+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixar movies

Default Re: General Pixar Thread

Possibly because 'A Bugs Life' is surprisingly a Pixar film. And people are ranking Pixar films.

I'll certainly be buying it on Blu-Ray when its out in a week or two and seeing how it goes. I do remember it being somewhat good when I saw it last....about 10+ years ago.

It had a sufficient plot, a few good characters, good animation and mediocre music. It's not a particularly amazing Pixar movie, but overall a good film. Its ending was too cliché, but that is pretty much all there is against it.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

For me.

Personal Favorite Tier:
    1. Incredibles
    2. Monster's Inc
    3. UP

Damn Good Movies Tier:
    4. Wall - E
    5. Toy Story 2
    6. Bug's Life
    7. Toy Story

Liked It, But Not As Much As Everyone Else Tier:
    8. Ratatouille

Ruined By Everyone Tier:
    9. Finding Nemo

Not A Fan Tier:
    10. Cars
    I haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    First you hate Iron Giant for being like a 50's monster movie... then Incredibles for being like baseball? Do you dislike Ratatouille for being too similar to Star Wars?
    How do you get superhero = baseball.
    I am the Great Peacemaker, and with the Five Nations' lords I plant the Tree of Great Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    How do you get superhero = baseball.
    Well, obviously the Incredibles family represents the batter and Syndrome represents the opposing team.

Mr. Incredible represents the strength needed to hit the ball as hard as you can. Dash represents the speed needed to run to each base. Elastigirl represents the flexibility needed to change directions at each base. And Violet represents the "shield" and "invisibility" you need to not get tagged out by the opposing team (Syndrome).

.........seriously, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    brad bird characters rule
    Truest thing said in the thread so far. The Dog is one of the greatest animated characters to come along in the last few decades.

[YOUTUBE]3U_hqEkk674[/YOUTUBE]
    Complicating things since 2009.

There was a hell of a lot of talent working on that short.

Spielberg produced it, Tim Burton did the character designs, Bird wrote, directed, and voiced the dog. The Dad is Stan Freberg, The Mom is Annie Potts, and, of course, Little Billy is played by Scott Menville. Looking at the list of animators, there's at least four of them with feature film director credits and a couple more with television credits.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

First you hate Iron Giant for being like a 50's monster movie... then Incredibles for being like baseball? Do you dislike Ratatouille for being too similar to Star Wars?
    Let me put it this way.

When I first saw Iron Giant, my impression of Bird was he was an Akira Toriyama.

Now I know him to be an Eiichiro Oda.

Of sorts.

I like what he does, but the truth that he didn't invent the conventions he so proudly marched in his movies has hampered my enjoyment of them, and lowered my opinion of the people who take a blind-eye to it.

It probably wouldn't be the case if I knew Iron Giant was a homage in the first place, but if that was the case I don't think it would have been as spell-binding to me when I first saw it.

Kind of appropriate coincidence a baseball analogy was worked into this, 'cause we could always bring up the steroids scandals...
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek;
    I like what he does, but the truth that he didn't invent the conventions he so proudly marched in his movies has hampered my enjoyment of them, and lowered my opinion of the people who take a blind-eye to it.
    Sorry if the man didn't INVENT giant monsters or superheroes and that somehow takes away from it for you.

Kind of appropriate coincidence a baseball analogy was worked into this,
    That's not a coincidence at all! YOU brought up the baseball analogy! And you still didn't explain it!

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

That's not a coincidence at all! YOU brought up the baseball analogy! And you still didn't explain it!
    Man, you're expecting logic out of somebody who just said that Oda is less inventive than Akira Toriyama because he... hell, I don't know. Hasn't created a completely new genre to replace the one Toriyama didn't create either? Didn't base his most successful series on Journey Into the West?

At this point, it's best to think of Terek's posts as an exercise in Dadaism and move on.

What the fuck does "inventing" even mean in storytelling?

Did the producers of King Kong invent giant monsters?
    Did J.R.R. Tolkien invent fantasy?
    Did Stephen King invent horror?
    Did Stan Lee invent superheroes?
    Did Shakespeare invent comedy and tragedy?

Went to a pixar presentation at Tx A&M about TS3

Talked to a TD who is working on The Brave. He couldn't talk about it though

oh how I wanted to hop into his brain and read his thoughts
    Hi MF

Re-watching Toy Story. It's still amazing but looks kinda out-dated graphically compared to the new one, which is even more noticeable on the Blu-Ray. Still so many scenes I love and can appreciate a lot more on here tho.

The Reg on the number plate on Andy Mom's car is A113. Which is the same code as the one for Auto in Wall-E XD

I love all of the little easter eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    Rating Pixar's productions is tough, as everyone of them is quite good.
    Yeah, same here. I think Toy Story 3 would have to be my favourite, whereas Cars and A Bug's Life were their weakest efforts, (not bad by any means, just not as great as their other stuff) but all the other ones in between? No idea. They were all great.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

My favorites are The Incredibles and Ratatouille, but really, just about every Pixar movie is great. My least-favorites are probably Cars and A Bug's Life, but they're both very, very good movies. And Toy Story is probably the most consistent trilogy, ever (paraphrasing an above post). Now that Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Spider-Man were ruined by their most recent films, the only other film trilogy that comes close is Back to the Future.

Re-watching Toy Story. It's still amazing but looks kinda out-dated graphically compared to the new one, which is even more noticeable on the Blu-Ray. Still so many scenes I love and can appreciate a lot more on here th
    lol yeah, the old models are like read only files compared to the new ones
    Hi MF

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    lol yeah, the old models are like read only files compared to the new ones
    Yeah. But some of the animated scenes are just more impressive than say in Toy Story 2. I love the bits like the Toys in Sids Room, The last 10 mins and the Woody vs Buzz Fight cus they just look amazing with the movements. Rewatching Toy Story 2 atm (3 just plopped through the door so that's next.) and while it is graphically better the scenes just don't feel as imprrssive and zany

I think I'm late to this thread, but my list anyway:

1. Toy Story 3
    2. Ratatouille - such a beautiful movie.
    3. Toy Story 1 & Finding Nemo (tie)
    4. Monsters Inc.
    5. Toy Story 2
    6. Bug's Life
    7. Up - some parts of the plot really threw me off.
    8. Cars
    9. The Incredibles

I never got to watch Wall-E. The Incredibles never really sank in for me, for some reason.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    The Reg on the number plate on Andy Mom's car is A113. Which is the same code as the one for Auto in Wall-E XD
    That actually makes it into all the Pixar films, and ton of Disney ones too. Its the classroom number used by character animation students at the California Institute.

The Pizza Planet truck also makes it into every film.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

That actually makes it into all the Pixar films, and ton of Disney ones too. Its the classroom number used by character animation students at the California Institute.

The Pizza Planet truck also makes it into every film.
    Doesn't the star ball make it into some of them too? I remember it in a couple.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information