+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 227 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4531

Thread: Final Fantasy Thread

honk honk<-foxes say this Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Default Re: Final Fantasy Thread

FF10 wouldn't work with FF13's system. The game's plot and characters are all pretty well tied to its already existing system. :\

After they're done with the fabula nova crystallis they should reboot the franchise and just call the next entry final fantasy plain and easy.
    Of course this would be their absolute last chance to redeem themselves.

Although in this world where the charm of Jrpgs is ever dwindling the odds are against them.

honk honk<-foxes say this Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Square Enix says "X is next"

So there's that to look forward to.

Playing through XIII-2 seems to be more of a chore than anything else. It actually kinda makes me miss XIII. Yet I cannot help but play it. Maybe its because aside from a very small selection the PS3 is devoid of JRPGs.

But seriously? Pointless multiple choice additions (not that any of them matter in the slightest) and almost every boss fight being broken up by Quick Time events is just ridiculous. The main chars are pretty dull, Serah's constant whining about missing Lightning or Snow is just tiresome. I suppose its nice seeing how the world has changed over the years and it'll be interesting to see what happened to Sazh but meh.

Kinda makes me sad how this series took a nosedive after X-2 (although some people say thats where it started) and it's not as if Square's other franchises like Dragon Quest are going downhill. Maybe they should remake 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 for the DS/3DS/Vita and look at what they were doing right back then?
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Any sort of Dragon Quests on the Vita would *surprise, actually make it sell in Japan!

Throw in a monster hunter for good measure too.

I have no idea what Capcom intends to do with Mounster Hunter, but they should keep the franschise on the handhelds. I still don't think Tri's choice of platform was a wise move... aside from selling out a console that supposedly sold more than the competion.

Seems they're focusing more on putting Dragon Quest to Nintendo consoles these days. They don't seem to have many other options since it seems they're planning on remaking 7 for the 3DS. Maybe a 8 remake?

I thought a Monster Hunter was already announced for Vita in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Playing through XIII-2 seems to be more of a chore than anything else. It actually kinda makes me miss XIII. Yet I cannot help but play it. Maybe its because aside from a very small selection the PS3 is devoid of JRPGs.

But seriously? Pointless multiple choice additions (not that any of them matter in the slightest) and almost every boss fight being broken up by Quick Time events is just ridiculous. The main chars are pretty dull, Serah's constant whining about missing Lightning or Snow is just tiresome. I suppose its nice seeing how the world has changed over the years and it'll be interesting to see what happened to Sazh but meh.

Kinda makes me sad how this series took a nosedive after X-2 (although some people say thats where it started) and it's not as if Square's other franchises like Dragon Quest are going downhill. Maybe they should remake 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 for the DS/3DS/Vita and look at what they were doing right back then?
    12 was one of the best Final fantasy games ive every played. Im sure 15 will kick the series back into gear....maybe. I'd love it to be a mix between FFX's story and 12's gameplay.

Well as long as they start and put a game in there I'd be happy. Seriously. This one is like walk 10 paces. Cutscene. Go here. Cutscene. Go to the gate cutscene.

Or worse. Travelling to a new Area. Long loading screen, cutscene and then another loading screen to get onto the game.

Honestly. I'm around the 10 hour mark and I think I've actually played about 3. Rest have just been pointless cutscenes

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218042p1.html

Toriyama has stated that Final Fanatsy XIII-2's storyline will be continued (and hopefully concluded) in DLC. So it wouldn't appear, at least at this time, that Square Enix plans to make a Final Fantasy XIII-3.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^ Feel free to add me on either ^

sorry, i know i'm poking my nose in kinda late, but i read this conversation and had to get in
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    It's cute when FFVI fans nostalgia over their first Final Fantasy the way that FFVII fans do and act like they're not doing something differently
    except for the MOST part the FF7 fans are little ass farts who never even tried 6, where as the 6 fans HAVE played both. I think that's a lot of what bothers me over 7 is that it's raised up like it's some godly game and it's not. It's not terrible, but it was disappointing. at least to me it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Maybe if I'd played FF7 in 1997 like everyone else I'd like it more. I enjoyed it okay, but the graphics were hard to take even as early as 2000. FF8 and FF9 aged much better in that regard.

Also the whole "Aeris dies thing" was kind of well known pretty fast and that was supposed to be a major game twisting surprise, rather than just inevitable, I guess.

Loved Red XIII though. Big surprise.
    no, I played it when it came out and I hated the graphics then too. I was like, what's the point of this new graphic technology if it looks like shit. Also why I chose the PSX over the 64 back in the day, cause I thought the 64's block graphics looked like shit and I couldn't take it seriously. (and ha ha, ya, I liked redxiii too)

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Oh yeah Red was great, on that note: Cosmo Canyon best song in FF history prove me wrong oh sorry you can't case closed fukkin owned im the bomb

It's the only thing I can actually play on any instrument ever because I will fingerbang the fuck out of anything until Cosmo Canyon falls out of it
    it's good, but not my favorite. I don't think I HAVE a favorite, but not cosmos. it's definatly up there though.

ooh, you know a catchy tune that's usually overlooked is this one from 6. (ya, I'm gonna fangirl a bit here, ok)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorikai33 View Post

Toriyama has stated that Final Fanatsy XIII-2's storyline will be continued (and hopefully concluded) in DLC. So it wouldn't appear, at least at this time, that Square Enix plans to make a Final Fantasy XIII-3.
    Square Enix: Hah! An ending!? If you'll want an ending, you'll better be ready to fork over some more money!
    Last edited by Zack; February 6th, 2012 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorikai33 View Post

And they wonder why we buy our games used.

Wait. You mean 13-2... doesn't have an ending or resolution?

Just... flat out doesn't have one?

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

That's the jist of it. It ends with a "To Be Continued" screen apparently.

PSN: Ryuunaga
    , Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

Insert Disc 3.

That would be 60 dollars.

If only they had thought of that during the PS1 days^

Congrats SE on becoming the new DICE and EA.

Pretty much. It throws an ending at you, but right at the part the credits should start rolling it goes "PSYCHE!" and undoes the entirety of the past 15 minutes and forces it into a lame cliffhanger.

If you really wanna know, read this spoiler tag:

Spoiler:
    Noel and Serah find Lightning, who tells her it isn't time for them to be together yet and Lightning runs off to fight the antagonist of the game. The antagonist defeats lightning and puts her into a frozen sleep. Noel and Serah defeat the antagonist and celebrate... then Serah suddenly has a vision of the future that kills her.

Yes, she dies, right there.

Noel mourns, the sky turns black, the antagonist comes back to life. Fade in to Lightning sitting in a chair frozen, followed by a "To be continued..." screen.

Yyyyyeeeeeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Pretty much. It throws an ending at you, but right at the part the credits should start rolling it goes "PSYCHE!" and undoes the entirety of the past 15 minutes and forces it into a lame cliffhanger.

If you really wanna know, read this spoiler tag:

Spoiler:
    Noel and Serah find Lightning, who tells her it isn't time for them to be together yet and Lightning runs off to fight the antagonist of the game. The antagonist defeats lightning and puts her into a frozen sleep. Noel and Serah defeat the antagonist and celebrate... then Serah suddenly has a vision of the future that kills her.

Yes, she dies, right there.

Noel mourns, the sky turns black, the antagonist comes back to life. Fade in to Lightning sitting in a chair frozen, followed by a "To be continued..." screen.

Yyyyyeeeeeep.

Fun game......
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information