Closed Thread
Page 2 of 680 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: Confession Session

Default Re: Confession Session

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara_no_Ice View Post
    Since when were catholics NOT christians??
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Ever since one side didn't offer wine in church.
    Christians are people who believe Jesus Christ was Son of God. Catholics, Protestant, Orthodox or whatever they are all Cristians. Know your enemy! :)

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    Christians are people who believe Jesus Christ was Son of God. Catholics, Protestant, Orthodox or whatever they are all Cristians. Know your enemy! :)
    So Jenovah's Witness aren't Christians? I always thought they were...

I think they do belive Jesus is the Son of God. They just don't think this makes Jesus a part of God. It's the trinity that they don't belive in.

The little grey box in the middle of the text.
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/ti/article_05.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Mokenda_mint View Post
    I agree thoroughly with BusterCall, I believe blankets should be used in public if a woman chooses to breastfeed. I know I myself do not have any desire to see breasts flopped out at me when I walk into a room or building. At home when no one is around, or at least only people who are unfazed by it (husband/boyfriend, certain family members, etc) , then it would be most appropriate to do without the blanket. Curteousy to strangers, friends, and other relatives should be exhibited in public though.

However at the same time, to save embarrassment/hurt in certain situations (such as the incident described by Smudge) I think it would be much better for women in extremely public locations to have used the pump prior to leaving home and made bottles for the baby. Then the possible jerks surrounding them won't have much to bitch about.
    See, the problem with this Mokenda, is that sometimes you are caught in an unexpected situation where you just don't have the blankie--something takes far longer than you expected, the baby starts a growth spurt and is starving at an unexpected moment, etc. So there are some times when a woman will be caught without a blankie, and we ought to be understanding and couteous of that, just as she ought to be understanding and couteous of the discomfort of someone else when they view a woman breastfeeding in a public place and do what is possible to make it descreet. I guess I'm just advocating for everyone to stop assuming the worst possbile motives for other people all the time--which seems to be the popular trend--and gives people the sense of self-righteous anger that allows them to ream a stranger out in public. Mutual respect and courtesy, you know?

As for using a pump and a bottle--for one thing, electric pumps are extemely expensive, and most cannot afford them, while hand pumps just don't work for most people. ( I never had much luck with them.) Also, there is a thing called "nipple confusion," especially with very young babies. It's actually, in my humble opinion, a misnomer, in that the baby isn't "confused" so much as just interested in getting the food in his tummy the fastest and easier way possible. Breastfeeding requires some effort on the part of the baby--the babe must suck fairly hard using slightly different muscles, iirc (compared to a bottle) to get sustenance--(and this helps develop the muscles in and around the mouth and tongue which aids in language development and eating etc as the child grows)--whereas using a bottle requires very little power on the part of the baby, as the milk practically flows out on it's own. Some babies will refuse the breast after getting a bottle, and most parents will give in to a hysterical, hungry baby (as well they ought, lol) thus cementing the baby's choice for the bottle. Then there are the problems associated with spoiled milk (to be expected if you're out far longer than you intended, perhaps), getting the milk to the right temperature, leaking bottles, and the issues associated with plastic touching food to begin with, none of which is ever an issue with breast milk. Long story short, most breastfeeding experts suggest not ever using a bottle IF you can avoid it (which most working mothers cannot). The troubles associated with pumping are in large part responsible for the short amount of time most working mothers choose to breasfeed, btw. It really is a total PITA. Breastfeeding is easy and convenient otherwise.
    Last edited by I survived the buster call; November 21st, 2010 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLuigi View Post
    So Jenovah's Witness aren't Christians? I always thought they were...
    NO no no no no. DX. Jehovah Witnesses don't celebrate any holidays!! They don't smoke or gamble! Christians and Jehovah Witnesses are totally different. They even have a name for God. >.>
    (I know this because my mom is a Jehovah Witness)

Awesome Koala by Heart~

[YOUTUBE]zdDPjorVTUQ[/YOUTUBE]

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

Sky, you need to check up "christian" in the dictionary, cause I don't think you know what it means.
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Once I met this guy in Reno.

Then I killed him just to watch him die.

You forgot to mention the part about dying .

The "Religion and Breastfeeding Thread"?

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    The "Religion and Breastfeeding Thread"?
    Well, people gotta take something "to heart."

honk honk<-foxes say this Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

I totally get it.

I confess to being an alcoholic racecar driver.

Write something, Dammit! Rogues' Gallery's Avatar

I confess to spending the last past two hours watching Mike Myer's The Cat In The Hat out of boredom.

It figuratively raped the intelligence out of my brain cells.

I have never before been filled with such regret over lost time.

Why , is it so bad ?

And what is it anyway ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    I totally get it.

I confess to being an alcoholic racecar driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.333 View Post
    I confess to spending the last past two hours watching Mike Myer's The Cat In The Hat out of boredom.

It figuratively raped the intelligence out of my brain cells.

I have never before been filled with such regret over lost time.
    Right....but what does that have to do with Religion and/or breastfeeding?

Quote Originally Posted by I survived the buster call View Post
    Well, people gotta take something "to heart."
    I get it!

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Why , is it so bad ?
    I haven't seen that movie in years. But I thought I enjoyed it when I was younger. So, I second this question.
    Last edited by Badass SnoCone; November 21st, 2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: even though it has nothing to do with religion or breastfeeding...

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

When I see chickens, I act like Ed from Ed, Edd and Eddy, complete with the dopey "ayhuh huh huh, huh huh huh!" laugh. I don't hug the chickens though, but I want to. They're fluffy. :)
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

But wouldn't the bastards peck at you if you did ? ;)

I have a habit of sucking my thumb. IDK.
    Unintentionally keeping everyone at a distance.

Even if you're caught without a blanket in public with a starving baby, there's always a bathroom stall. That's what I'll do, but most likely won't need to because I like the idea of the pumps. As disturbing as that is, my impatient bastard self also finds it extremely irritating the times I've been out with a breast-feeding lady and they had to stop for 15 minutes 3 times during the outing to feed their kid. I'm not gonna be that lady.

The only weird confession I can think of is I still sleep with one of my stuffed animals on the bed (I've never really fell asleep with one in a death clutch, I just like them on the bed), don't need it anymore, it's more out of habit.

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

This is all new to me. I was never aware that women in America took extra steps when it came to breastfeeding in public. Back at home, we took it as an everyday thing. And to think mothers usually have enough to deal with already.

Closed Thread

Thread Information