Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SOLVE THE RIDDLE

Default SOLVE THE RIDDLE

I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves me some riddles on this Forum, right? The rules are simple, you make a riddle (one that makes sense, thank you), there's a timelimit on each riddle (3 days in another forum where I go), and after those 3 days, someone else makes a riddle, if someone manages to solve a riddle , he'l have to be the one making the next riddle.

I dunno, sounds like a cool idea, albeit generic, if it gets enough activity, I'm sure this will be a fun thread.

So, I'l start, saw this in another forum I go to:

An eccentric king is on his deathbed and is asked which of his sons he would delegate the kindgdom to. Being the eccentric type of person he was, he did not simply choose the firstborn, but instead issued a challenge, equally eccentric. He decreed that the kingdom would be handed over to the son with the slowest horse. The sons quickly chose the horses among their respective stables that they knew to be the slowest. Of course, it quickly dawned on them that there was no guarantee that the other brother would show integrity in the race, and may very well try to make the horse run more slowly than it was capable of. One of the sons went to the kingdom's wiseman an hour before the race, and asked him, "what can we do in order to insure that the horses are running as quickly as possible." the wiseman thought on this question for a minute, and then responded in two words, at which point, the son left, knowing that the race would be made fair.

What did the wiseman say?
    Last edited by TheMidnightRift; January 2nd, 2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Please don't cheat, derp

the answer is synthetic. zachri's Avatar

Default Re: SOLVE THE RIDDLE

[/reads]
    ; w ; holy crap... errr...
    Two words...
    cannae be 'GIDDY UP', amirite?
    hmmmm...
    lemme think = w =;;

Thou shalt be ended in the name of the League of zachri & the Lawfare arm-y.

Bzzzzzzzzzt, wrong

Don't Cheat .
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Two words... let me see... "bribe them"?

Nope, nope, nope

just race

or be smart

I'l just warn when one person is right instead of spamming the thread each time someone is wrong

That's a good one, I won't cheat, let me think... how about... "the footprint".

Switch horses?
    Quote Originally Posted by xterm
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Thanks Sky for the Avatar

Bingo, Kmohyudin wins.

That was a good one, do you have another?

?????? ?

How does the Wiseman know the speed of two randomly selected horses?
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

If you are asking about why is that the answer, by switching the horses everybody would run the best they can so their horse(which is with another person) wins.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    ?????? ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    How does the Wiseman know the speed of two randomly selected horses?
    After the switch, the sons would be riding each other horses. So, each will try to run as fast as he could to ensure that the horse he is riding on doesn't win.
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

A Pocketful of Coins Captain Hypersock's Avatar
    Swipe your card and enter your PIN to continue.

To be fair, at the start of the race the wiseman could have yelled out in the horse language: "GLUE FACTORY!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijnn. View Post
    Captain Hypersock is now the coolest person in the world.

Next :

Three wise men were seated across a round table. There was a dot painted on each of their foreheads that was either white or black such that each could see the color of the other two, but not his own. They were told that atleast one of them had the color black marked on their forehead, but in actuality all were painted black, but they didn't know. They also were told that whoever correctly figured out the color of the dot on his own forehead would win. For a while no one was able to tell but After some time, the wisest among them correctly guessed his own color. How did he know?
    Last edited by kmohyudin; January 2nd, 2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: ... IS THAT EVEN COMPREHENSIBLE??

He is a wiseman, not Dr. Dolittle.
    Since nobody could reach the answer he realized them was seeing the same as him, and said black?

If he had a white dot, the other two would've known which color they had, but since none of them said anything, he figured he had black, right?

Closed Thread

Thread Information