+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The three powers on the Grand line????

BigAssGun

We already know that the Seven Gods of Pirates is one of the factor, but what about the other 2 of them? Does anyone know???

Click Here

this has been discussed over and over. why dont you look at old thread. use that SEARCH feature. it's there for a reason.

BigAssGun

I can't find it. Thats why I post this thread to get some infos about it. Sorry if I cuz any trouble :( :( :(

I don't think there's any thread or even conversation about it in the new forums. The old one had plenty of though but they're gone.

Search

I believe... hmmm, I've forgot what I believed. Seven Weapons of the Sea are one for sure but others are matter of debate. Perhaps even Oda didn't knew them when put those words into Yosaku's mouth. Right now there're plenty of options: The World Government, The Admirals, Marine, CP#s, Dragon (Revolutionaries), Pirates, Order of the Kings, Ancient Weapons... But I think none of those fit into the same category with Shichi Bukais. It's possible that the two powers aren't even yet introduced, otherwise Oda wouldn't keep them as a secret. CP#s are the closest thing in my mind: A power the Government use to control the balance of peace.

Edit
    Originally posted by BF
    Wasn't weather/navigation, one of the three?
    I haven't ever even thought about it! Yeah, could be but it still leave one more to cover.

If anybody's interested here's Stephen's script for it:
    There is something you must know about the place we are going to!!
    I believe there are three great powers that cause the Grand Line to be called the pirate's grave.
    And one of those powers is...
    THE "SHICHIBUKAI".

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Battle Franky@Apr 18 2005, 01:17 PM
    [snapback]33294[/snapback]
    Well it indeed could definitely be that the climatic power is one of the three powers. However if it would be that obvious I think Yosaku would have said it from the start. I mean there┬┤s no need to talk about that in mystery speech.

I┬┤ve just checked the K-F episode 31 to see how Yosaku┬┤s speech was translated there. This is what Yosaku said:

"The reason why the Grand Line┬┤s called the pirate┬┤s grave is because there are three superpowers that exist there! One of them is, the Shichibukai!"

This is actually almost the same at what Yoska mentioned in his post. However my personal understanding of superpower is always a political context (probably because I grew up with having the term superpower in context to USA and Sovjet Union). In that case I don┬┤t see the wheater as one part of it.

So I think the three superpowers are the Shichibukai, the three Admiral supremes (maybe even Grand Admiral Sengok if he has any battle power) and the Gorousei themselves. Since the Gorousei themselves "control both the admirals and the shichibukai, they seem to be the greatest powers of all since they actually can decide which pirate the other two can attack and which better not to bother.

I see the whole point of having the Shichibukai, to have some fighter┬┤s under their control so that the three Admiral Supremes don┬┤t go renegade. And vice versa the Shichibukai might listen to the Gorousei because they don┬┤t want to fight the admiral┬┤s themselves. It┬┤s actually a matter of maintaining the balance of power and keeping control of everything. But if both the Admirals and the Shichibukai would decide to go against the Gorousei then they would have a big problem. :D

However this is just my personal interpretation of the whole thing. I might be completely wrong though.

I thinks it is the 3 supreme admirals and Cipher pols...

KNOW

Originally posted by Solid@Apr 18 2005, 09:58 AM
    [snapback]33339[/snapback]
    no these are not 3 factors, that would be only 1.they are all allowed by the goverment.

Originally posted by KNOW+Apr 18 2005, 04:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KNOW &#064; Apr 18 2005, 04:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Solid@Apr 18 2005, 09:58 AM
    [snapback]33339[/snapback]
    no these are not 3 factors, that would be only 1.they are all allowed by the goverment.
    [snapback]33343[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]

No matter if they are both in the marine, they are two different institutions. Technically both the Admiral Supremes and the Shichibukai listen to the Gorousei, but that doesn┬┤t make them the same. After all the CP┬┤s are not regular marines and have comletely different status among them.

But personally I doubt that they are one of the three.

shichibukai

marines

dai kaizoku (great pirates) (shanks, white beard)

that&#39;s my opinion

ooshi78
    "Listen, you can send a stripper to my party if you like. It won't affect me because, as you can see, I am appearing naked, which I always try to do because I'm kind of a natural guy."

-kermit the frog

Originally posted by ooshi78@Apr 18 2005, 07:33 PM
    shichibukai

marines

dai kaizoku (great pirates) (shanks, white beard)

that&#39;s my opinion

ooshi78
    [snapback]33366[/snapback]
    i agree with you but weapons are better then the pirates

Cap'n Bermuda

Quote(BigAssGun Yesterday, 03:42 AM)
    We already know that the Seven Gods of Pirates is one of the factor, but what about the other 2 of them? Does anyone know???
    I think the other 2 factors are "those carrying the name of D" and the purpose of One Piece existing in the world.

The Three Powers are most certainly powerful agencies controlled by the governments, so it isn&#39;t somelthing like really strong pirates or weather or something. Why would the Gorosei be concerned about powerful pirates going down?

I think so far it&#39;s the Shichibukai and Admirals. The CPs are more of an intelligence gathering agency.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Originally posted by Cap&#39;n Carter@Apr 19 2005, 09:29 PM
    The Three Powers are most certainly powerful agencies controlled by the governments, so it isn&#39;t somelthing like really strong pirates or weather or something. Why would the Gorosei be concerned about powerful pirates going down?

I think so far it&#39;s the Shichibukai and Admirals. The CPs are more of an intelligence gathering agency.
    [snapback]34200[/snapback]
    Interesting, so you think that all of the three powers actually listen to the Gorousei? Not a bad idea. The only difference in my view is that the status you and I see the Gorousei in. Actually I hope that you would be right and I would be wrong just because this would mean that there would be just another cool group of people to throw at the Strawhats. Though the only problem would be that it has been mentioned often before that One Piece is somewhat halfway over and yet we still have to see the real fights with six other Shichibukai, fights with the three Admiral Supremes, Shanks Crew, Whitebeards Crew, Blackbeards Crew and who know┬┤s what other obstacles are waiting there.

Not that I don┬┤t want to see one more big group, but I would hate so see too much thrown in at once. It would be to rash, which is actually not One Piece style.

lucciano_minhawk

i dont think he have seen the other two factors and i dont think they are the admirals because admiral is a rank just like an officer but the gods are not marine officers they are piraates so i think the other two are like god bounty hunters or something like that

Originally posted by lucciano_minhawk@Apr 20 2005, 02:37 AM
    i dont think he have seen the other two factors and i dont think they are the admirals because admiral is a rank just like an officer but the gods are not marine officers they are piraates so i think the other two are like god bounty hunters or something like that
    [snapback]34385[/snapback]
    God Bounty Hunters eh? Kinda like that. While personally I don┬┤t believe that this is the case, I would certainly love to see such a factor on the Grand Line. :)

Speaking of it, isn┬┤t it strange that the Strawhats didn┬┤t meet any real bounty hunters yet. I mean in Wiskey Peak they met hunred weak ones but it┬┤s not that we had a story arc that featured just one really tough SOB bounty hunter. Does anybody think that in future arc┬┤s we┬┤ll see one?

I&#39;m a bit disappointed too that there haven&#39;t been any real bounty hunters for a while, or ever. BW was a criminal bounty hunter organization but what I want is a true, good guy bounty hunters coming on Luffy&#39;s head. If anything, at least it would be a good filler material.

P' Cinq

Shichibukai is 1 of the Factors ...Yosaku has mention about shichibukai ..so 1 of them is schichibukai ....2nd i think they mean about those strong pirates ... 3rd maybe Government or marine

Originally posted by Ivotas+Apr 20 2005, 09:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ivotas &#064; Apr 20 2005, 09:48 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lucciano_minhawk@Apr 20 2005, 02:37 AM
    [snapback]34385[/snapback]
    God Bounty Hunters eh? Kinda like that. While personally I don┬┤t believe that this is the case, I would certainly love to see such a factor on the Grand Line. :)

Speaking of it, isn┬┤t it strange that the Strawhats didn┬┤t meet any real bounty hunters yet. I mean in Wiskey Peak they met hunred weak ones but it┬┤s not that we had a story arc that featured just one really tough SOB bounty hunter. Does anybody think that in future arc┬┤s we┬┤ll see one?
    [snapback]34523[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]
    they werent weak zoro is just too strong :) hehehehehe

Originally posted by devil^_^kid@Apr 20 2005, 10:58 AM
    they werent weak zoro is just too strong :) hehehehehe
    [snapback]34589[/snapback]
    That┬┤s actually the point. I want some bounty hunters who are a real threat to the Strawhats.

BTW, I┬┤m really diggin the idea that strong bounty hunters might be one of the factors. I really doubt that this would be the case but I would hope that it would be true. And who know┬┤s maybe there┬┤s just one strong bounty hunter. Maybe Oda is toying with us the the 7 shichibukai, the 5 Gorousei and the 3 Admiral Supremes are a some sort of a countdown with odd numbers.

Who know┬┤s? Maybe that guy in Johnny┬┤s flashback will actually appear in the series later on. Though it was a filler it could be some sort of Easter Egg appearance that Oda did on us while we don┬┤t have a clue about that guy in the first place. :)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information