+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Marble Hornets

Default Re: Marble Hornets

I like your theory, Insider. Makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

And yeah, this was short but sweet. I almost jumped out of my chair at 1:09--I mean, I figured something was coming, but it still startled me. Wonder if there's going to be a response from totheark.

Quote Originally Posted by RageaSarus View Post
    What's so scary about it? Besides random niggas stalking you?
    Watch it and see, poppet~

Also, what 'Sina said. ^^

a mood come alive.

Is anyone else bummed there's no totheark response to the latest entry?

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

I do hope we get a new totheark video soon-ish, since this whole attempting to capture Masky is a big deal.

Also this is a bit stupid, but I don't like seeing the Greendale Human Being mascot on Community since it reminds me of The Rake. Or just Slendy without his suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shmeckie View Post
    Is anyone else bummed there's no totheark response to the latest entry?
    Not yet anyway. But if someone found out your identity, which you were trying to keep secret, would you really respond with a "I will mind rape you!"?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCaSiNa View Post
    I do hope we get a new totheark video soon-ish, since this whole attempting to capture Masky is a big deal.

Also this is a bit stupid, but I don't like seeing the Greendale Human Being mascot on Community since it reminds me of The Rake. Or just Slendy without his suit.
    I really hate the Rake. I hate creepy naked things.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

*googles The Rake*
    Well, now I'm startled...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    *googles The Rake*
    Well, now I'm startled...
    I suppose I don't want to know what the Rake is, then.

The Rake has been featured in the other Sledner-series Everyman HYBRID. He first appears at the end of "Cops Checked, No Body".
    And the Meek shall Inherit the Earth.

I assume Slender Man and Rake are actually good pals.
    Spoiler:

My God, thank you for keeping this topic (which I didn't even know existed) alive! I stopped checking for new videos around Halloween last year, I didn't even know this was going to be continued!
    But ... I don't think I have the courage to watch the new stuff right now.
    I remember how fucked up I was after sitting through all the "old" episodes. I was paranoid as hell for weeks after. Seriously, that shit terrified me the first time I watched it. I'm gonna chicken out and watch it tomorrow afternoon (it's 1:30 am here right now).

Relevant:

[youtube]Xj6F_piB_HE[/youtube]

I still wonder how that thing with Slender Man and Baby Jesus ended. I'm pretty sure someone died there.

Also somewhat relevant (don't know if it's already been posted, sorry if it has):

[youtube]4MXYC_jX2Wc[/youtube]

I've always loved both the Littlekuriboh spoof and the Splendorman. Really good stuff there.
    Also:
    Spoiler:
    [YOUTUBE]I_-SzVyXmRE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL&autoplay=1[/YOUTUBE]

The Rake is a horrible creature from EverymanHYBRID, another series that dives into the Slenderman stories. Where Marble Hornets has Masky, HYBRID has the Rake.

The rake makes random and strange appearances. But one of the things that made HYBRID great was it's unintentional scares. Often time, Slender or Rake would be in the corner, hiding as usual, and simply watching or moving. None of the characters would take note of it. It would just be a normal video with people speaking into the camera, and some horrible abomination watching them from some unknown spot until you find it. In far more current episodes, they actually see both Slendy and the Rake. They even attacked Slenderman on two occasions in one episode. Ended horribly but...

I think the best moment with the Rake was when they did a live feed for questions from their fans. They had a door open behind them. The Rake crawled right past the door, outside of the HYBRID guys view, but in plain sight for the people watching the feed.

Yeah, that would freak me out.

Actually, EverymanHYBRID did NOT create The Rake. It originated in a creepypasta story.
    You can read it here (when it fixes itself) http://www.creepypasta.com/the-rake/

So, I just watched entry 27-35.

Spoiler:
    Masky in #33 didn't scare me as much, but good Lord did he get me in #35. Even though I was expecting SOMETHING all time, even though it was obvious it would happen right THERE - I still screamed XD
    That was actually the first time that shit made me scream. Jesus! At least it won't prevent me from sleeping tonight, that's good.

I'm with Insider's theory btw. Makes a lot of sense to me.

I don't know if I want to watch that EverymanHYBRID stuff ... but now that I know it exists I inevitably will. Sooner or later.
    Ah well, at least I won't confuse the Rake with normal people. Like some months ago, when I was driving through some desolate area all alone at night, I suddenly saw some random tall, bald, suited guy standing on the median (is that what it's called?) right next to where I was driving. Jesus Christ, that scared the hell out of me. I couldn't even see his face because it was so dark and he didn't look in my direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    Like some months ago, when I was driving through some desolate area all alone at night, I suddenly saw some random tall, bald, suited guy standing on the median (is that what it's called?) right next to where I was driving. Jesus Christ, that scared the hell out of me. I couldn't even see his face because it was so dark and he didn't look in my direction.
    Well if he wasn't facing you. Then it looks like Slendy was targeting someone else.

::looks at other members in thread::

I breezed through Everyman HYBRID and noticed it's more than just Slender Man, it's combining various Creepypasta stories like The Rake and Candle Cove. Plus it's more of an Alternate Reality Game than MH is.

It's a lot less scary but it's still pretty fun.

I find Episode 6 of HYBRID to be pretty fucking scary, but yeah, it's not that scary. The characters are awesome.

I love Evan to death.

TTA responds.

[youtube]_myhIXgVF-o[/youtube]

For the record, I still don't believe TTA and Masky are the same person.
    I'm more of the Alex is TTA theory.

I'm going to try and make out what he says.

EDIT:

This easily beats out anything I managed. Glad I snooped before I wasted a lot of time on it:
    [youtube]rbJODRv3RmM[/youtube]
    Last edited by Akumu; February 27th, 2011 at 12:04 AM.

"Enjoying watching you suffer. You don't know us, but we've always known you."

At least that's what different YouTube commenters heard, and I kind of hear it too.

And now that you mention it, it is entirely possible that ToTheArk isn't Masky. Didn't really consider it until now.

EDIT: Wow, pretty close.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information