+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 226 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226
Results 4,501 to 4,518 of 4518

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Default Re: General Video Game Discussion

I'm a shillup/lamongamon kind of guy.

Easy Allies has reviews and a podcast for how they feel about games (Frame Trap)
    Last edited by y2kyle89; March 14th, 2019 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Among other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Coming after Rastskhan's Rumble, having RAFAM the SUPREEEEMEEEE archeologist singing, with the suave fortuneteller madame Lazul (finally named!) And Boom PhD being a known Ham, with Hagata having a good Summon emote, instead of going jafar/Dr falcier/mad scientist/swamp witch/corrupt King doing a big number, they went way too low key, And didn't even end in the five of them doing evil laughter.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I guess they canceled honest game trailers, I feel like an Idiot, I've been checking to see if it updated every day only to find out they discontinued it

I really wanted to see a Smash Bros Ultimate honest trailer, or Red Dead Redemption 2 or Devil May Cry 5

No thread for Devil May Cry 5? It's incredibly fun and I highly recommend it. The game also works as a fine entry point to the series if you haven't played the others.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    No thread for Devil May Cry 5? It's incredibly fun and I highly recommend it. The game also works as a fine entry point to the series if you haven't played the others.
    Agreed I just started playing it and it's extremely fun

Hidden:

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...latform-stadia

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...specs-revealed

Google has announced it's video game platform called Google Stadia (first link has general stuff and second link has specs)
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

It will receive strong support for six months, languish in an uncertain future for two years, and then get unceremoniously shot behind the shed one day.

That is the fate of all Google products.

Hate the name, sounds like artificial sweetener.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

With how badly ISPs throttle connections here in the States good luck at this thing taking off outside the niche.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Discovered Stowaway

When I impulsively bought my PSVR bundle on Black Friday I was under the impression there were more games on it that I would want but quite a few of them aren't available on disc and so there's no discount for used ones on some of them. Bummer. I guess I'll just have to wait for a good sale deal. There's no way to know in advance which ones will be getting a discount on the Playstation store, is there? Or a way to request one's price be lowered via petition? Wishful thinking, I know, but I want to get my money's worth. It just feels like the VR market is drying up rather than expanding and that's depressing.

VR is cool for tech demos but I've yet to see an actual game on it that isn't a tech demo or something to just screw around with for an hour (or I think there are some walking sims). At least some older games (like HL2) have made use of it but that isn't PSVR.

Could I get a little help from any Yakuza series fan/follower around here? Thing is, I'm not too far from finishing Kiwami 2, after finishing Zero and Kiwami. My idea was to do the whole series in order (Kiwami 3, etc. . .), but I kinda really want to play 6, cause honestly, it seems like the next 3 Kiwami remakes will take (literal) ages. How lost will I be if I jump from where I'm at right now straight to 6? Is 6 worth doing this jump and trying to fill in the gaps by myself through wikis and stuff? Should I be patient and play Yakuza 6 in 3-4 years?

Also, which are the best games in the saga according to you? So far, I gotta go with Zero. Kiwami and, specially, Kiwami 2 are great remakes done with great care. . .but Zero trumps them in almost every area (except for graphics; the dragon engine does look good). How does the rest of the saga compare?

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Could I get a little help from any Yakuza series fan/follower around here? Thing is, I'm not too far from finishing Kiwami 2, after finishing Zero and Kiwami. My idea was to do the whole series in order (Kiwami 3, etc. . .), but I kinda really want to play 6, cause honestly, it seems like the next 3 Kiwami remakes will take (literal) ages. How lost will I be if I jump from where I'm at right now straight to 6? Is 6 worth doing this jump and trying to fill in the gaps by myself through wikis and stuff? Should I be patient and play Yakuza 6 in 3-4 years?

Also, which are the best games in the saga according to you? So far, I gotta go with Zero. Kiwami and, specially, Kiwami 2 are great remakes done with great care. . .but Zero trumps them in almost every area (except for graphics; the dragon engine does look good). How does the rest of the saga compare?
    They're planning on releasing 3-4-5 somewhat shortly with ports instead of "remaking" them as Kiwamis, which is for the better given how cheap those remakes have been compared to the originals (from the inferior remixes to flat out removing certain tracks, many scenes are altered for the worst, worse combat especially with bosses and annoying awful systems like the Majima Everywhere).
    As for jumping from 2 to 6, i would advise not to if you care about either story or gameplay. Its widely considered by the fanbase the second worst in story (only behind 3), and arguably the worst gameplay wise given it was the first to run on the Dragon Engine with all the problems still to be ironed out (environments being more interactive by dismissing gravity resulting in a floaty slow mess which takes away what little skill was incentivized before). You may still like it, but coming out from 0 which is arguably the best on both aspects plus many other little touches (some of the best side quests and minigames), could be quite a whiplash.
    Last edited by Yobiyopi; March 21st, 2019 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks for the answer!

Surprised about (what I assume is) the consensus on the Kiwami remakes. I like Kiwami 2; it's true I don't remember much about the original Yakuza 2, but this seems to me to be superior. There's a shitload of content (even TOO much content I'd say, if that makes any sense), and, to me at least, the fighting feels right. Yeah, there's some weird physics at work here, and striping down the mechanics from 4 fighting styles to just one might seem like a massive oversimplification. . .but it just feels right to me, I don't know why. The way you send people flying, the parry mechanics. . .it just feels great. Might be just me, though.

The things that don't quite feel right are, in fact, remnants of the original game; the sub-stories are way below Zero's, for example. The karaoke is way worse, surprisingly (at least the UI feels wrong), the home-run mini game is also way worse than in Zero and, even Kiwami? I don't know, that's weird. But everything else, I'm enjoying a lot.

And the cutscenes in Zero are also way better, but are they so much worse than in the original Yakuza 2? Again, can't remember. . .

Anyways, you did deflate my Yakuza 6 hype big time, so. . .I'll wait, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    They're planning on releasing 3-4-5 somewhat shortly with ports instead of "remaking" them as Kiwamis, which is for the better given how cheap those remakes have been compared to the originals
    Actually these remasters are the epitome of cheap even more so than the Kiwami duology given how not that old they are (which is good part of what's been wrong with remasters for the last 8 years or so).

That aside expect though we'll ever get a remaster of Kenzan or a localization of Isshin which I'd rather have than those 3 hell I'd even take the PSP spinoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    As for jumping from 2 to 6, i would advise not to if you care about either story or gameplay. Its widely considered by the fanbase the second worst in story (only behind 3),
    People actually hate 3's story more than 4?
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; March 22nd, 2019 at 12:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information