+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 142 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Default General Video Game Discussion

I've thought a thread like this was needed for some time now, but wasn't entirely sure. Basically a thread to talk about news and such that don't belong in a specific thread, something trivial that doesn't deserve its own thread, or to just talk about things video game related in general.

To start, just a random little mess going on regarding an indy developer and a certain organization.

Anyone know of that indy game that came out on WiiWare and XBLA called "Super Meat Boy"? Well PETA, being PETA, made a parody game of it (similar to their Cooking Mama parody). To combat it, the developer made this response on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/SuperMeatBoy/s...40239737659392

Naturally, despite PETA shooting first, now all the Twitter PETA'ers are raging war. Quite amusing. Kinda wanna get the game to support them now, but I hear it is bloody hard.

Default Re: General Video Game Discussion

The thread should have something that insist that it's about "news" or something like that. It's a better hook.

Anyway... I don't understand why PETA is on Super Meat Boy. It's simply a fun arcade game in where you play as a cute cube made of raw bloody meat.

Also... Go support the game. That's not a good reason not too.

But I'll rage and not beat it. Wish it'd come to PSN, but that's not happening for some reason.

I don't think it's really about beating it. It's all about getting as far as you can and having fun trying to figure out pattens in levels. Even putting it down for a while after frustration could end up luring you back in. Believe me, and I only played the Dark World levels from the demo. For what it offers, it's a nice "pick up and play" game.

Super Meat Boy is one of the games I keep needing to buy but probably never will due to the backlog I have ;-;

Anywho. What should I play next?

Assbro, Just Cause 2 or A Boy and His Blob?

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa View Post
    Oh, so basically flooded the PETA forums and that's why they did the parody? I figured PETA just did it unprovoked. Still hilarious, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa View Post
    Downloading a trial of that game when I get home.

That story alone is fucking awesome.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Lol! PETAphile is the word of the century now.

I had one of these a few weeks back:
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=30614

any chance of merging?

XBL: SympathyX PSN: CTD-SympathyX 3DS: 0344-9267-0120
    Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar

The thread... merging with Super Meat Boy in... 5... 4... 3... 1...

A game title recently was trademarked in both Japan the US by the name of "Lollipop Chainsaw". It now turns out that Grasshopper (No More Heroes) is developing this currently unknown game.

Grasshopper + that absurd title = Quite intrigued

No more Geometry Wars ;-; Bizarre Creations shuts its doors.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...Dies-on-Friday

Oh and Blur too.....(never played it)

I have noticed that the game covers in the US are more explicit than the european or Japanese covers.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I have noticed that the game covers in the US are more explicit than the european or Japanese covers.
    I dunno about that.

X-Blades game cover in US has her wearing panties. Cover in Europe and Japan doesn't.

I recently read this. It's linked to it =3

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...-Box-Art-Sucks

Personally I think each one has some good ones and vice versa. It doesn't seem to be consistant.

One of the comments said "
    Because America is all about identifying with the main character- becoming the main character, so that's what we want to see on our box art. Admittedly, not always, but mostly. And we can't identify with a character (or characters) if we don't know what they look like."

It seems Americans are more in the visual than imagination and symbolism.

I think the Heavy rain cover for Japan and Europe are more memorable and reasonates harder in my mind. I am more the imaginative type.

It is the same for MGS3. I think seeing an artwork of the Boss and Naked Snake is more interesting than Snake hiding behind a tree.

This is what Epic thinks next-gen should look like, and I agree.

http://m.kotaku.com/5774861/epic-say...-like/gallery/

Damn. It's so.....dark. I hate having to adjust the brightness on the TV for games (only to get blinded once I switch to Mario or Katamari)

aborted shit wizard GuetaMinute's Avatar

Really? You saw those graphics and the first thing you noticed was the darkness?

A few of those screenshots could have fucking fooled me. (none of the facial ones)
    This was a stupid sig anyway

It goes to show you, games can always look better despite our "It's so real!" reaction at the start of each generation.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information