+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

PC games have always ran and looked better than console games. I agree with the complications depending on your configuration though. I never noticed just how terrible console games run before I turned to PC gaming, although it is somewhat easier to pick up and play. It's just that games are getting so complicated nowadays and that consoles are running on different architectures, that it's impossible to forsee everything that could go wrong.
    In the wrong light everything is chance
    Does it register? Do you wanna dance?
    In the right light it's a miracle
    Possibilities
    Do you wanna dance?

I finally got Skyrim today (and Arkham City) from my girlfriend as a birthday present!

Best. Birthday. Ever.

Now i have 2 free weeks and i know how i will spend them ...
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    PC games have always ran and looked better than console games. I agree with the complications depending on your configuration though. I never noticed just how terrible console games run before I turned to PC gaming, although it is somewhat easier to pick up and play. It's just that games are getting so complicated nowadays and that consoles are running on different architectures, that it's impossible to forsee everything that could go wrong.
    I just don't see how skyrim got passed. how the hell do they not notice that the further you get in the game 6+ mb saves up to seemingly 15 as above said that they game becomes unplayable.

Did they not have beta testers playing the ps3 version from start to finish. You would think they could find a dozen people to play the game FOR FREE easily before launch.

So what exactly is happening? That as you get further into the game ONE save grows in size until it passes a certain point and makes the game unplayable? Or is it that if you save multiple times and those saves combined pass a certain point that the game begins to become unplayable?
    Possibilities
    Do you wanna dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    So what exactly is happening? That as you get further into the game ONE save grows in size until it passes a certain point and makes the game unplayable? Or is it that if you save multiple times and those saves combined pass a certain point that the game begins to become unplayable?
    I assume its ONE SAVE. Or each save you do is 10+ mb. Cause each save on my computer is like 4mb and I have like 500 saves. I'm easily over the 10 mb's then total. I have like 2 gigs of saves. Need to delete some soon.

I'm not sure how console works if you get only one save per character, or if like final fantasy and you have however save block available as space on console and each time you save you select a new block or override an old block. I'm assuming the later.

Well I don't think the save size on PC matters, I think this problem is only on the consoles, due to how they work.
    Possibilities
    Do you wanna dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    I just don't see how skyrim got passed. how the hell do they not notice that the further you get in the game 6+ mb saves up to seemingly 15 as above said that they game becomes unplayable.

Did they not have beta testers playing the ps3 version from start to finish. You would think they could find a dozen people to play the game FOR FREE easily before launch.
    You'd have thought with New Vegas being the way it is that they woulda.

And yeah. it's because there's so much the game needs to keep track of that it grows in size. Especially if you knock things over, move them around etc.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

I keep hearing people say "Well they should have learned from Fallout!" but that wasn't developed by, only published by, Bethesda. Skyrim was developed by Bethesda. They're not the same company.
    Possibilities
    Do you wanna dance?

Fallout 3 was all Bethesda. It was just New Vegas that was done by another developer. So yes, there are things they should have learned from Fallout (3). But seeing how I don't have a console version of Skyrim to compare, I can't say much about their improvement.

The PC version runs almost flawlessly for me. I've had maybe 3 or 4 game crashes on my way to level 50, and patches have fixed most all my little issues already. There are still occasional annoyances, like standing over the corpse of a bandit leader that a quest still needs you to kill, but a quick console code respawn works as well as a patch in those cases.

I've found that with enchanting you can get 200% magicka cost reduction in whatever combination of spell schools on a single set of gear (body, head, ring, and necklace I believe). I went with half of that and my rogue can now cast all illusion spells for no cost.

I'm still loving this game so much that I haven't even launched Zelda yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    My game is literally unplayable now. Crashes any time between 10-20 minutes after play. Loading takes 4 minutes per room, saving takes just as long. Game file has jumped from 11 MB (already large) to 13 and now 15 MB. Tried uninstalling the patch which the majority of the problems came from. 'This game save has been made using a newer version of the game. Please install the patch.'
    Delete the game data. This will clear the cache, and when you reinstall it, it should work fine. Also, turn off autosave features if you haven't already.

http://kotaku.com/5863694/did-the-sk...worse?autoplay

Not had this one yet. But damn does it look hilarious.

Any word if this has had any effect on PC version?

LOVE AND PEACE

I'm not sure. I updated to 1.02 on my PC, but what really got it running flawlessly was all the monkeying around I did regarding memory, ini tweaks, and a performance mod. It used to crash and have memory leak issues, but increasing its memory usage pretty much fixed that (it was capped at 2 GB before). I haven't run into any performance knocks.

I also haven't run into any (new) hilarious glitches.
    Last edited by Mr. Luffy; December 1st, 2011 at 02:27 AM.

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

no wonder they decided to cut off a complete strangers head who just happened to be in the area

Has anyone else found that mages are stupidly overpowered in this game and can ignore your attacks as they reduce your health to nothing? I have to abuse the engine to beat any mage who's even vaguely above bandit level.

Admittedly I am playing on Master but still!

My guess is that they're giving you problems with ward spells. They go down with enough damage but can just be recast easily enough. The easiest solutions are first to hit them unprepared, then to stagger after that. Third option would be to empty their mana pool I suppose. Simply brute forcing it probably isn't sufficient for beating them on master.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    no wonder they decided to cut off a complete strangers head who just happened to be in the area
    A stranger who illigally crossed the border...

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiyae View Post
    A stranger who illigally crossed the border...
    Illegally crossed the border from one Empire controlled country to another empire controlled country.

But damn the U.S. should take a peg from Skyrim's book then. We would solve our immigrant problem if we beheaded every illegal we found

lol so that's why you're arrested. I honestly couldn't remember why.

Despite the constant freezing I'm almost at a plat. Just gotta escape from Jail and finish the main quests and then done. Hopefully I can get it done soon and painlessly. Everything seems to be crashing the game. Walking around in Windrun, crash. Levelling up, Crash. Entering a store? Craaaash!

Although while grinding some of my spells to get to 50 I accidently made a death waterfall out of Riverwood or whatever it's called. A Ancient Dragon came down and wiped out 90% of the town. So I just tossed them all in the water (after stealing their clothes obviously) I think only the shopkeeper and his sister survived it (and the annoying kids)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information