+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Default Re: General Video Game Discussion

I feel ya. Wasn't trying to be obnoxious with that reply, but as someone who enjoys generic RPGs *and* generic action games, I felt your statement was a little... humorous.

And truthfully, I don't have any real BoF hate. Beat the second one, never finished 3 or 4 but own both. Consider all three to be pretty solid oldschoolers. Haven't played more than 20 minutes of the original or any of Dragon Quarter.

Breath of Fire 2 was the first RPG I ever played, loved it so much it was the first game I downloaded off the virtual console.
    NintendoNetworkID:NJMancini, please leave a message saying you're from AP

Oh wow, looks generic as all hell. We sure this isn't Dragon Age III?

Recently picked up Sakura Wars: So Long My Love for the PS2 and Tales of the Abyss. Then I found out the $30 I spent on SW was better off held onto just one more week, seeing as how the game just dropped to $20 today. DAMMIT!

Either way, I'm havin' trouble deciding on which of the two to start on first.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

Is that the same Sakura Wars that was on the Wii? I initially bought it from amazon for the PS3 but got sent that one instead.

♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    CRAPtivate emabrgo's just dropped, and DD is a new IP.
    You watch your goddamn mouth. This year's Captivate wasn't bad.

Props for Capcom making a new game, but it better not be ass, although I'm sure it won't be...

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

It's looks interesting, I had wondered when someone was going to try to do more with the RE styled controls, the story seems generic at first glance but a lot can happen in a year. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Is that the same Sakura Wars that was on the Wii? I initially bought it from amazon for the PS3 but got sent that one instead.
    Same one, yeah. Only difference is the Wii version uses the Wii remote and only has English voice acting. PS2 version came with extra goodies and two discs featuring an English dub and the original Japanese audio.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

Rumour has it that another God Of War game (IV) is to be released next year. Along with another for the NGP.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ar-IV-for-2012

Here's hoping they make up for the mess that was called God of War III.

As if there was any doubt this was gonna be a long generation: http://m.kotaku.com/5794000/microsof...o-in-the-clear

I'm glad, considering I only got a PS3 in 2009. I got a Wii in 2009, too... but that proved to be a poor purchase on my part. I can't honestly see myself buying a Wii 2 unless/until it gets a really strong third-party lineup (I'm sorry, I doubt care for first-party Nintendo properties).

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Not surprising. MS & Sony are both net losers in the videogame industry - not very surprising for microsoft, but it's astonishing when you consider how successful the psx & ps2 were. Just goes to show how expensive R&D costs are.

Now nintendo can just waltz in with a console that's more powerful then either the ps3 or 360, costs them little in terms of r&d for cpu or gpu components, and if they play their cards right with third parties, get the best version of any multi-plat game.

Assuming their controller isn't crazy.

If the nintendo successor is successful though, we'll probably have new sony & MS stuff a year after.

Wii 2 rumors are talking about the controller having a touchscreen. Do not want.

I still haven't bought a PS3. And Sony swore at the time it was gonna be a 10 year system, so... I'm fine with that.

And really, the graphics are already as good as a team can make them with five years of development time and millions of dollars in the budget, anything crazier than the realism we're already getting will take so much time to create it'll be ridiculous. I mean, someone at Square can spend three days painting up a rock for FF13 that appears for 5 seconds, but to what end?

The graphic jump *can't* be as big as it has been in the past. We've already got cloth fabric and realistic skin and hair, and giant screen filling monsters as regular enemies, (which would have once been a final boss only sort of thing) and realistic water and lighting effects and etc. etc... Even if the machines are capable of showing better, can anyone actually tap that potential?
    Last edited by Robby; April 20th, 2011 at 12:16 PM.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Yup. A lot of developers already are, some games have textures made in far higher fidelity then current consoles can actually show.

Not really too bothered on that score myself, I prefer more stylised stuff like Wind Waker or Muramasa.

Well they're not going to publicly ADMIT they were hacked. (if the rumors be true.) "Maintenance" is a much nicer vague way of saying it.

Supposedly. Anonymous is claiming credit, at any rate.

Though that may just be the internets being internetty.

♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar

Oh? Console Stickies? Nice idea.

Anywho... what the fuck is this?!
    "Good evening,

Anonymous is preparing to target the Sony corporation for bringing litigation against innocent individuals who have been creating features for the Playstation 3 which were previously openly available to the public. We refer largely to the ability to install the Linux operating system.

Despite the fact that this was a largely advertised feature, Sony has cut access to the Playstation 3's firmware under the guise of "security concerns". They have removed a core feature after millions of consumers have handed over their hard earned money.

Those who opted not to upgrade their systems were cut off from PSN access, purchased media and lost the ability to to play some games ans Blu-Ray discs. This is unacceptable.

As Techland reported, George Hotz, a programmer, figured out how to "jailbreak" the PS3; thus unlocking the above mentioned features. Hotz (who posts under the handle GeoHotz) published instructions for jailbreaking the PS3 on his personal website. Sony has since brought legal action against him and has received permission to subpoena Bluehost (Hotz's hosting company) to acquire a list of every IP address that ever visited his site.

This is an affront against personal privacy, one which Anonymous will not ignore.

Our demands are these:

Sony must end any and all attempts to prosecute individuals trying to alter a product that they legally own.
    Sony must end all current or pending/upcoming litigation against George Hotz and any individuals behind the collected IP addresses.
    Sony must allow for end-user modification of their product, as was heavily advertised and available before the 3.21 update.

Anonymous recognizes that there are events of greater magnitude occurring in the world today and is actively pursuing those as well. However, threats against our privacy and consumer rights cannot (and will not) go unnoticed.

We are Anonymous.
    We are legion.
    We do not forgive.
    We do not forget.
    You should have expected us."
    Did Sony seriously get hacked...?

...and should this discussion be in the PS3 thread?

Wow, what a bunch of douchebags.

Cause we all know terrorist threats are awesome. And they work every single time, right?

Oh yeah. Most places don't give in to bullshit like that because then it encourages future efforts to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    But if Sony are genuinely in the wrong and continuing in that direction then how else protest against them as they have and would just ignore the people.
    Boycott. Letter campaigns. Unsubscribe. Tell your friends it sucks. Buy a nintendo.

"Hey, I can't hack my software anymore to play things it was never meant to! Waaaah!" holds no sympathy for me. Hackers going into security systems with malicious intent is NOT cool in any way shape or form.

As cool as it is to play Super Mario on a PSP, it wasn't supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    This is again a little tricky as although it wasn't mean't to do half the stuff it can, as long as you own the console and can't harm/effect anyone in a negative way
    And thats unfortunately where the line has to be drawn. if you want to hack your own system at the cost of making it unusable for updates or online or whatnot, because you really want an emulator or some PC software on there, well... its really not supposed to do that, but your risking your own things and voiding your warranty blocking yourself from future features. Thats fine I guess (I don't get it personally...) there's a cost and a risk to it, whatever, but with the massive interconnection of things now... well, where do you draw the line on personal hacks, since a lot of them ARE malicious and ARE security concerns, as this situation is kind of proving?

Where is the line between having an N64 on your PSP and getting somebody's credit card numbers? ANd how do you determine that line and if its been crossed? A break in security is a break in security. And even if you say "well, this guy would never do the BAD stuff with his illegal hacking" doesn't mean THAT guy won't.

Yeah I can understand both sides of the coin on this particular argument, but what about the one that started it all off a few weeks ago?
    I'm not entirely up to speed I guess, what specifically set this all off?
    Last edited by Robby; April 22nd, 2011 at 12:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information