+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 975 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo Thread

Default Re: Official Wii Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prince
    You do know the Wii is region locked.....
    yesh, im hoping whoever made the Freeloader will come up with something to let me play Japanese Games, or I could just get a 2nd Wii that is Japanese Region
    But with OP:UA being at E3, DBZ Sparking NEO already being announced for a US release, and the Naruto GNT series being released in America, I suspect those will all eventually be availible In the US too... but then I'd have to put up with the Voices T_T

Like I said in another thread, I failed to get a preorder, so I may camp out at Walmart to get one.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin
    yesh, im hoping whoever made the Freeloader will come up with something to let me play Japanese Games, or I could just get a 2nd Wii that is Japanese Region
    :scribbles:

$250 + Y25,000 is still less than a fully-decked PS3. :)

The Wii is the only next-gen console which appeals to me. If I want good graphics, I'll stick with my PC. And all the High-Def freaks can drool as I can play games at 2048x1536 on my monitor.

The Wii offers me a gaming experience I can't get on the PC, at least not without buying at least $250 in specialty hardware and then spending ages setting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin
    DBZ Sparking NEO already being announced for a US release
    I'm pretty sure it's a launch title in the US.

If anyone really really wants to preorder they start on the 29th at Toys R Us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter
    Like I said in another thread, I failed to get a preorder, so I may camp out at Walmart to get one.
    Toys R Us starts the 29th
    PSN - EvilGamerX
    3DS Friend Code - 0344-9277-3361

Haha. Maybe I'll wake up early and have to camp there for a preorder.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Demon Days's Avatar

I guess I'll wait till it comes out in America, and see what people there think of it first. I'll probably ask for it for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty1Berry
    The Wii is the only next-gen console which appeals to me. If I want good graphics, I'll stick with my PC. And all the High-Def freaks can drool as I can play games at 2048x1536 on my monitor.
    Are there any games that actually take advantage of 2048x1536 yet? I'm thinking maybe battlefield 2, but that would just be a guess.

Captain Smoker Fangirl~! SereneCrimson's Avatar

*holds up preorder slip*
    I got the last one available at EB Games.
    I feel extremely lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGamerX
    Is that a Sunday?

since tuesday is halloween, yes.
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

Quote Originally Posted by Refii
    Are there any games that actually take advantage of 2048x1536 yet? I'm thinking maybe battlefield 2, but that would just be a guess.
    Dunno. I know when I played NFS:U, it topped at 1280x1024... I'm speaking of the theoretical possibility of playing games mostly.

I'm going to take my chances in the first come first serve...
    Which shouldn't really be too hard, since my sources tell me that Nintendo, unlike Sony, will probably be having enough available on launch date to get everyone who preordered one a system as well as those who waited till it came out. As long as you (/we) rush in the first day or so, it probably won't be too hard to get one (Zelda might be, though...).

What does everybody think of Red Steel? I was interested until I saw it in action via IGN and I don't know. either the guy playing has god awful aim or something is horribly amok with the title.
    It looks alright, but really isn't top of my list. If the video you speak of is the same one I'm thinking of, I believe he said he was playing too close to the TV, which was throwing the calibration off (I believe they would probably have some way of changing it for each TV, so it shouldn't be a big issue, either).

If I can get enough for more controllers sometime ($60... ugh =/), I will be attempting to plug the system into our church projecter and have four people get on stage for some Wii Tennis action. =D

At first Red Steel looked awesome, then in E3 it looked crappy and now it's steadily starting to look good again. I just read the wiimote is used as a phone too. During multiplayer, or something, you hear your objectives from the speaker but to hear it properly you have to put the controller next to your ear -- as you were using a phone. Creative.

I would say there are good chances that the game will be from good to great. But I also say it will still take few years before developers are really able to take everything out of the controller and if this game doesn't hit hard, it's possible that it's sequals will.

Wii Tennis only requires the wiimote though... so it's like extra $40 per a player.

3 * $40 = $120

During multiplayer, or something, you hear your objectives from the speaker but to hear it properly you have to put the controller next to your ear -- as you were using a phone. Creative.
    Now that is pretty cool. Doesn't really effect the gameplay too much, I suppose (except in knowing stuff your opponents don't), but still rather interesting.

Wii Tennis only requires the wiimote though... so it's like extra $40 per a player.

3 * $40 = $120
    Indeed. I was thinking of that earlier. And thanks to me getting fairly good paychecks recently + birthday in 13 days, I might just be able to pull off getting three controllers around the same day.

This is gonna be awesome... :q

I have a question, when do you guys think would be an appropiate time to attempt to get the Wii the day it comes out? Super early morning? Or am I overestimating the time?

um, super early morning. I suggest camping there.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGamerX

I'll take that then.

As of right now I'm torn between a Red Steel and DBZ BT2 regarding what game I should get along side Twilight Princess. I am pretty much going to be forced to buy a bundle by FYE and from what I recall I'll have to get two launch titles alongside the Wii. Twilight Princess is a given, but as I said I'm torn between Steel and DBZ. Red Steel seems like it could be a hit or a dud, and DBZ honestly looks like fun, but I guess it comes down to which will be more fun. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prince
    um, super early morning. I suggest camping there.
    I anticipated as much, I was just being optimistic. >> Oh well, I'll try my hardest to be their first! :O

Has anyone heard any news on Pokemon Revolution? I saw a couple of screenshots for it a month or so again and haven't heard anything about it since.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information