Closed Thread
Page 229 of 704 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 329 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 14070

Thread: Confession Session

Default Re: Confession Session

Saved By the Bell is terrible lol. Seriously give it a rewatch,

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Saved By the Bell is terrible lol. Seriously give it a rewatch,
    I tried to ninja edit a qualifier in there after I remembered how much I hated that show, I changed suck level to major suck level lol. It sucks but I still find it much more tolerable than the shit that emulates that style nowadays. I literally didn't start noticing laughing tracks until I saw present-day crap, you watch ten minutes and it's ridiculous how noticeable the laugh track becomes on these shows due to the one liner spam.

Oh god, I can't even watch those kinds of things for two minutes. I don't know why, but they scare me. Is this what teens think as a good way of life or something? Why can't I understand it? Is it my fault?

Then, I turn off the TV and do something else. So yeah... I'd rather watch good cartoon even though kids at my age certainly think it's immature to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I have to confess.

I really have the urge to take the last 30 or so posts and move them into the Naruto thread.

That thread should be about nostalgia and awesome cartoons.

I miss the old days where things were awesome.

But its not. Its just a terrible thread now. Even combined with Bleach it can't remain interesting.

Of course, it was terrible before. Just in different ways.
    How can you call a thread with Komamura singing a terrible thread

Yo no comprende

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Maybe it's just because I'm a relative newbie, but I fucking love the bleach thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    How can you call a thread with Komamura singing a terrible thread

Yo no comprende
    That thread was great from August 2010 to early 2011, after that it just got played out. Then the repetition began and it was literally the same cycle of memes, random nostalgia interspersed with the occasional gangrape of Juju with the same Anti-Naruto + Pro-Naruto arguments. Lol it became the Deja Vu thread.

Edit: Got my dates confused, the thread was good from mid 09 to early-mid 2010. Then it was a slow decline in quality from there on out.
    Last edited by HaxeyeMihawk; May 4th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.

I will be the new life of the bleach thread

Quote Originally Posted by HaxeyeMihawk View Post
    Kids these days have nothing but lousy soulless cartoons followed by lousy preteen-teen slice of life sitcoms filled with nothing but cliche plots and groan inducing one liners.
    Dude. Personally, I find this statement wrong. It's not all bad.

I was watching through some Phineas and Ferb episodes on Netflix and I consider this generation lucky to have something this good. That, and there's so much more. Maybe you are just looking at things on the surface without giving any of it a chance. Or maybe you are just another old timer that's bent on nostagiga and does not really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post

I was watching through some Phineas and Ferb episodes on Netflix and I consider this generation lucky to have something this good. That, and there's so much more. Maybe you are just looking at things on the surface without giving any of it a chance. Or maybe you are just another old timer that's bent on nostagiga and does not really care.
    I agree. There are good ones out there, it's just that since there's much more shows than back in the 90s (I guess), they're harder to find.

I, for one, really miss my childhood. I was much better off socially, it seems like I was never sad (except for when my uncle died), school was super easy, and all I did was play games, watch TV/movies and hang out with family and friends. Now I rarely talk, school always bugs me and I'm frequently bored. Also, I think I'm getting slightly depressed and frustrated at the way I've become and how my life is going at the moment. Man, I really need to change my outlook on things.
    Last edited by Manny; May 4th, 2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: I know everyone's talking about the 90s, but this is how I feel.
    Unintentionally keeping everyone at a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mono631 View Post
    I, for one, really miss my childhood. I was much better socially, it seems like I was never sad (except for when my uncle died), school was super easy, and all I did was play games, watch TV/movies and hang out with family and friends. Now I rarely talk, school always bugs me and I'm frequently bored. Also, I think I'm getting slightly depressed and frustrated at the way I've become and how my life is going at the moment. Man, I really need to change my outlook on things.
    I sort of feel the same.
    When I was a little child, I was so careless and everything seemed simple and bright even though it wasn't. As I grew, I started to realize something's wrong. Things happening around me, the people, they all started to look completely different.
    Only a few years ago I realized how I can't seem to understand kids at my age. Their dreams, their opinions, their view on things are so alien to me even now. I guessed time will help and I'll be just like them, but that's not what happened.
    Also, it took me many years to finally realize how messed up my family is. At least, compared to the picture I had when I was younger. I still feel envy whenever I meet see a dad that is kind and caring. Just like in my dreams. My grandparents don't love me as much as they love my brother and it's constantly stopping me from getting close to them.

I'll stop now. All I can say is that yes, I was kind of happier as a kid, but I paid a certain price which I only found out about years after.

If Phineas and Ferb is live action then those are the most fucked up heads since Freaks.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    I sort of feel the same.
    When I was a little child, I was so careless and everything seemed simple and bright even though it wasn't. As I grew, I started to realize something's wrong. Things happening around me, the people, they all started to look completely different.
    Only a few years ago I realized how I can't seem to understand kids at my age. Their dreams, their opinions, their view on things are so alien to me even now. I guessed time will help and I'll be just like them, but that's not what happened.
    Also, it took me many years to finally realize how messed up my family is. At least, compared to the picture I had when I was younger. I still feel envy whenever I meet see a dad that is kind and caring. Just like in my dreams. My grandparents don't love me as much as they love my brother and it's constantly stopping me from getting close to them.

I'll stop now. All I can say is that yes, I was kind of happier as a kid, but I paid a certain price which I only found out about years after.
    I guess I went though that phase. Some folks aren't cut out for the teenage years. Not that most people enjoy them THAT much.

Anyway they...END and stuff.

I guess I went though that phase. Some folks aren't cut out for the teenage years. Not that most people enjoy them THAT much.

Anyway they...END and stuff.
    I wait for the day when I can finally say it is over. Maybe I'll find my place then.

Laca, I don't know if that helps you or if you even want help but.. Just know I can feel ya. I had lots of similar experiences you had to witness. Just that the whole shit started for me back in 1994 when I was 5... But I still love the 90ies. Well, my mum did pretty well in trying to hide the abusive men from me. Not that she was entirely sucessfull, hell, that one of them actually sexually abused me over weeks (or months?), she only found out when I told her when I was 16, lol. But yeah, besides that and some other stuff she did very well to keep me save from them and to deal with that shit without draggin me in.
    So yeah, all I wanted to say, I can understand your pain and why you love the 90. Don't ever forget that you are not the person that you were. And that things now are only as bad as you make them. Eh, I don't mean that the shit you went trough wasn't bad but.. I just want to tell you to keep your head up and not let the world drag you down, no matter how hard it tries to do so. You are stronger.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

If Phineas and Ferb is live action then those are the most fucked up heads since Freaks.
    Keyword: If

Now excuse me as I rid that thought from my imagination forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    I wait for the day when I can finally say it is over. Maybe I'll find my place then.
    That's generally how it works for like everyone so I wouldn't worry. It won't just END mind you, but you find a home and a place.

Feel sorry for the current popular types at school. It's them that see their glory days come to an end when life actually starts. Like in the Billy Joel song, Scenes From an Italian Restauraunt, the part about Brenda and Eddie.
    I remember recently I saw one of the top dudes at my high school walk into a 7-11 I was also in. Dude had gained like 50 pounds and seemed sheepish when he saw me lol.
    Not that I was like unpopular per say. I never had a crowd in high school. I fluttered around the edges of all the other crowds, people all seemed to like me. But no one really let me in to any circles either.
    So I do know what you're going through, and I assure you it changes. It can be a very HARD change too might I add. But don't give up.

Keyword: If

Now excuse me as I rid that thought from my imagination forever.
    Actually, they are making a live-action Phineas and Ferb movie.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73121

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Actually, they are making a live-action Phineas and Ferb movie.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73121
    Fu ck

Fu ck
    Actually, it might just be cartoon Phineas and Ferb interacting with other live-action characters, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Like a 4th wall breaking type of movie? Not sure if I'd like that either.
    Then agian, I haven't really seen Roger Rabbit and I heard that was good.

Every good tv show starts to suck when a movie is made.

Closed Thread

Thread Information