+ Reply to Thread
Page 981 of 983 FirstFirst ... 481 881 931 971 979 980 981 982 983 LastLast
Results 19,601 to 19,620 of 19648

Thread: The Nintendo Thread

Default Re: The Nintendo Thread

I'm expecting another direct early next year that will line up a bunch of stuff they have planned out for the year much like they did this year. I suppose they'll be expecting the third party support to pick up and continue next year too
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/11/1...switch-titles/

A reddit member apparently gave a bunch of info about upcoming Nintendo Switch stuff

Spoiler:

-A Switch port of Dragon Ball FighterZ is in the works and will likely come out in Fall/Winter 2018.

-Soul Calibur VI is in development for Nintendo Switch (alongside PS4 and PC). Link would return as a guest character on the Switch version.

-There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon’s 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.

-Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I’ve heard. I’m hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don’t know which development studio.

-There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.

-The Switch’s Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.

-Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I’ve heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.

-According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

-Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I’m not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.

Per usual though nothing to confirm any of it so take with grains of salt
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Hearthstone would be nice on the switch, Blizzard and nintendo working together again would be.. scary.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Was the octosquare demo removed?

Found it, as it is not released it didn't show up in the searches
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

TWEWY 2, eh. In retrospect, surprising that game never got a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    A reddit member apparently gave a bunch of info about upcoming Nintendo Switch stuff
    Oh boy, this'll be good. Let's check these out point-by-point:

Spoiler:
    -A Switch port of Dragon Ball FighterZ is in the works and will likely come out in Fall/Winter 2018.
    Cool. As this is a fast-paced 2D fighter however, performance matters a WHOLE hell of a lot, so I'll be watching to see if they get this thing running at 60fps

-Soul Calibur VI is in development for Nintendo Switch (alongside PS4 and PC). Link would return as a guest character on the Switch version.
    If true I'm picking this up. Not a huge SC fan, but I'm a big enough Zelda fan to be a sucker for this

-There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemonís 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.
    This makes a hell of a lot of sense. I have no doubt porting Gen VII over to Switch has been a thing GF has been doing since at bare minimum, it would help not having to start from scratch with a new engine for Gen VIII.

-Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what Iíve heard. Iím hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I donít know which development studio.
    Yyyyyyyyyyyyessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

-The Switchís Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.
    We already know this one. You pay for their monthly internet and you get one free game for the duration of the month, then at the end of the month you lose it and get another. If you actually want to OWN these games, find a scalper you can buy an NES/SNES classic from for a ridiculous markup because we're Nintendo and Fuck our Loyal customer base right in their fucking asses.

-Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that Iíve heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah, this list is fake.

-According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.
    Neat, the first game looked interesting. Would be cool if this list weren't totally fake.

-There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.
    -Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. Iím not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.
    Not really big on either of these franchises anyway so :/

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 ē Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Out of all the button mashing fighters, I've enjoyed Soul Calibur the most. I can't wait for it to come out.

We have a pretty much perfect English Mother 3 already. I'll buy the official version if it ever does show up, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Expecting the Toads to be the new Minions of the Mario Universe.

But, how, can I exist within the midst of this? But, how, can I admit that I would quit on you? Missio - Can I Exist

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

I think Mario animated shorts can work if they are like the Power Tennis and Toadstool Tour openings by Camelot Software Planning. Maybe even an animated tv show if it's like the comics and Mario RPGs. But an animated movie? By Illumination of all studios?

We live in a timeline where a Ratchet & Clank movie flopped, the one cartoony video game franchise literally tailor made for a movie with all of the cutscenes, action, and humor it has. Although that was mainly because the script pitched by the story writer of the games got trashed in favor of Kevin Munroe's awful story. But if that couldn't work...

At least it's not live-action with CGI like the upcoming Sonic movie, I guess?

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Makes so little sense for a character associated with strict quality guidelines to have a movie handled by one of the laziest high-profile animations studios around.

Interestingly I was wondering earlier how Nintendo has the whole theme park thing and yet no one has tried to abuse all the IPs it has for a cinematic universe or something. And now this.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Mario is supposed to be in Wreck-it Ralph 2 which more than satisfies any desire I have to see him in cinematic form. This has the potential to be a disaster.

Still not as mind boggling as that Detective Pikachu movie.

How much worse than the existing TV shows/movies based on Nintendo properties could it really be?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I think Mario animated shorts can work if they are like the Power Tennis and Toadstool Tour openings by Camelot Software Planning. Maybe even an animated tv show if it's like the comics and Mario RPGs. But an animated movie? By Illumination of all studios?
    Dude, I miss the heck out of those, and it's in the latter game where the Mario (humans) say the most amount of clear, actual sentences.

Aah, the days when Mario sports games were made with care and effort and fun, instead of just being thrown together into a loveless packaged game where you get multiple sports but hardly any memorable enjoyment.

It's kind of sad that even though the quality of mario and mario kart remains high, most other side games just continue this descent into mediocrity. Mario Party, Mario sports, Mario RPGs... all a sad shadow of what they used to be.
    But I guess at least Mario strategy did pretty well despite involving the minions of video games.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Aah, the days when Mario sports games were made with care and effort and fun, instead of just being thrown together into a loveless packaged game where you get multiple sports but hardly any memorable enjoyment.

It's kind of sad that even though the quality of mario and mario kart remains high, most other side games just continue this descent into mediocrity. Mario Party, Mario sports, Mario RPGs... all a sad shadow of what they used to be.
    But I guess at least Mario strategy did pretty well despite involving the minions of video games.
    Are you referring to just the Paper Mario series, or are you including the Mario and Luigi games as well? I'm just curious, since the last one of those I fully played was Inside Story, but I remembering enjoying it immensely, as well as the small chunk of Dream Team that I did play. I heard that the Paper Mario crossover was pretty mediocre, but it's really a shame if that whole series on its own has been going downhill too.

Everything that we had to say about Sticker Star and Colour Splash was already been said it like three times already.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post

Last Mario sports game (not including Mario Kart) I played that I enjoyed was Mario Baseball on the Gamecube idk why I enjoyed it so much but I did
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    Are you referring to just the Paper Mario series, or are you including the Mario and Luigi games as well? I'm just curious, since the last one of those I fully played was Inside Story, but I remembering enjoying it immensely, as well as the small chunk of Dream Team that I did play. I heard that the Paper Mario crossover was pretty mediocre, but it's really a shame if that whole series on its own has been going downhill too.
    I include Mario and Luigi, and yes, I do think that the first games were better than the follow-ups. I'd say Partners in Time was the top for the series, but I never did play Bowser's Inside Story and hear that one was also excellent. The impressions I have of the games after that is rather tepid, and while I don't think they are as weak as the newer Paper Marios, I do feel they're progressively less robust.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information