+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 988 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo Thread

Default Re: Official Wii Discussion

A good idea would probably be to go to a big retail store like Walmart. Walmart is open 24 hours, so you can stay inside and hang around instead of staying out in the cold. It'll also probably be a bit more manageable than a specialized game store, since the "die hard" people will probably be swamping them.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

I'm still waiting for Super Smash Bros Brawl

I was thinking of buying this for my girlfriend, while I wait for the ps3 when that first price drop happends. ( if it ever does)

What does the Wii offer? How similiar is the controls to the "glove"? How would that affect gameplay?

I know the graphics are not as good as the other systems, but what makes you guy more excited about this system? Game play means alot to me and that depends on the game library. What makes it stand out other than the control system?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prince
    um, super early morning. I suggest camping there.
    how early is super early? :x

What makes it stand out other than the control system?
    Well, firstly the price

Secondly is the line up of games available to the Wii. Super Smash Bros Melee, Twilight Princess, Metroid, the Wii Sports Series, and something I will have to get in the future: WII MUSIC.

Red Steel looks pretty interesting too.

And the interface looks pretty clean too, along with all the Mii's and the Virtual System.

Mainly for me it's the price though. And I just don't exactly see how motion sensors will work with that controller except for racing games.

that and It's small enough to fit into my backpack. I want one before the week After April Vacation so I can take it on my school's band and orchestra's trip to Baltimore for a music festival. And all that jazz.
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

Quote Originally Posted by rusashi
    how early is super early? :x
    um the night before at like 10:00. Just sleep there man. IF I had the time or something I would. I think I would.

The Wii will either be a big success or just another average system. I think it'll be a success, because Nintendo has been thinking "outside of the box" with their systems and games since they started planning about the DS back in '04. I think their launch games will be great, and since a lot of people love super smash bros., Super Smash Bros. Brawl will give the Wii a great start.
    The only thing I worry about is Wi-Fi. I think Nintendo is afraid to step it up a notch in online gaming. What I mean by that is they don't want things to happen where a little kid meets a 'cool' guy and wants to meet up with him in real life only to find out that he's a child molestor and kidnaps him, thus getting Nintendo sued by his parents. Why don't they just trust that their parents will talk to the kids about it? Or they could at least have a small booklet about handling these kind of things.
    Otherwise, I think I'll love this system alot. One Piece: Unlimited Adventure looks really good.

Semi-Active, Enerette Fan! Pesola's Avatar
    Finland the contry of ice and snow, Kemi, the citiy of S*** at nowhere. Tough proud of it!

Woot! For those Fin people, the Wii is gonna be releashed on 8.12.2006... But no idea of the prize thought, but I bet its gonna be something like 250€. :D

Or 249.99 .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro
    The only thing I worry about is Wi-Fi. I think Nintendo is afraid to step it up a notch in online gaming.
    I'm generally happy how Wi-Fi has been with DS - I'm a quick match type of person anyway - but I'm disappointed how Nintendo is again behind MS and Sony when it comes to online gaming. Even Brawl probably won't get online features which is a big bummer.

Something about people sleeping outside to get an early console. What are they thinking?

They are gonna have over $250 bucks on them and anyone who spots them unless they live under a rock would know that. Not to mention theres some sick fucks out there. XD

But really...people who camp out, in my opinion, the bravest people in the world. (Or possibly the foolest?)

Well, I'm not going to camp, but I might be at Fred Meyers around 5:00 am. (The only store in town that I can think of that will have one...)

But besides Zelda, the game I am looking at is one that not many people are mentioning...Rayman. I mean with mini-games like this, how can you NOT want it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w2y4o6E-iME
    If I think I'm insane, does it mean I'm not? Because a truly insane person wouldn't know that they are insane?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpj3nSpKt14

I liked Ray Man for the N64, havent played one since. This one looks really fun. The Wii is all around win. I cant wait to play Madden with the Wiimote.

And me and my friends are gonna be outside Best Buy with a tent at Midnight. Im sure the 4 of us could take any "thug" who would attack us. Lol.

For those interested. FYE is now allowing game preorders for $5 each and also reserving extra controllers aswell. I wasn't given a price but I'm going there tommorrow after class and I'll let you guys know. The bundle I'm being told is for 2 games, a Wii(w/ Wiisports) and an extra controller (not sure if this means just wiimote, wiimote+nunchuck, or whatever) and I'm still stuck between DBZBT2 and Red Steel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

786110, your not gettin Zelda? Anyways, I would buy red steel over dbzbt2. I really didnt like the first one, the sound effects were late and everything was wrong with the game.

I am getting Zelda. It's just that the bundle is for two games, so the second game is a toss up between BT2 and Red Steel

Edit:
    Preordered Red Steel and Twilight Princess. Though it was weird to find out that the software is arriving the 15th and the hardware the 19th. No information on bundles as of yet.
    Last edited by raj; October 23rd, 2006 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

Semi-Active, Enerette Fan! Pesola's Avatar
    Finland the contry of ice and snow, Kemi, the citiy of S*** at nowhere. Tough proud of it!

After thinking some, I decided, I'm definetly getting Wii! In Finland the box is 269.90 €, the box inclodes: Wii, Wii Sports Game, The controller with Nunchuk part.

I'm DEFINETLY getting it.... Oh and SSBB! :D

Damn it, I went to Toys R Us this morning to try to get a preorder. Since I don't have a car on campus (freshmen aren't allowed to have 'em) the only way I can get there is to take the bus. The Bus started running this morning at 10:00, and i got to the store around 10:30 (30 minutes after it opened). The goofy clerk tells me that they just handed out slips to people
    waiting outside at 10 and they ran out. I was pretty miffed, since I pretty much wasted my morning on this futile trip out to this hellhole of toys and bacteria.

I guess I'll have to camp out at walmart on the night of the 18th

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

I wonder if any stores are gonna do midnight releases.
    PSN - EvilGamerX
    3DS Friend Code - 0344-9277-3361

Wal-Mart usually does that. Sooooo there's really no need to camp out all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesola
    After thinking some, I decided, I'm definetly getting Wii! In Finland the box is 269.90 €, the box inclodes: Wii, Wii Sports Game, The controller with Nunchuk part.

I'm DEFINETLY getting it.... Oh and SSBB! :D

SSBB isn't till 2007

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information