+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixar movies

Default Re: Pixar movies

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecky_Mo View Post
    We've also got the theme for their 2015 film, directed by Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich and is going to be based around the Mexican holiday 'Dia de los Muertos'. Well. I'm sold.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887

What about the one that takes place inside a girl's head? Was that one dropped?

Whimmy Wham Wham Wozzle! bountyhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    What about the one that takes place inside a girls' head? Was that one dropped?
    It's still on. Got pushed back to 2015, though.

i just discovered this series of videos on youtube

they're pretty great, post ur fav

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
    It's still on. Got pushed back to 2015, though.
    After the one of the dinosaurs?

Whimmy Wham Wham Wozzle! bountyhunter's Avatar

Yup, that one is currently slated for 2014.

They should have just actually called that one Untitled Pixar Film About Dinosaurs; it's infinitely more interesting than a bland title like The Good Dinosaur. I will applaud them for pushing the envelope for Disney-released films by using two words and a definite article.

Anyway, is it just me or are some of the ads for Brave bordering on Disney's usual level of utter incompetence rather than Pixar's usual high standard? That kilt business is actually making me more interested in Wreck-It Ralph than Brave if only because Disney's marketing department hasn't had a chance to wreck its chances yet.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Not just you. The Bear and the Bow ads are terrible and are making me not want to see it... when I've been enthused about it for nearly two years now sight unseen based on the premise. There was a new? trailer in front of Avengers when I saw it, that made it look... ordinary. And boring. I'll still be there opening weekend, Pixar has earned that... but its track record, not commercials getting me there.

I *assume* they're only culling footage from the first 10 minutes, because everything shown so far all seems like setup, and all coming from the same scene or two, and they're hiding the good to surprise people, (I know the japanese trailer gave away a ton more and had a very different mood and atmosphere) but... if all that footage is from the first half hour or so? Yeah, trailers are not helping.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Same here. I have a hard time getting pumped up for the movie based on what I've seen so far. I know its pretty much only the first 20 minutes or half-hour, and the rest might be amazing, but it doesn't look all that impressive so far. Of course, I also thought How to Train Your Dragon also looked terrible from the trailers, so trailers aren't always a good indicator of how good a movie can be.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I *assume* they're only culling footage from the first 10 minutes, because everything shown so far all seems like setup, and all coming from the same scene or two, and they're hiding the good to surprise people, (I know the japanese trailer gave away a ton more and had a very different mood and atmosphere) but... if all that footage is from the first half hour or so? Yeah, trailers are not helping.
    I can understand not wanting to spoil major plot elements, but summarizing so much of the early film can be just as bad since it means that you have to sit through stuff that you have already seen dozens of times, but condensed down to the highlights. If the audience gets bored early on because they're waiting for something new, it's going to be really hard to win them over later.

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Good thing I haven't seen any recent trailers of it.
    Pixar themselves have probably realized by now that even intentionally bad trailers will not deter people from watching their films. They've built up an unshakable fanbase over the period of almost 2 decades.

4 new Brave clips!
    http://collider.com/brave-movie-clips/171288/

Spoiler:
    Fun stuff, as always. And all taken from the start of the film, so fairly spoiler-free.

And I'm calling it right now. Merida actually becomes friends with Lord MacGuffin's son, since he looks like an actual nice guy (who can snap a log in half, making him not a pansie). I dunno if Pixar will make them do a romance, but I'm fine with friends. Merida can learn not to take people at face value just because they're also being pawns of traditions.

TBH, most Pixar trailers haven't really made me want to see the movies. I've almost *always* thought to myself, "I can't figure out how the're making a story of this...but I just know they will and it'll be great".

Incidentally, going to be seeing the movie with a big group of people from an annual convention called Nerdtacular, should be fun

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Ugh. Got a big ol' Brave spoiler from a toy commercial. After not watching previews and trying to avoid stuff, just... a stupid toy commercial nonchalantly throws out "Oh, and this happens!"

With it just a week away, too. Laaame.

At least its something that had already been suspected, but... having it confirmed is... annoying. Oh well, its pixar, they'll surely have some other surprises.

What was the part?

I'm not even going to say it behind a tag, because its a biggie, unless I'm really mistaken.

But if a toy commercial for Brave comes on, turn it away as fast as you can.

Yeah, that happened to me a couple of weeks ago during Young Justice. Damnit Mattel.

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I'm not even going to say it behind a tag, because its a biggie, unless I'm really mistaken.

But if a toy commercial for Brave comes on, turn it away as fast as you can.
    Spoiler:
    Would this be the commercial for the Merida doll, with her three brothers as little 'accessories'?

If so? Yeah, we're in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecky_Mo View Post
    Spoiler:
    Would this be the commercial for the Merida doll, with her three brothers as little 'accessories'?

If so? Yeah, we're in the same boat.
    Yup. Again, speculation had already gone down that path, but...

Oh well, one more week to go.

Be glad you don't work at a bookstore. On May 25th, we got the Brave story books in, and some kids read the story out loud as I was working. So the entire story got revealed to me nearly a month before it came out.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information