+ Reply to Thread
Page 974 of 975 FirstFirst ... 474 874 924 964 972 973 974 975 LastLast
Results 19,461 to 19,480 of 19482

Thread: The Nintendo Thread

Default Re: The Nintendo Thread

I want to get mario odyssey so bad, it looks like a killer good time

am I the only one who loves the broodals? I hope they are in the new mario kart/mario party games

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

I actually (and finally) got to try out Odyssey at Gamestop today. Mario controls well, although I thought rolling was a seperate button; it seems you have to hold the input after you long jump? So glad to have triple jumps, long jumps, and side jumps all back again :)

Also, it seems X and Y use Cappy, while A and B make Mario jump.

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Funding Canceled
    Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator about 7 hours ago.

I wonder if he realized that the game he was kickstarting had already been released.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I wonder if he realized that the game he was kickstarting had already been released.
    Wait, what's the true sequel to Super Mario RPG?

You fucking naive fool.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Wait, what's the true sequel to Super Mario RPG?
    Paper Mario. Its original title was Super Mario RPG 2.

Paper Mario. Its original title was Super Mario RPG 2.
    I mean, the working title for Dead or Alive: Beach Volleyball could have been Super Mario RPG 2 and it wouldn't have made it a true sequel [though, now that I think about it, wouldn't that have been great?].

Say what you want about the Paper Mario series--in my case, meh--but think the point is fair that there's not been a similarly written or executed game or even in that same universe (have Mallow and Geno showed up in any non-cameo role that I don't know about? I'd assume not, since Square made the first game and all). Even then, think Superstar Saga is a closer approximation than whatever happened with Paper Mario.

That said, HAHAHAHA, why did this guy think this Kickstarter would work?

Okay probably just an Easter egg but super fucking awesome

Spoiler:

but seriously will they have other kingdoms as Easter eggs too? Like bean bean kingdom (mario and luigi super star saga) or Rouge town (paper mario and the thousand year door),Yoshi's island (Yoshi games) D.K island (donkey kong games), random wario game places, like diamond city and syrup island (from wario games)

Also again can't wait to see Broodals get more time to shine, whether it's in mario kart, mario party, or maybe even smash bros. Idk why I like these guys so much but I really do

what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Okay probably just an Easter egg but super fucking awesome

Spoiler:

but seriously will they have other kingdoms as Easter eggs too? Like bean bean kingdom (mario and luigi super star saga) or Rouge town (paper mario and the thousand year door),Yoshi's island (Yoshi games) D.K island (donkey kong games), random wario game places, like diamond city and syrup island (from wario games)

Also again can't wait to see Broodals get more time to shine, whether it's in mario kart, mario party, or maybe even smash bros. Idk why I like these guys so much but I really do
    I don't think it's just an easter egg.

Spoiler:

This all but confirms the ability to travel to Peach's Castle, and the Mushroom Kingdom is on the map. So the same should go for Isle Delfino.

However, I think you are getting ahead of yourself by bringing up those locations from spin-off series. The reason why Peach's Castle and Isle Delfino are in the game is likely because they are from previous 3D open-world Mario games like Odyssey. A lot of the features in Odyssey gameplay and level-wise are straight-up inspired by those games, so it makes sense to recreate levels from them. Nintendo themselves have recognized and hyped up Odyssey being similar to Super Mario 64 and Sunshine by releasing this timeline:

But maybe there might be a Yoshi or even Wario reference somewhere if New Donk City has so many easter egg references to the Donkey Kong series. I wouldn't expect full levels straight from those games though.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I don't think it's just an easter egg.

Spoiler:

This all but confirms the ability to travel to Peach's Castle, and the Mushroom Kingdom is on the map. So the same should go for Isle Delfino.

However, I think you are getting ahead of yourself by bringing up those locations from spin-off series. The reason why Peach's Castle and Isle Delfino are in the game is likely because they are from previous 3D open-world Mario games like Odyssey. A lot of the features in Odyssey gameplay and level-wise are straight-up inspired by those games, so it makes sense to recreate levels from them. Nintendo themselves have recognized and hyped up Odyssey being similar to Super Mario 64 and Sunshine by releasing this timeline:

https://i.imgur.com/lEnjqJ2.jpg

But maybe there might be a Yoshi or even Wario reference somewhere if New Donk City has so many easter egg references to the Donkey Kong series. I wouldn't expect full levels straight from those games though.
    Spoiler:

thanks for the time line, awesome info

question, after this game comes out how can they keep adding to mario's world, once it's already been completed. I mean they can't show a whole world map and then in the next game say things like, Oh no these are new undiscovered areas that didn't exist before right? in basically kills off there chance to keep making more games unless they just keep using the same areas and levels..... which would ruin it

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Spoiler:

thanks for the time line, awesome info

question, after this game comes out how can they keep adding to mario's world, once it's already been completed. I mean they can't show a whole world map and then in the next game say things like, Oh no these are new undiscovered areas that didn't exist before right? in basically kills off there chance to keep making more games unless they just keep using the same areas and levels..... which would ruin it
    Spoiler:

They'll ignore all of that. It's not like they pay attention to continuity.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Dat marketing.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh, as an aside - finally found out the identity of the singer/Pauline's VA. Kate Higgins (Davis). She voices Lissa in Fire Emblem, and loads of other anime/game credits.
    http://nintendoeverything.com/kate-h...up-super-star/

Didn't I posted that video last page?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Didn't I posted that video last page?
    You might've rabbit you might've
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I mean, the working title for Dead or Alive: Beach Volleyball could have been Super Mario RPG 2 and it wouldn't have made it a true sequel [though, now that I think about it, wouldn't that have been great?].

Say what you want about the Paper Mario series--in my case, meh--but think the point is fair that there's not been a similarly written or executed game or even in that same universe (have Mallow and Geno showed up in any non-cameo role that I don't know about? I'd assume not, since Square made the first game and all). Even then, think Superstar Saga is a closer approximation than whatever happened with Paper Mario.
    Have you never played the first two Paper Marios or what the heck lol. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that because goddamn this post is bewildering.

Hey, everybody, let me write an extended response to Monkey King so that we can engage in a civil and hahahahahahahah no.

That said, HAHAHAHA, why did this guy think this Kickstarter would work?
    RPGs can be numbered and not necessarily connected by story or main characters. Just look at Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. When you think about it, it literally is a 2nd RPG starring Mario, so it's as close as we're ever likely going to get, Geno or no Geno.

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

The battle system of Paper Mario, like its predecessor's, is designed around the Timed Hits mechanic. The town and dungeon areas have new mechanics for Mario to exploit (based around the new art style), but the core gameplay remains the same.

The games are different, but it's like comparing Super Mario Bros to Super Mario Bros 3: the two have far more similarities than differences.

The battle system of Paper Mario, like its predecessor's, is designed around the Timed Hits mechanic. The town and dungeon areas have new mechanics for Mario to exploit (based around the new art style), but the core gameplay remains the same.

The games are different, but it's like comparing Super Mario Bros to Super Mario Bros 3: the two have far more similarities than differences.
    To me, it's more like SMB to SMB2, except in this case the series thereafter followed the pattern established by the second. Definitely shared core gameplay, but abandons quite a bit of the first--like almost all of the non-SMB characters, the larger party mechanics replaced with partners, stripped-down/simplified combat, the switch to 2.5D--which then became the base for the games that followed. But I'm pretty much quibbling over matters of degree here, so, eh. You're right.

On the Timed Hits point, I was just thinking about that the other day. Was that the first turn-based RPG to really incorporate something like that [as well as initiating combat through punches or jumps on the larger map]? Only thing I could think of was something to the effect of Sabin's blitzes in FFVI, but that was one character and one mechanic out of over a dozen.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information