+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

Default Re: Stop Setting OP to buttrock

Quote Originally Posted by Kylor View Post
    Most likely no. Why do you ask?
    Cause you posted a whole essay on insulting me. Not many 2010's can do that :).

Love that Princess Mononoke vid btw, still have it on my ipod.

A problem with the music choice is that One Piece fans are young so they use music they can feel/enjoy. You can find many good, emotional One Piece videos that rely on mood more than action and beats but it's gonna be an artist like Avril Liveign(sp).

Bring Back Sarus!

Without KOS the forum is a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by competitionbros View Post
    Love that Princess Mononoke vid btw, still have it on my ipod.

A problem with the music choice is that One Piece fans are young so they use music they can feel/enjoy. You can find many good, emotional One Piece videos that rely on mood more than action and beats but it's gonna be an artist like Avril Liveign(sp).
    Um. No offence to you guys. But nobody 17 or older should be watching and reading One Piece. That just screams no life right there. Its a cartoon, yes its an anime but guess what? In Japan its a regular cartoon.

That's a weird mentality, so once you hit 18 you're gonna stop reading One Piece? Why do people always assume that just because a grown man likes manga, comics and video games that they can't have a life?

Bring Back Sarus!

It takes just a few minutes to read a new chapter. How is that no life? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Um. No offence to you guys. But nobody 17 or older should be watching and reading One Piece. That just screams no life right there. Its a cartoon, yes its an anime but guess what? In Japan its a regular cartoon.
    You are an idiot.

That's a weird mentality, so once you hit 18 you're gonna stop reading One Piece? Why do people always assume that just because a grown man likes manga, comics and video games that they can't have a life?
    Well no, see the thing. In Japan One piece is a regular cartoon. Imagine your dad watching some popular cartoon like Spongebob or like sixteen. I don't know how to explain it. Also yes, because they are on forums, caught up with manga, seen all one piece episodes, and discuss it here i would consider them not to have a life. There are cases like at free time when you do this stuff, but common? There are a shipload (<-- haha, pirate joke :D) of people on these forums in their 20's who know more about one piece then me, and i am a OP freak. 20 episodes a day till i caught up over summer. (unless i went somewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by iPenguin View Post
    It takes just a few minutes to read a new chapter. How is that no life? lol
    Hah, your right :). But people here WATCH READ AND POST. don't you agree just a slight bit thats no life?

MOAR SIDE NOTES XD: This thread will be closed soon because we went off topic from buttrock.

Oh crap, I really wish I could have saved my little story until you posted this gem.

Well no, see the thing. In Japan One piece is a regular cartoon. Imagine your dad watching some popular cartoon like Spongebob or like sixteen. I don't know how to explain it. Also yes, because they are on forums, caught up with manga, seen all one piece episodes, and discuss it here i would consider them not to have a life. There are cases like at free time when you do this stuff, but common? There are a shipload (<-- haha, pirate joke :D) of people on these forums in their 20's who know more about one piece then me, and i am a OP freak. 20 episodes a day till i caught up over summer. (unless i went somewhere)

Interestingly my Dad loves Spongebob........and yet he has a wife, a house and children. Age has nothing to do with what you like, I'm 22 and recently spent my weekend at Youmacon (anime convention) yet I still went to school/work on Monday. You can like anime, manga and post on forums without it controlling your life.

Bring Back Sarus!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylor View Post
    Oh crap, I really wish I could have saved my little story until you posted this gem.
    I wish you left.

Interestingly my Dad loves Spongebob........and yet he has a wife, a house and children. Age has nothing to do with what you like, I'm 22 and recently spent my weekend at Youmacon (anime convention) yet I still went to school/work on Monday.
    Dude, is watching a cartoon and arguing with people under 16 about buttrock normal at like 17-X years old ? Noooo..... Life..... Also i now respect your dad. I like spongebob too. Although that was an example.

P.S: Going to school/work doesn't mean your not a no life. I recommend you change that, went to friends and did _________.

Um I'm pretty sure teens under 17 would be regarded as 'geeky' by their peers for posting on anime boards also?
    Last edited by fedcom; November 22nd, 2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: My dad finds Spongebob funny.
    Happy Bastille Day!

That was a pretty good read there Kylor.

I haven't laughed like that for a while.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Ahahaha.

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=30762

18+ link:
    http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...hic-breakdown/

Quote Originally Posted by fedcom View Post
    Um I'm pretty sure teens under 17 would be regarded as 'geeky' by their peers for posting on anime boards also?
    Yes, but it's not bad for a kid to watch anime?

Dude, everyone needs to relax. It isn't god awful for an adult to watch OP.

I wish you left.

Dude, is watching a cartoon and arguing with people under 16 about buttrock normal at like 17-X years old ? Noooo..... Life..... Also i now respect your dad. I like spongebob too. Although that was an example.

P.S: Going to school/work doesn't mean your not a no life. I recommend you change that, went to friends and did _________.

Sure, why not? If you're a fan of something and someone slams it then you might get heated. For example, a friend of mine (24) is a huge New York Jets fan while another friend's little brother (14) is a huge New York Giants fan. They have arguments constantly over the better team and no one bats an eyelash when we're all watching the games on Sunday because they are passionate fans.

So what's a no life to you? I have friends, I had a girlfriend until recently (who was also into anime/manga), I go to the movies, play basketball/football, go to parties, etc.........Yet I love anime, manga, comics, and video games.

Bring Back Sarus!

Having a life means devoting your entire teenage life to listening to AMVs with bad music and editing, and defending it with pride on a message board.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Silvers Rayleigh: “Adults Shouldn’t Read Manga!”
    *angrily spends times defending buttrock AMV in an online forum*
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=30484

Yes, but it's not bad for a kid to watch anime?
    Ughh..
    It's not bad for anyone to watch anime, that's not what I said.

I meant;
    You shouldn't call others "no-lives" when you yourself fit into that category based on your criteria.
    Happy Bastille Day!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information