+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 244 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 4874

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

is gon be tomorrow, all what's left is wait and see if Jon is going to do what he has to.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Don't forget that Daenerys also has Woman With Power and Exotic Foreigner adding to her crazyness equation, which is inverted in Jon by his Milquetoast White Local Guy With Dong factors
    I think the subtext is more targyaren are crazy and Starks are great than it is about their gender and color.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

So how would any of you feel if Danny just killed Jon(and Sansa) and kept the throne and that's the bitter sweet ending. The once who burned a whole city is the one that ended up ruling?

I don't belive it will happen but how would you feel?

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I think the subtext is more targyaren are crazy and Starks are great than it is about their gender and color.

So how would any of you feel if Danny just killed Jon(and Sansa) and kept the throne and that's the bitter sweet ending. The once who burned a whole city is the one that ended up ruling?

Par the course for Westeros' history of being an awful shithole, at the bare minimum.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Last episode, time to burn it all down once and for all.

To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Dun dun dun dun dun dunn dun

One last time

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post

That would be pretty dope.

Is Bronze John ruling The Vale in stead for the creepy Arryn kid? Or did that whole angle just vanish?

Spoiler:
    Holy shit, this was the most fun I've had watching Game of Thrones since season 4. I also love how Tyrion is just instantly in charge. Also that annoying little kid is an adult now and Gendry is an actual Baratheon.

BRING ON THE MEMES!

My kneejerk reaction is that I liked it, but I read the leaks so I knew what was coming and just rolled with it.

Spoiler:
    Best scene was Brienne writing about Jaime. That actually got me a bit emotional.

No idea why Arya wants to sail West though. I don't remember anything about her wanting to explore. Probably just setting things up for a potential sequel.

Silliest moment was Drogan not killing Jon. Your mom dies and you don't care about the guy who almost certainly killed her? all of those unqualified secondary characters becoming the high counsel. How was that not my first choice?

All and all, I liked this show, even with it's issues.
    Last edited by MrBits; May 19th, 2019 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Every good thing about this show came from Martin's writings, and once Beinoff and Weiss had to make up their story, it showed them what total fucking hacks they are.

Spoiler:
    A GAME OF THRONES FINAL LEADERBOARD

Jon: Back with Tormond, where he belongs. De-facto King Beyond the Wall. Kit Harrington is finally allowed to sleep.
    Sansa: Dark Phoenix Queen In Da Norf, may her reign be long and her enemies die painfully.
    Arya: Sailing west to Americos (or Valinor, whichever comes first), voted most likely to find One Piece. Is going to stab so many exotic people.
    Bran: King of the Six Kingdoms. Comes with his own throne. Is his own Master of Whispers. Bloodraven would be proud.
    Tyrion: Trapped in the same dead-end job. Paramount Lord of the Westerlands by default. Eventually makes the toilet where Tywin died a national landmark.
    Davos: Master of Boats. Master of Grammar. Becomes father-figure to every child in Westeros and beyond. Carves reindeer in memory of Stan the Man.
    Bronn: Master of Coin. Paramount Lord of the Reach. Lord of Highgarden. Winner of the Social Mobility Award. Will open many brothels in the memory of Littlefinger.
    Brienne: Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, just as her ancestor Dunk was. Her section of the Lord Commander Book is like 50 pages long and is entitled I'M LOOKING FOR A HIGHBORN GIRL WITH AUBURN HAIR.
    Sam: Archmaester. The editor GRRM will never have. Would totally give dogs the right to vote.
    Podrick: Kingsguard, just like his mommy. The tales of his spear and his other spear will echo down in the history of the Kingsguard and the brothels of King's Landing.
    Grey Worm: "Fuck this shit I'm out." Retires to his girlfriend's old house.
    Tormond: Is reunited with his man. Has so many new ginger adventures to go on. Has so many bears to fuck.
    Dany: The coin landed on its side.
    Drogon: Is going to crash on his old college roommates' couch until he gets his life back together.
    Gendry: Lord of the Stormlands? I mean, by default.
    Edmund: HOLY SHIT EDMUND MY MAN YOU'RE STILL ALIVE. Continues his rule over the burned-out hellscape that is the Riverlands.
    Asha: Lord of the Lesbians and the Ironborn. Still waiting on Uncle Victarion to come back from his vacation.
    Ghost: A GOOD BOY
    Ice Spiders: Did not happen.
    Elephants: Did not happen.
    Aegon VI: Did not happen, thank christ.
    Cleganebowl: GET FUCKING HYPE
    Winds of Winter: Still not out yet.

Congratulations, Westeros! You survived the Targaryen Rule By Nuclear Dinosaur, the Baratheon Rule By Drinking, and the Lannister Rule By Doing Whatever Would Kill the Most People!

Your reward?

Becoming the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Have fun.

Your new king knows about every single time you've ever masturbated.

Spoiler:
    Also, wouldn't Bran be infertile due to being crippled? Kinda hard to make an heir that way

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Spoiler:
    Also, wouldn't Bran be infertile due to being crippled?
    Spoiler:
    Electoral monarchy, whether your dick functions doesn't matter.

Spoiler:
    So Stark was Common Speech for Roosevelt?
    Complicating things since 2009.

what am I going to look forward to watch on Sunday nights now?

Haha those leaks ended up being true. Don't think I'm even gonna bother with the remaining 2 books that's assuming they get released.

Also, if the writers were strapped for time or whatever, they should have just one battle at King's Landing with Dany winning straight away, so we could at least one one full episode for her heel turn, if nothing else.

Dany's turn made perfect sense to me. Yeah the show rushed it because they don't know how to write without Martin, and turn every sex scene into a rape scene. and generally just don't get subtley, nuance or pacing.... but .... it was obvious?

Spoiler:
    She constantly talks, throughout the series, about burning entire cities to the ground. She does it in Qarth, she does it in Mereen, she has to be talked out of razing King's Landing multiple times throughout Seasons 7 and 8. She also leaves each slave city once she's conquered it and added to her armies, leaving Yunkai and Astapor to fall back into chaos, then leaving Mereen, a place where she has made life demonstrably worse for her subjects, in the hands of a company of sellswords.

She's been quick to violence and quick to collectively punish anyone in her way since the very beginning, and more than a few people have made the point that what she really cares about, more than anything, is adoration. Those that don't love her have no value to her, which explains why she was more than happy to head back to Westeros after her popularity with the Mereenese plummeted, due in part to publicly executing one of her Mereenese advisors.

And then that whole tinder pile goes up after her lover and her closest advisers betray her, right after she watches her best friend get beheaded, her final words being "dracarys."

She was already cruel, violent and impulsive, she's been getting paranoid since coming to a land where she doesn't get the adoration that she craves, and now she's got two extremely traumatizing catalyzing events that she carries into battle with her. Anyone that doesn't see what happened as the logical result of her entire story is being deliberately obtuse.

Yeah she has a character arc and a sympathetic backstory, but... she's consistently been one of the nastiest and most brutal characters in the show, in a show full of nasty and brutal characters, she just didn't do much of the horrible stuff personally.

Any other narrative "the decendant of the mad king that hid in different land is coming back for revenge to conquer everyone with dragons" would very obviously be an imminent villain threat. It's a testament to GRRM's skill that he made that character sympathetic, someone whose side you could see and root for... but... she has ALWAYS been that character. Her actions at the end were not new.

Side note, she also has the one narrative not connected to literally anything else in the story. You could have skipped her parts entirely and nothing in the narrative would have changed in the least until she arrived. Even as late as book 5 the only narrative that overlaps with hers even a little is Tyrions, and they never even speak during that book. In all the canon books, she's had ZERO interaction with any of the cast.

Side side note, its her story arc in particular that gave GRRM writer's block on book 4 causing him to split it in half, and that same arc that cause book 5 to take six years. I dunno what's taking book 6 so long, but I won't be surprised if turns out its something to do with her again.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    Haha those leaks ended up being true. Don't think I'm even gonna bother with the remaining 2 books that's assuming they get released.
    Why not? From what I have heard, Martin actually takes his time and lets the characters organically drive the plot rather than plot and shock driving it like the show.

This finale was shit and quite literally one of the biggest failures I have seen. The technical aspects were superb, but the writing didn't tie any of them. The moments in this finale should've been THE moment for the characters and yet I couldn't really give a single shit about where which character goes. All of it felt like a lazy fanservice ending that quickly tied up stuff to end the suffering.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information