Closed Thread
Page 51 of 680 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 13594

Thread: Confession Session

Default Re: Confession Session

*Sees topic is about self-esteem*
    Guess I'm late to the party.
    Basically, Chrissie and Jerk both got it down pat, but I can add some of my own personal experience.
    Frankly, if you have low self-esteem, you're not going to put yourself out there. And if you're not going to put yourself out there, you're likely to be ignored and your self-esteem will plummet further. It's a vicious cycle.
    As some of you know, I nearly had a break down once because being alone started to bother me (A LOT), so I had to make a decision: Ask out this girl I know has an interest in me, despite the fact that I never thought I had anything to offer her, or just stay alone.
    I finally did, and it was the fucking hardest thing to do.
    Regardless of what happened afterwards, she said yes (though I'm still kind of grinding my teeth about how she had to force it out me. What? I'm a lazy bastard. You should know that.)
    You wouldn't believe what that can do for you, to know that someone else thinks more highly of you than you do of yourself. Makes you think 'Hey, maybe I'm not such a bad person after all.'
    And once you have that mindset, looking down on yourself is going to start looking more and more like a stupid idea. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my self-image issues, but as a guy who has benefited from thinking that I might not be such a bad person to hang around with, I can say that the more you start focusing on how worthless you aren't and more on what you have that other people might not have, the easier it will be not to fall into that same trap cycle again (just don't become an arrogant ass in the process, m'kay?)
    Also, I too feel slightly guilty for going on looks, but only because I feel that I should really get to know a person before I try anything (before, I was way too cautious), but being attracted is just what us humans do, and sometimes you just need to tell yourself that over and over so that you won't have that big a hang up about it.
    ...I totally forgot where I was going with this, so I hope you got something out of this.
    EDIT: @MDL: Yeah, if you want Chrissie to want you more, you're going to have to stay out of reach for a while. Because when she finally catches you, she'll be all the more desperate.
    *BAM*
    *Thud*
    *Silence*
    Last edited by ChesCa; January 22nd, 2011 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the Dark View Post
    Yeah, if you want Chrissie to want you more, you're going to have to stay out of reach for a while. Because when she finally catches you, she'll be all the more desperate.
    but she said that she's not a very good hunter, so who knows how long it would take if i don't give myself up? D:

I'd like to do some karaoke at some point in my life.

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    I'd like to do some karaoke at some point in my life.
    It's Saturday night nigga, the time is now.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

I wouldn't know where to go and plus I'm too lazy .

Then you'll never do it!!!
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

i'm usually too socially awkward and shy to have the balls to get up and dance & sing...

UNTIL i have a couple of drinks.

the party version of me only comes out when i'm merry.
    but when it does come out, i have a great time. it's totally worth it.

Karaoke is easily one of the best group experiences you can do with friends. However, there is a sort of unique experience you can do with friends of friends in a group.

One time I went in a large group for a karaoke night and was randomly chosen to do a duet with some guy in our group I didn't know (like a cousin of an acquantance or something). He picked to do System Of A Down's Chop Suey and threw me the mic.

Was it a good song to do karaoke? Hell no.

Could either of us sing? Not to save our lives.

Was it incredibly fun? Yes. Very yes. I'd strongly recommend someone do karaoke at least once in their lives.

lol @ the imagery of the two of you throwing the "father!" bridge back and forth. XD

Oh it got interesting when we started going on about how angels deserve to die when one of the chaparones was a strict christian priest. He wasn't pleased to say the least.

But it was all totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE
    And the desperate awkwardness born of low-self esteem is as much a turn off. The only guys into that are creepy fucks who want girls they can walk all over. And the girls who want that have shitty self esteem and settle for anything.
    Guess I should be ashamed of myself then for feeling attracted to this kind of girl. (Low self-esteem, that is). Though I will at least defend myself and say that I don't walk all over people. My last girlfriend had virtually no self-esteem and still managed to walk all over me. If I ever did something wrong, I had to apologize. And if she ever did something wrong, I had to apologize. Ended up following her lead a lot too despite knowing that it was a stupid idea most of the time.

I ended up with a bad combination, she had no self-esteem and made stupid decisions so if I tried reasoning with her logically and telling her that she was making stupid choices she would get pissed off because I'm either a) always right or b) she felt like it was my responsibility to respect her decisions because no one else did and I was going out with her. At the beginning of the relationship she was really passive too so I know she either was keeping her confidence from me or I'm just damn good at instilling confidence.

I did everything for that girl and was glad to. But... it still wasn't enough. And I'm very confident when I say that I wasn't a shitty boyfriend either. I always made a conscience effort to respect her and never become overbearing or pushy because I knew she had self-esteem issues and was easily influenced.

Oh well.~
    Last edited by Jazzy Jinx; January 23rd, 2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Honestly, I think there should be some kind of balance: you should feel confident but not like you own the world.

the answer is synthetic. zachri's Avatar

My Self Esteem = Non-Existent.

Seriously. I get so freaking nervous it's terrible. I almost panicked on my mock interview (which I did shit in, and it was on my birthday as well. nice present thanks...)

As for talking to him? I've spoken to him a few times, but I find it hard to make eye contact or talk with anyone who I'm not confident with talking to. I'm always worried that I'll say something stupid or wrong. My words always get muddled up, and whether that's down to having to relearn how to speak at three because of a tongue operation or down to nerves, I don't know but it's still a pain.

Another confession
    Hidden:
    If someone is talking about something gorey and/or it's very hot in the room, I have to leave D'X
    cause I'm so damn paranoid and can't stand the heat, it makes me pass out. it's not fun. 15 and passed out three times within a year? defo not normal but it ain't epilepsy .___.
    oh well. hopefully it's just hormones and it'll die down eventually...
    that's why I can't stand things like Resident Evil and Happy Tree Friends and all those 'Scary Movies' and 'Disaster Movies' n stuff like that...
    ...yet I'm fine with Deadman Wonderland and Team Fortress 2. WHATTHESHIT.

Thou shalt be ended in the name of the League of zachri and the Lawfare army.

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    Hidden:
    If someone is talking about something gorey and/or it's very hot in the room, I have to leave D'X
    cause I'm so damn paranoid and can't stand the heat, it makes me pass out. it's not fun. 15 and passed out three times within a year? defo not normal but it ain't epilepsy .___.
    that's why I can't stand things like Resident Evil and Happy Tree Friends and all those 'Scary Movies' and 'Disaster Movies' n stuff like that...
    I have that problem. Infact a few months ago, on World AIDS day, our school did a special assembly - but they took the chairs away cus the room was needed for a PE exam right after. Not to mention we wear thick blazers, it was really hot that day in there. The Biology Teacher goes up and talks about people with AIDs, getting raped, diseased blood etcetera.

It's like the only time in my life I've ever felt like that. I dunno if that's what passing out actually is, but my vision started going all yellow and fuzzy, no matter how hard I tried to stop it. My hearing went out and I couldn't keep my eyes open. I almost involuntarily went unconscious I think, but I had to walk out of the assembly door so all the teachers saw me as they sit at the back along the door walls. And it wasn't taken as much, I didn't get annoyed or teased for it but it was personally, one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

I've never been good with Blood or those kind of things.

5 others actually fainted . BUT HE STILL CONTINUED.
    Last edited by Flux; January 23rd, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    My Self Esteem = Non-Existent.

Seriously. I get so freaking nervous it's terrible. I almost panicked on my mock interview (which I did shit in, and it was on my birthday as well. nice present thanks...)

As for talking to him? I've spoken to him a few times, but I find it hard to make eye contact or talk with anyone who I'm not confident with talking to. I'm always worried that I'll say something stupid or wrong. My words always get muddled up, and whether that's down to having to relearn how to speak at three because of a tongue operation or down to nerves, I don't know but it's still a pain.

Another confession
    Hidden:
    Eye contact is pretty hard for me too. I guess we will outgrow it someday.
    And don't be afraid to make mistakes. I mean when I say something stupid (mix up words etc.) there's one second of awkward silence then we start to laugh. Most of the time it comes out something like this: "The window jumped out of the cat" "What?" "Why, what did I say?" "You said the window jumped out of the cat" "Wha? For real" and we laugh.
    You can't say anything too bad, so just go ahead and talk.

About that. It's pretty strange in my case. I can't stand horror movies but I love horror games. Even books.
    Well, maybe it'll die down. Don't worry about it. And if you pass out, then there's always somebody who can help, isn't there? I hope it's not too serious. Passing out isn't fun at all.

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

you'll never get a good job if you can't make eye contact. I hate talking to people who can't look me in the damn eye. I'm not trying to have a staring contest with you, but for christ sakes, look at me like I exist. There was this one girl I knew who always wanted to talk to me in high school (she was crushin' on me) but she could rarely ever look me in the eyes. Whenever she wouldn't I'd just stop talking until she finally looked at me, then started speaking again.

Now she works at McDonalds.

I'm not that shy or insecure but I hate eye contact, too. It's not like I look away for an entire conversation but I feel awkward if I keep looking someone in the eye more than 80% of the time.

@eerie
    I bet if she wouldn't have had that issue she'd be a successful lawyer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post

About that. It's pretty strange in my case. I can't stand horror movies but I love horror games. Even books.
    If so I can recomend a ton of fantastic , public domain (read free) , obscure and mostly great stuff.

I'm bad at eye contact, but I think a part of it has to do with Conciousness.

I feel awkward looking people directly in the eyes, like in assemblies etc, cus I get the feeling they're looking at me and that makes me feel nervous. But there was this one time when I was extremely tired and I just didn't give a fuck. Presumably I wasn't as self-concious because I wasn't very conscious.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kenny View Post
    Guess I should be ashamed of myself then for feeling attracted to this kind of girl. (Low self-esteem, that is). Though I will at least defend myself and say that I don't walk all over people. My last girlfriend had virtually no self-esteem and still managed to walk all over me. If I ever did something wrong, I had to apologize. And if she ever did something wrong, I had to apologize. Ended up following her lead a lot too despite knowing that it was a stupid idea most of the time.

I ended up with a bad combination, she had no self-esteem and made stupid decisions so if I tried reasoning with her logically and telling her that she was making stupid choices she would get pissed off because I'm either a) always right or b) she felt like it was my responsibility to respect her decisions because no one else did and I was going out with her. At the beginning of the relationship she was really passive too so I know she either was keeping her confidence from me or I'm just damn good at instilling confidence.

I did everything for that girl and was glad to. But... it still wasn't enough. And I'm very confident when I say that I wasn't a shitty boyfriend either. I always made a conscience effort to respect her and never become overbearing or pushy because I knew she had self-esteem issues and was easily influenced.

Oh well.~
    She sounds like a shitheel and you shouldn't have put up with that.
    And that sounds like a bad relationship in every sense.

And I wouldn't worry about "wanting a low self esteen girl" because it's pretty clear you had lower self esteem and she was using that.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    If so I can recomend a ton of fantastic , public domain (read free) , obscure and mostly great stuff.
    Hm... I'm interested. Send me a pm.

Closed Thread

Thread Information