Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Nominations Thread

Default Re: Nominations Thread

I nominate The News Article Thread/Discussion. Reading all those news and discussing them has been quite interesting. A good thread.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

I would like to nominate the Databook: "One Piece Green" thread for best thread.

http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=29723

A lot of WTF and 'who knew' moments, and a lot of new information came in through that place. A very good thread made all the more awesome by the hard work of the translators and scantalators who spent hours on the databook.
    Everything's Eventual...

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    Zephos, what was the name of that thread where you talked about Oda's "harsh life"?

That should be nominated for Best Thread.
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=28972
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

the world cup thread was a really amazing thread. and it only happens once every 4 years
    WHAT!!!
    GO AWAY!!

With Hiatus x Hiatus, we've reached ten nominations in the Best Thread category. Now accepting nominations for Best Chew-Out.

Keep in mind that that idea is to celebrate the last year of the forum. For threads, it's slightly different since a thread started a long time ago could have decayed massively or made a remarkable improvement in the last year. Best Chew-out and the individual post categories must have happened since Dec. 1, 2009 to be eligible.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Best chew-out: Mama Whitebeard vs. mugiwara

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=28875&page=22

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Best Chew-out and the individual post categories must have happened since Dec. 1, 2009 to be eligible.
    Is this true for all categories or just these 2?

Nomination for best chew-out

Hidden:
    KingCalamari on immature figure collectors:

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?p...84#post1821784

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0344-9293-6833

Mmm, out of the most recent ones...
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=17826&page=169
    Colour Prediction thread fight over wrong skin colour done by a person who's not even on the forums

That was Okama Way!!!!, which I nominated for worst thread.

Hey, what was the one incident where that lady was chewing out that misogynistic guy and it got moved to the 'Wymens: Yay or Nay' thread?
    I kinda liked that.
    It started in the 'Next Two Nakamates' thread if that means anything.

I nominate the way Agog showed everyone.
    One Piece Recaps
    576 577 578 579+580 581 582-584: part 1 part 2
    585-587
    Formerly known as JackVance

Zephos is ineligible for all awards. No debate. Not interested.

Best Chew-Out closed. Best Debate now open.

the answer is synthetic. zachri's Avatar

Best Debate?
    [/thinking]
    curse me for not looking around enough X'D
    srsly...
    I'll wait til the Tournament categories... at least I'm familiar with those ;D
    ...on second thought, Best debate = this thread.
    [/shot for stupidity ; what? peeps are debating nominations, amirite?]

Thou shalt be ended in the name of the League of zachri & the Lawfare arm-y.

For this category do you want a specific debate between two people in a thread? Or can we nominate a general debate that took place as the thread ran its course (for example the arguments for Jinbei joining in the Next Nakamate thread)?

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Best debate as in a good one with good points and counters or just an epic back and forth that entertained all that read?

For the former, I liked all debate in the time skip thread and Sabo thread (before it became evident who was right).

For the latter, shichibukai thread and anybody who argued with Jdsora(sp?) and the Blackbeard Cerebus theory was hilarious.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

It really has to be the Next Nakamates thread. The Perona War specifically. It spanned most of the year and countless posts and had a happy ending. THE must see feel good AP event of 2010.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Moria is dead. Those were kinda fun to read after he was confirmed being alive. The death syndrome caused by the war raised a bit too much expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Airflow View Post
    For this category do you want a specific debate between two people in a thread? Or can we nominate a general debate that took place as the thread ran its course (for example the arguments for Jinbei joining in the Next Nakamate thread)?
    Unless it's a category where the eligible candidates are strictly defined and doesn't violate any rules, it's really up to the person nominating it. The point is that you thought it was a good Debate. Selling others on voting for it is up to you.

My personal take would be that the general debate would take priority, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Best debate as in a good one with good points and counters or just an epic back and forth that entertained all that read?
    Ideally, it'd be both, but, again, I'd say that something that involved more people would take priority over a more limited interaction between two people. If you can get a cohesive debate out of a whole bunch of different people, that's much more impressive than two members butting heads on an issue.

Thread Information