+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 227 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 4531

Thread: Final Fantasy Thread

Default Re: Final Fantasy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Have you played 13-2?
    I love how people keep asking me this, when for me to be able to play through 13-2, I have to play through 13.

What is so different about 13-2 that means that I have to play through all of 13 to get to? How is it an improvement? Please tell me.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Who needs an ending when you have Cloud!

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I love how people keep asking me this, when for me to be able to play through 13-2, I have to play through 13.

What is so different about 13-2 that means that I have to play through all of 13 to get to? How is it an improvement? Please tell me.
    You get a crappy plot and annoying characters? Seriously. if you want a good time travel game both Chrono Trigger and Radiant Historia are there. If you want a good SquareEnix game both Nier and Dragonquest are there.

13-2 is so bad it's certainly not worth going through 13 for. Even if 13 is better.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

No Final Fantasy can be as bad as Mystic Quest. That was just... ugh.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    Who needs an ending when you have Cloud!
    FF7 had a cliff hanger too.

Everything hurts.

I am saying how do know if it's a good game or not if you haven't played it. It's like calling a sequel to movie bad without seeing because you hated the first one. Your not giving a fair chance. And reallly you don't even need to play 13 to play this game.

I am saying how do know if it's a good game or not if you haven't played it. It's like calling a sequel to movie bad without seeing because you hated the first one. Your not giving a fair chance. And reallly you don't even need to play 13 to play this.
    But if I absolutely hated the first game, what incentive to I have to buy the sequel besides "You're giving it poor judgment" do I have?

Don't worry about it. Either way, I'm going to buy the sequel someday, since I'm going to force myself through both cause I'm a masochist or something.

Either way, they shouldn't be relying on characters from past games to improve on their game. I'd rather they remake FF5 and FF6 for the 3DS than put their villains in FFXIII-2, but you know, that takes things like....effort.

But if I absolutely hated the first game, what incentive to I have to buy the sequel besides "You're giving it poor judgment" do I have?

Don't worry about it. Either way, I'm going to buy the sequel someday, since I'm going to force myself through both cause I'm a masochist or something.

Either way, they shouldn't be relying on characters from past games to improve on their game. I'd rather they remake FF5 and FF6 for the 3DS than put their villains in FFXIII-2, but you know, that takes things like....effort.
    I don't see how this dlc improves the game.This dlc comes across as fanservice offering old charcters from past games to older fans of the series.

I don't see how this dlc improves the game.This dlc comes across as fanservice offering old charcters from past games to older fans of the series.
    How many of those are still around?

Lifecycle of the FF thread:

-updated about upcoming game
    -everyone bitches about upcoming game/ some are cautious yet hopeful
    -Conversation segues into all out critique of franchise and square-enix as a whole
    -Everyone starts talking about older final fantasy games
    -Topic turns to discussion/debate about favorite/best final fantasy
    -Updated on new game (go back to top)/New game comes out (continue reading)

-posters express feelings for new title in several sub steps that take place over time
    (A) it's good but I dunno
    (B) Final Fantasy__ was better
    (C) Meta game talk while posters are playing (tactics, dungeon's, weapons, secrets, levels, etc)
    (D) FUCK THAT ENDING
    (E) On second thought... fuck the entire game...
    -Overall disappointment for new final fantasy game
    -Conversation segues into all out critique of franchise and square-enix as a whole
    -Everyone starts talking about older final fantasy games
    -Topic turns to discussion/debate about favorite/best final fantasy
    -updated about upcoming game

I'm not hating, for I've participated in this process... but I just find it hilarious.
    Last edited by Gekko135; March 1st, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

But how can you say "Fuck that ending!" to XIII-2 when there isn't one?

Touche... ummmm....

then just skip to the criticizing square enix step

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    How many of those are still around?
    A lot seeing that FF games still sell.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    But how can you say "Fuck that ending!" to XIII-2 when there isn't one?
    Alright I really don't want to defend this game but I have too. This game story has an end to it. It's about Serah and Noel beliving that if they can stop Caius that will save the world...and it doesn't work out so well but this game story has an end. The DLC are just piece of storys that happen during the game and maybe after the game. I don't see this as being so bad because other games have done this. Mass effect 2 recent dlc, quest for botty, Dragon age orgins, or even Prince of percia where they sold you am epilouge.

There's a difference between selling an epilogue, due to not finishing it by release date, but still containing a solid ending in the plain game itself, and making a game with no ending unless you wait for DLC you have to pay for.

FF7 had a cliff hanger too.
    What exactly was left hanging, other than vagaries of "And then this character went on to do X with the rest of their life?"

It resolved the plot, stopped Shinra, Sephiroth, and the meteor, and showed the world survived (Which was a separate problem from meteor.) And we got plenty of Red XIII.

It may not have been a lengthy half hour ending with each character getting one last moment to shine like in parts 4 or 6 like folks wanted, but it did have an ending and resolved all its issues. (Squeezed in sequels aside.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    Lifecycle of the FF thread:
    Its kind of like the Sonic cycle.

In both cases I've given up on the franchises ever being what I want again, so I've stopped caring. (Or at the very least, hoping) It makes things easier.
    Last edited by Robby; March 1st, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    What exactly was left hanging, other than vagaries of "And then this character went on to do X with the rest of the life?"

It resolved the plot, stopped shinra, Sephiroth, and the meteor, and showed the world survived (Which was a seperate problem from meteor.) And we got plenty of Red XIII.

It may not have been a length half hour ending with each character getting one last moment to shine like in parts 4 or 6 like folks wanted, but it did have an ending and resolved all its issues. (Squeezed in sequels aside.)

Its kind of like the Sonic cycle.

In both cases I've given up on the franchises ever being what I want again, so I've stopped caring. (Or at the very least, hoping) It makes things easier.
    Okay, good point with the ending, actually.

And I can't compare this to the Sonic series.

I don't want Final Fantasy games to be like past games. I just want them to be good, and FFXIII wasn't. If they want to go back and redo something they did in the past, sure, great. But I get why they want to do new things, and it's good for them to do new things. Just....make sure they're good.

Also, I really, really, really, really, really, really love Sonic Generations.

After finally getting Sonic CD like 15 years later I finally realized I'll never be happy with a Sonic game again, and that's it me, not them. So, I gave up and don't care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Just out of curiosity, which Final Fantasy game was the one that made you stop caring?

My last real Final Fantasy concern was "I sure hope XIV recoups when 2.0 drops because they have some pretty balls to the wall awesome ideas to make it not suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Just out of curiosity, which Final Fantasy game was the one that made you stop caring?
    As far back as 8 and Chrono Cross on the PS1 the cracks were starting to show. Where I liked a lot of it, but was also unsatisfied with a lot of it. I really actively disliked and hated nearly everything about 10, and it was almost the last straw(But I loved 9 and enjoyed X-2, so there was balance) and I really, REALLY wanted to love 12, but it failed in a lot of ways and I was pretty much done at that point. Toss in Dragon Quest 9 being blech, and everything I've read about 13 makes me certain I'm not interested, just further enhancing the stuff I don't like and having even less of what I enjoyed.

I never actually finished 10 or 12, but I suppose 13 being the first one I've opted not to even bother with and have no interest in makes it the official point. (Well, no interest in the online games either.)

They've kept me reasonably in their graces with the PSP games for the last several years, mostly.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information