Closed Thread
Page 229 of 705 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 329 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 14087

Thread: Confession Session

Default Re: Confession Session

I don't want my childhood back.

At best it was a series of cautious optimism and at worst it was disappointment and confusion

I never even got to watch Toonami

Where is my american dream

Depraved Prince of AP Monkey King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BartArt View Post
    The thing is, I think the 90's thing is just due to us being the major force on the internet. I mean we're the first generation that grew up with it. I imagine the same would have happened with any other generation had they had such a strong influence over some medium (especially one like the internet where you can literally post the nostalgia in someone's face)
    Yet as 00's teenagers we don't do the same for those times.
    No, I objectively think the 90's owned for children.
    And there's reasons for that you know, it was the Echo Boom for kids being born. So there was a lot more kids than there had been since the Boomers themselves had been kids. And so there was a lot of stuff clearly aimed for us.

Too bad the same can't be said for our job market prospects! Yow! im here all night fokes

I have to confess.

I really have the urge to take the last 30 or so posts and move them into the Naruto thread.

That thread should be about nostalgia and awesome cartoons.

I miss the old days where things were awesome.

But its not. Its just a terrible thread now. Even combined with Bleach it can't remain interesting.

Of course, it was terrible before. Just in different ways.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

I came here to ITS NO USE Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

It may have been terrible but it was our terrible.

There was a period of about six months where it was perfect. And I'm reminded of it every single damn time I hear "Don't Stop Believing". (its been what, a little over 2 years now?)

Then an influx of new posters gradually destroyed the balance. Not their fault, but they didn't understand how it had gotten to where it was. And when all you saw was the end result, you jumped to assumptions and made it worse.

Also. the 80's was pretty cool too, but the 90's had better cartoons and the internet.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

the 90's didnt have the internet rely to the end, i dont realy associate that with being a 90's kid
    90's computer meant wolfenstein 3d, tie fighter, and math munchers

i also like how 80's and 90's kids shows accurately reflected the music of the times ahah
    like in the 80's this was the market approved theme song

and in the 90's this was

thnx nirvana for our snarky gen x smart kids shows i guess

Pete & Pete was shot at our high school and in the town over so for me, even moreso.

90's were something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

set in new york, shot in new jersey, with a theme song from a connecticut band

tri-state presents Pete and Pete

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

it is an accurate portrayl of the new york suburbs

My god yes, the 90s... Just take a look at what children have to watch today compared to what cartoons we had. I grew up on Captain Planet, Mighty Max, Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons, Duck Tales, Pokemon, etc. Kids these days have nothing but lousy soulless cartoons followed by lousy preteen-teen slice of life sitcoms filled with nothing but cliche plots and groan inducing one liners.

I think a major suckage of 00's and 10's kids TV is the onslaught of smarmy pre-teen live action Disney garbage that went on to infect Nickelodeon and even for some reason Cartoon Network.

However the horrible truth is that this is the 90's fault. And maybe even our generation. That shit started in the late 90's, and it was right around the time we were becoming pre-teens/middle schoolers ourselves. We got it started, grew up, and our younger cousins/siblings inherited it and it became the defining standard of their days...

What...what have we done.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I think a major suckage of 00's and 10's kids TV is the onslaught of smarmy pre-teen live action Disney garbage that went on to infect Nickelodeon and even for some reason Cartoon Network.

However the horrible truth is that this is the 90's fault. And maybe even our generation. That shit started in the late 90's, and it was right around the time we were becoming pre-teens/middle schoolers ourselves. We got it started, grew up, and our younger cousins/siblings inherited it and it became the defining standard of their days...

What...what have we done.
    That's the preteen-teen slice of life sitcom garbage I mentioned, but even if we started it compare shows such as: Boy Meets World, Blossom, and Saved By the Bell to Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, etc. I mean I was never a fan of this style of tv but it didn't get to the major suck level until it blew up as an epidemic on Disney channel and Nickelodeon. "Good God..." is all I can think.

Saved By the Bell is terrible lol. Seriously give it a rewatch,

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Saved By the Bell is terrible lol. Seriously give it a rewatch,
    I tried to ninja edit a qualifier in there after I remembered how much I hated that show, I changed suck level to major suck level lol. It sucks but I still find it much more tolerable than the shit that emulates that style nowadays. I literally didn't start noticing laughing tracks until I saw present-day crap, you watch ten minutes and it's ridiculous how noticeable the laugh track becomes on these shows due to the one liner spam.

Oh god, I can't even watch those kinds of things for two minutes. I don't know why, but they scare me. Is this what teens think as a good way of life or something? Why can't I understand it? Is it my fault?

Then, I turn off the TV and do something else. So yeah... I'd rather watch good cartoon even though kids at my age certainly think it's immature to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I have to confess.

I really have the urge to take the last 30 or so posts and move them into the Naruto thread.

That thread should be about nostalgia and awesome cartoons.

I miss the old days where things were awesome.

But its not. Its just a terrible thread now. Even combined with Bleach it can't remain interesting.

Of course, it was terrible before. Just in different ways.
    How can you call a thread with Komamura singing a terrible thread

Yo no comprende

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Maybe it's just because I'm a relative newbie, but I fucking love the bleach thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    How can you call a thread with Komamura singing a terrible thread

Yo no comprende
    That thread was great from August 2010 to early 2011, after that it just got played out. Then the repetition began and it was literally the same cycle of memes, random nostalgia interspersed with the occasional gangrape of Juju with the same Anti-Naruto + Pro-Naruto arguments. Lol it became the Deja Vu thread.

Edit: Got my dates confused, the thread was good from mid 09 to early-mid 2010. Then it was a slow decline in quality from there on out.
    Last edited by HaxeyeMihawk; May 4th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.

I will be the new life of the bleach thread

Quote Originally Posted by HaxeyeMihawk View Post
    Kids these days have nothing but lousy soulless cartoons followed by lousy preteen-teen slice of life sitcoms filled with nothing but cliche plots and groan inducing one liners.
    Dude. Personally, I find this statement wrong. It's not all bad.

I was watching through some Phineas and Ferb episodes on Netflix and I consider this generation lucky to have something this good. That, and there's so much more. Maybe you are just looking at things on the surface without giving any of it a chance. Or maybe you are just another old timer that's bent on nostagiga and does not really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Dude. Personally, I find this statement wrong. It's not all bad.

I was watching through some Phineas and Ferb episodes on Netflix and I consider this generation lucky to have something this good. That, and there's so much more. Maybe you are just looking at things on the surface without giving any of it a chance. Or maybe you are just another old timer that's bent on nostagiga and does not really care.
    I agree. There are good ones out there, it's just that since there's much more shows than back in the 90s (I guess), they're harder to find.

I, for one, really miss my childhood. I was much better off socially, it seems like I was never sad (except for when my uncle died), school was super easy, and all I did was play games, watch TV/movies and hang out with family and friends. Now I rarely talk, school always bugs me and I'm frequently bored. Also, I think I'm getting slightly depressed and frustrated at the way I've become and how my life is going at the moment. Man, I really need to change my outlook on things.
    Last edited by Manny; May 4th, 2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: I know everyone's talking about the 90s, but this is how I feel.
    Unintentionally keeping everyone at a distance.

Closed Thread

Thread Information