+ Reply to Thread
Page 940 of 941 FirstFirst ... 440 840 890 930 938 939 940 941 LastLast
Results 18,781 to 18,800 of 18807

Thread: The Nintendo Thread

Default Re: The Nintendo Thread

It's not about morals, though, Robo.

Some people don't know enough about alternatives to trust them, so they default to buying official products. Some people don't even know there are alternatives and only trust their brand name recognition. Some people just find stock in buying 'canon' things, and the fact that it's an official Nintendo product by itself adds value.

I agree with the mentality of emulating everything, especially to spit in Nintendo's face for their shitty practices regarding their IPs, but you can't ignore the large audience that exists that wants the official products that Nintendo is screwing over.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

If people want to buy hardware that Nintendo make, that's on them and Nintendo has every right to sell it.

When it comes to paying for old software titles, I agree that for the most part they should be freely accessible to the public, especially older titles that you can now run anywhere and most people have bought them somewhere already. Perhaps small fees for titles that require update of licenses and w.e.
    That said, regarding the historical concern, most of these successful games likely to be in a SNES classic and the like are probably already easy to archive and store, both in physical format and in digital formats that allow for preservation.
    The historical concern is more for games limited to rare hardware, games with limited releases and availability, and things that we don't see due to localization issues or development hell/cancellation.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

I still can't believe my comment about how the SNES Mini could possibly be given some utility (make it multiplayer-centric) turned into a discussion about the morality of piracy or Nintendo's rights to sell their own IPs.

Well, you did mention the word emulator...

Yeah but I was talking about what could make the official product more convenient or useful than emulation. Not morally superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I still can't believe my comment about how the SNES Mini could possibly be given some utility (make it multiplayer-centric) turned into a discussion about the morality of piracy or Nintendo's rights to sell their own IPs.
    It's not what you said, it's Robo seeming to be utterly perplexed that anybody might actually want to buy an SNES Mini when emulation exists lol.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    It's not what you said, it's Robo seeming to be utterly perplexed that anybody might actually want to buy an SNES Mini when emulation exists lol.
    I'm not sure how 'it's a cool thing and I can understand why people would want it' came across that way. I was talking about the morality of emulation and Nintendo's rereleases not properly compensating the people who made the game, not bashing people who wanted to buy it because it was cool.

RoboBlue: @DemonRin I'm not against Nintendo re-releasing their stuff and people buying it
    RoboBlue
    :
    they make cool stuff

RoboBlue: I just don't like the idea of measuring how good of a person someone is by how much stuff they buy
    When you said people want to support the official product, I assumed you meant for moral reasons and not purely because they wanted the item. I'm also really bitter that the SNES classic will now be much harder to get than the NES classic was, since I really want some of those controllers. :(
    Last edited by RoboBlue; April 24th, 2017 at 07:08 AM.

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I hope they have special weapons! :O
    Using Simon's whip to knock bombs away would be awesome.

For anyone who still wants one, Best Buy will have the last NES classics in stores tomorrow and Switches on Friday. Of course, you could always keep this guy's advice in mind:

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Damn. I'm actually going to make an attempt for them.

I'll try for some of those neat controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I'll try for some of those neat controllers.
    I've mostly given up on getting the official one. The Insignia brand works quite well, with an extra 4 inches in the cable. And since the innards are the exact shape of the original controllers, it gave me a chance to do a little modification:
    Spoiler:

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

SUCK MY BUTT, SCALPERS.

Apparently I got pretty uncharacteristically lucky with my Best Buy compared to other stories I'm hearing since I got home. I stopped by yesterday and was told they'd be handing out reservation tickets to people in line at around 8:30 this morning. I got there around 7:45, was only the third person in line, and was able to go kill time elsewhere and just waltz back into the store when it opened at 10 to pick up my reserved unit.

I'm honestly surprised that it went so well and that my usually dirt-broke self was able to snatch one up during this last chance.
    [ Twitter | deviantART | FanFic: Dragon Ball GT: Revised ]
    3DS FC: 1504 - 5800 - 6358 // NNID: KaboomKrusader // PSN: KaboomKrusader // Steam: KaboomKrusader

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
    SUCK MY BUTT, SCALPERS.

Apparently I got pretty uncharacteristically lucky with my Best Buy compared to other stories I'm hearing since I got home. I stopped by yesterday and was told they'd be handing out reservation tickets to people in line at around 8:30 this morning. I got there around 7:45, was only the third person in line, and was able to go kill time elsewhere and just waltz back into the store when it opened at 10 to pick up my reserved unit.

I'm honestly surprised that it went so well and that my usually dirt-broke self was able to snatch one up during this last chance.
    AWESOME!

I wasn't able to get there in time, but hopefully the scalpers didn't get too many.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/04/2...ntendo-switch/

Not familiar with it but it's pretty cool
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

If this works as advertised, and Nintendo doesn't do anything to gimp it, then the Switch may have just become best console in one fell swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    If this works as advertised, and Nintendo doesn't do anything to gimp it, then the Switch may have just become best console in one fell swoop.
    It's also coming to Xbox One. This part is interesting:

"Rainway's signature feature is that it's available on any device with a web browser. You'll simply visit play.rainway.io, log in, and kick back with your favorite games.
    Could the Switch be getting a browser?

yeah, but the Switch is portable. If I'm at home, I'll just play PC games... on my PC... if the Switch can play any of my PC games anywhere I have internet? Hell yes.

Game streaming is an overall terrible experience. There's a reason it's not taking off in any capacity on PS4.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information