+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 333

Thread: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

  1. #41

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    Nickelback

    barf

  2. #42
    President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Huxley U.

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    The entire genre of Nu-Metal.
    "Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children." - Wampanoag proverb

  3. #43

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    This thread is hilarious.

    I personally like Gia Secundo AMV's though he overuses Dragonforce.
    Glad you bought him up. Even though he has a bad AMV here and there, he's probally the only guy that has me watching AMVs in the first place. You see the thing is... Kids these days have this impression that slapping on some hardcore music makes the overall mood "hardcore" or "badass-to-the-bone", while ignoring the upbeat and frantic feeling their series has.

    I feel the same about DBZ. And I'm not talking about AMVs. I'm not sure if there was a change in music when the show was dubbed, but there were times in where to rock music felt random and out of place in a way to ruined the tension.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    The DBZ movies used licensed buttrock music (such as Disturbed). And they played during the entire movie.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    So that's why I literally got a headache through watching it.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    You don't care about music in something in its very definition requires good music.

    What.


    What constitutes "good music"? To me the music has to fit the mood of the video.

    If you are going to make a random action vid then a hard beat is needed. The music may not be good but it FITS the video and that's what matter. It doesn't matter if the music is "good" or whether you like it or not, if you are going for fast paced action editing then you can't really use old school soft rock.

    Here's a random, fast paced vid I'm doing to One Piece: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3s0hmj


    and here's a slower, more emotional song I did to One Piece:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1PHZtzskk



    I cannot make an emotional vid with the first song and I cannot make a big action vid with the second. It's about what fits the vid.

    Bring Back Sarus!

    Without KOS the forum is a POS.


  7. #47
    ♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    This is a great thread.

    Then again, I think it's because I hate majority of AMVs, especially One Piece ones.


    Zephos, you need to create a list of buttrock music.
    Ex: Disturbed, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Dragonforce, Trivium...

  8. #48

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    About gia secando (whatever his name is). I gotta say, the amvs he produces are very very good. No fancy filters or final cut effects... just damn good editing and timing. Now if he were to broaden his horizons past Stratovarius, I bet he could do some really amazing stuff.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    Bros, I didn't really care for the heavier rock one. I have never really liked heavy rock.
    I do acknowledge you put a lot of work into that. The scenes were very high quality. I think some of the effects made it hard to focus. But I think you did a very good job.
    Kudos to your work. It isn't often you find a lot of scenes pieced together like that, it is something I have come to like after seeing the Kokoro No Chizu opening.
    I think the Kokoro no Chizu opening is a great thing to base an AMV after. And if not for the effects, yours was very close. Thanks for posting.

    I also agree that the song should fit. It isn't whether you like the song or not.
    That is why I thing that Fruity, Luffy singing song was good. If you know the english lyrics, you would see how well that person put that video together.
    I have been contemplating trying to make a OP AMV. I have been thinking to either use an OP ending or opening for it.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    NUMBER ONE: Why are you posting a mix AMV with Naruto and DBZ, the animes we really don't like at all.

    Number TWO: If you are gonna criticize an AMV why don't you just make one yourself so it'll be just how you like it.

    NUMBER THREE: When you do make an ONE PIECE AMV post it here and we will do your job for you

    NUMBER FOUR: Why are you posting music that you know nobody is gonna use for an AMV because they have no action point?

    In conclusion, your music sucks, your way of thought is invalid, and you should stop flaming AMV that people work so hard for so you can listen to your emo music in a One Piece, which is emotional at time (not in an emo way) but can be action filled, so they need to be mixed in an AMV. Thats kinda the point.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    NUMBER ONE: Why are you posting a mix AMV with Naruto and DBZ, the animes we really don't like at all.
    Okay, what.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Number TWO: If you are gonna criticize an AMV why don't you just make one yourself so it'll be just how you like it.

    NUMBER THREE: When you do make an ONE PIECE AMV post it here and we will do your job for you
    HYUCK HYUCK! YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING BOUT MY SHITTY AMVS UNTIL YOU MAKE YOUR OWN SHITTY AMVS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    NUMBER FOUR: Why are you posting music that you know nobody is gonna use for an AMV because they have no action point?
    While I question what the hell an action point means, I realize I don't care.

    Also, the entire point of this thread is that we're all actively trying to improve AMVs. So yeah, sorry we're trying to clean the asshole of Youtube.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In conclusion, your music sucks, your way of thought is invalid, and you should stop flaming AMV that people work so hard for so you can listen to your emo music in a One Piece, which is emotional at time (not in an emo way) but can be action filled, so they need to be mixed in an AMV. Thats kinda the point.
    Talk about missing the point.

  12. #52
    ♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    You mean, Naruto, the only anime/manga we don't like.

  13. #53
    Must've been rats Sakonosolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Spinward Marches

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    I had an idea to set the OP war to the song Ballroom Blitz. I have never made an AMV, though, and would probably fail at it. Make it happen!
    In the wrong light everything is chance
    Does it register? Do you wanna dance?
    In the right light it's a miracle
    Possibilities
    Do you wanna dance?

  14. #54

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    Quote Originally Posted by RageaSarus View Post
    You mean, Naruto, the only anime/manga we don't like.
    Yes. But i personally don't like DBZ for the kid-like characteristics, mainly the dub, that was horrifying.

    Anyways, i don't care if im missing the point he shouldn't criticize AMV music because you know, it's easy to just say, "WOW USE THAT SONG LULZ THIS ROCK SONG IS GAY." But you know what? Rock is easy to use thats why. Most of it is filled with action, which is easy to find in One Piece. And the slow parts, perfect for emotional scenes. I don't care if i'm missing the point he should go and make a AMV to satisfy his needs and obviously if it's good AMV makers including nooby ones (like me, i just made my first one) will learn from it. If not, then his idea fails. When trying to prove a point you experiment before coming up with a result. I'm just saying he shouldn't judge AMVs like the one he posted because you know what? The maker worked really hard on it and hopes that you enjoy it, if not, so? Move on. Damn. We don't get paid to do it, we don't enjoy sitting in front of Sony Vegas every freaking week to make a new AMV and getting criticized. We do it because we want the community of Youtube and APforums to for one thing, see what a great anime One Piece is (for youtube) and for Apforums to tell us how we did on it. You really think we are gonna sit and try to match One Piece with emo drum beats? Wow. If so you are totally wrong, talk about selfish. I don't care if your trying to make AMVs better, what i don't like is, the example you used, it was perfect with the song for the most part, how you approached the situation, and lastly what songs you told people to replace it with. Techno/songs with beats mainly are hard since you have to match it with something that differs (such as, a drum beat). Don't like the AMV, move on, find one with your liking. Maybe make it. Show us. If we like it and can, we will learn from it and make future AMVs better.

  15. #55
    A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    Quote Originally Posted by competitionbros View Post
    What constitutes "good music"? To me the music has to fit the mood of the video.

    If you are going to make a random action vid then a hard beat is needed. The music may not be good but it FITS the video and that's what matter. It doesn't matter if the music is "good" or whether you like it or not, if you are going for fast paced action editing then you can't really use old school soft rock.

    Here's a random, fast paced vid I'm doing to One Piece: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3s0hmj


    and here's a slower, more emotional song I did to One Piece:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1PHZtzskk



    I cannot make an emotional vid with the first song and I cannot make a big action vid with the second. It's about what fits the vid.
    Yes it matters if the music is good, are you some kind of robot who only hears tempo, because that's literally the only excuse for this post you made to exist.

    I think the only kinds of things that register only tempo are like dogs and cats or something.

    Or maybe you're some kind of bizarre musical hermit who has zero interest in music and has never learned to hear it in any way, and so you just want to edit footage to tempo because you've never learned of music as anything different then heart beats, birds singing, or car horns.

    Whatever the case, never talk about making AMV's again because you're direly wrong about fucking everything.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()


  16. #56

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    I had an idea to set the OP war to the song Ballroom Blitz. I have never made an AMV, though, and would probably fail at it. Make it happen!
    Yah know what kairo. I had the very same idea, but for the Impel Down breakout.

  17. #57
    Must've been rats Sakonosolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Spinward Marches

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    Great minds think alike.
    In the wrong light everything is chance
    Does it register? Do you wanna dance?
    In the right light it's a miracle
    Possibilities
    Do you wanna dance?

  18. #58

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    I hear more than tempo but editing is all about tempo. You can't have a fast paced vid to a slow song.............go watch a fast action trailer, mute it, and replace it with a slow song. Watch how crappy it looks in comparison.

    All you're doing is hurling insults at me, you've done nothing to point out that my point isn't valid. If you want an AMV to conform to your standard of "good music" then go search the org, youtube, or make it yourself.

    Bring Back Sarus!

    Without KOS the forum is a POS.


  19. #59

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    Quote Originally Posted by competitionbros View Post
    I hear more than tempo but editing is all about tempo. You can't have a fast paced vid to a slow song.............go watch a fast action trailer, mute it, and replace it with a slow song. Watch how crappy it looks in comparison.

    All you're doing is hurling insults at me, you've done nothing to point out that my point isn't valid. If you want an AMV to conform to your standard of "good music" then go search the org, youtube, or make it yourself.
    Exactly, screw this fag. This thread should be closed. You know how long he has been trashing threads and annoying people? No more. I take a stand now! Your lame music can take your business somewhere else.
    Last edited by Silvers Rayleigh; November 22nd, 2010 at 10:01 PM.

  20. #60
    A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT

    Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Yes. But i personally don't like DBZ for the kid-like characteristics, mainly the dub, that was horrifying.

    Anyways, i don't care if im missing the point he shouldn't criticize AMV music because you know, it's easy to just say, "WOW USE THAT SONG LULZ THIS ROCK SONG IS GAY." But you know what? Rock is easy to use thats why. Most of it is filled with action, which is easy to find in One Piece. And the slow parts, perfect for emotional scenes. I don't care if i'm missing the point he should go and make a AMV to satisfy his needs and obviously if it's good AMV makers including nooby ones (like me, i just made my first one) will learn from it. If not, then his idea fails. When trying to prove a point you experiment before coming up with a result. I'm just saying he shouldn't judge AMVs like the one he posted because you know what? The maker worked really hard on it and hopes that you enjoy it, if not, so? Move on. Damn. We don't get paid to do it, we don't enjoy sitting in front of Sony Vegas every freaking week to make a new AMV and getting criticized. We do it because we want the community of Youtube and APforums to for one thing, see what a great anime One Piece is (for youtube) and for Apforums to tell us how we did on it. You really think we are gonna sit and try to match One Piece with emo drum beats? Wow. If so you are totally wrong, talk about selfish. I don't care if your trying to make AMVs better, what i don't like is, the example you used, it was perfect with the song for the most part, how you approached the situation, and lastly what songs you told people to replace it with. Techno/songs with beats mainly are hard since you have to match it with something that differs (such as, a drum beat). Don't like the AMV, move on, find one with your liking. Maybe make it. Show us. If we like it and can, we will learn from it and make future AMVs better.
    Eureka! I have made a breakthrough!

    This confirms it.

    The problem was I always thought it was that AMV makers were teenagers with tunnel vision and bad mainstream "rebel" music tastes that (being as weeaboos are outcasts) fell pretty much in line with generic "goth" or "punk" kids, so they LOVED modern buttrock. And so set their fave animez to Hoobastank or whatever.


    But this is not the case!
    I am now realizing something else is the case.

    AMV makers are an animal unto themselves. Now we may look down upon the teenaged buttrocking weeaboo, but they at least like music. Terrible music, but they like it and I'm finding myself almost tearing up seeing them show devotion to something. When Evanescence plays through their headphoens they're into it. Reach for the stars little guys.

    Oh but the AMV maker?

    He does not like music.
    Not that he hates music, no, no actually it's far worse.
    They don't even register music. It's superfluous.

    The AMV maker is as sheltered as the normal weeaboo, but probably even sheltered to music.
    They have know appreciation for music, the art of music videos and musical accompaniment, they have probably never watched MTV or seen Fantasia. And never thought about the scores to movies or even animu they watch.

    They have grown up in some bizarre twilight zone of culture, a world of assembly line AMV making that is completely devoid of people who listen to music (of any sort). They make up their own terms like "action point" and collect stock songs to use from generic genre examples. "SAD" "HARD' and maybe "FUNNY".
    They earnestly believe you can't set music to a show unless it's one of these made up genres, even though the world has been showing quite the opposite as far back as the 1940's. But in their twilight zone they are unaware of this.

    Bottom line Silvers, you're living under a rock in a worthless sub-culture that masturbates to action scenes sequenced to not music you would ever describe or care about beyond single adjectives like "FAST".
    The people of the internet who actually like music and music videos, we are sick of you and your morlock like ilk, but we want to help you.

    You are like feral children kept in a cultural basement all your lives.

    Come out, come out with us, into the sunshine.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts