+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixar movies

Default Re: Pixar movies

Wow. It's pretty amazing how the japanese trailer makes quite an opposite impression than the american one does. And does that by using basically the same footage we have seen already.

Well, except for
    Spoiler:
    Fergus throne diving and court crowd surfing.
    That was new. And awesome.

I hope they will show this film subbed, not dubbed here. The original voices are priceless.
    Last edited by Robby; March 9th, 2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Nah, thats just silly. Brave doesn`t tell you anything, it`s just your interpretation. "Merida: Legende der Highlands" is imo a really great title, sounds already like an awesome movie. And it does give a lot more actual infos, name of the main character, that it plays in Scotland. And calling her a legend gives a nice, epic feeling. Would you have really preferred it if they`d just translated the title to "Mutig"? I mean, that just sounds dumb.
    Is it silly? I don't think so, it's just, like you said, my interpretation. It is what i think of when i hear the title. Not that it's that important. I will still see the movie in the cinema, have fun with it, buy/rent the DVD later to watch it in English and have probably even more fun with it. I just don't like the fact that they change names of movies. Like changing "Get Him To The Greek" to "Männertrip" for example.
    And i never said i want the title translated, you seem to confuse me with someone else. I agree, it would be dumb. That's probably why they didn't use it.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    Is it silly? I don't think so, it's just, like you said, my interpretation. It is what i think of when i hear the title. Not that it's that important. I will still see the movie in the cinema, have fun with it, buy/rent the DVD later to watch it in English and have probably even more fun with it. I just don't like the fact that they change names of movies. Like changing "Get Him To The Greek" to "Männertrip" for example.
    And i never said i want the title translated, you seem to confuse me with someone else. I agree, it would be dumb. That's probably why they didn't use it.
    I just meant the reasoning you gave that the title Brave gives you more information on the movie was a bit silly, not your opinion itself. And while you yourself didn`t say you want the title translated, your main complaint was that the current german title is so different from then original one, so according to that just straght translating the title without changing its meaning should have been fine for you Now, I understand your standpoint, changing something from the original usually seems immediately and completely wrong to us, but thats a bit bias I think, these changes can be for the better, there are both good and bad examples (Männertrip would be a bad example, lol)

We probably should either end this conversation or take it to Pm though, seeing as it´s rather uninteresting for the non-german members^^

Just saw John Carter. It wasn't bad. It lacked a little of the sheer personality and likeability Pixar usually brings to its characters, (Come on Stanton, you put more charm and personality into a mute robot in 10 minutes!) and lets face it, its a 100 year old story thats been ripped off by... everyone... so you know all the basic plot steps in advance. So I was never really truly hooked in, but I don't have any complaints either. It wasn't too heavy on exposition (though some say it is) and it didn't *feel*long at all, though I can see why some might be bored by it.

I didn't love it, but I can't point out anything that was really done *wrong* either. Much better than Avatar, at any rate.

And one minor thing that I did LOVE however, came at the very end. Not a spoiler perse, but...
    Spoiler:
    The movie never displayed its opening title logo. And then at the very end... when the action was done. It did. Showed the custom graphic and the title was revealed as...

John Carter of Mars.

Screw you stupid marketing department!!

Though actually if I hadn't known full well it was on Mars it would have actually been a surprise reveal about an hour in, so... take that as you will.

So. Didn't love it, but I am kinda curious to read the books now.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

It came across a lot better than expected though I'm not sure why there were two different trailers for The Avengers with it.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    And one minor thing that I did LOVE however, came at the very end. Not a spoiler perse, but...
    Spoiler:
    The movie never displayed its opening title logo. And then at the very end... when the action was done. It did. Showed the custom graphic and the title was revealed as...

John Carter of Mars.
    Didn't The Dark Knight also do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Didn't The Dark Knight also do that?
    Even if it did, its not exactly the same thing, since Dark Knight was always Dark Knight.

Late to the party, but on the subject of Brave vs Meridia:legend of the highlands, I'd take Brave over Title Including Colon any day (though Bear and the Bow remains the better choice overall)
    A colon in the title either makes it look like a franchise installment at the point where numbers have gotten too big, or a documentary. "Homer S: Portrait of an Ass-grabber". It's propably just an unfounded pet Peeve of mine, but I would never include a colon in the title of a standalone fictional work. Just keep it succcint.

Dodgeball over Dodgeball: An underdog story.

Or even Tangled over its godawful danish title that tells you so much more about the movie: "Two on the run: A hair raising adventure!"

Well, Tangled should just be Rapunzel anyway.

I am kind of amused the first 10 seconds have Flinn swearing, "look, I'm a guy, and I'm in this movie. Honest, little boys, don't run!. But uhm, now we're going to spend 15 minutes on the girl whose the focus of the story. But I'll be back later, honest!'

annnndd we have a new brave trailer with a ton of new content!

Spoiler:
    loved the ending song! And the part where the bear follows her around does show it's not antagonistic. Cool stuff.

The ending part seems to imply at the kind of story brave is about too.
    Last edited by legumes; April 24th, 2012 at 08:13 AM.

Tempted. But avoiding like the plague. I know incredibly little at this point, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Still what, 2 months to go? June 22 right? Sigh.

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Tempted. But avoiding like the plague. I know incredibly little at this point, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Still what, 2 months to go? June 22 right? Sigh.
    Same here, and yep, June 22nd.

And of course I have a softball tournament that weekend, so I won't be going opening weekend. =_= At least I have a few movies coming out between now and then to keep me distracted. I don't how if I could last that long otherwise...

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

In other Pixar news, the studio announced some upcoming films for them at CinemaCon!

We already knew about:

Brave (this summer)
    Finding Nemo 3D re-release in theatres (this fall)
    Monsters University (Summer 2013)

Now we've got the actual name for their Summer 2014 movie, "The Good Dinosaur". This is being directed by Bob Peterson (who co-directed "Up") and is about a world where the dinosaurs never went extinct.

We've also got the theme for their 2015 film, directed by Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich and is going to be based around the Mexican holiday 'Dia de los Muertos'. Well. I'm sold.

They also got to see 30 minutes of this summer's Brave. Lucky bastiches....

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecky_Mo View Post
    We've also got the theme for their 2015 film, directed by Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich and is going to be based around the Mexican holiday 'Dia de los Muertos'. Well. I'm sold.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887

What about the one that takes place inside a girl's head? Was that one dropped?
    Last edited by Nobodyman; April 25th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Whimmy Wham Wham Wozzle! bountyhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    What about the one that takes place inside a girls' head? Was that one dropped?
    It's still on. Got pushed back to 2015, though.

i just discovered this series of videos on youtube

they're pretty great, post ur fav

Hi MF

Quote Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
    It's still on. Got pushed back to 2015, though.
    After the one of the dinosaurs?

Whimmy Wham Wham Wozzle! bountyhunter's Avatar

Yup, that one is currently slated for 2014.

They should have just actually called that one Untitled Pixar Film About Dinosaurs; it's infinitely more interesting than a bland title like The Good Dinosaur. I will applaud them for pushing the envelope for Disney-released films by using two words and a definite article.

Anyway, is it just me or are some of the ads for Brave bordering on Disney's usual level of utter incompetence rather than Pixar's usual high standard? That kilt business is actually making me more interested in Wreck-It Ralph than Brave if only because Disney's marketing department hasn't had a chance to wreck its chances yet.
    Complicating things since 2009.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information