+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 225 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 4493

Thread: Final Fantasy Thread

Default Re: Final Fantasy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    There's a difference between selling an epilogue, due to not finishing it by release date, but still containing a solid ending in the plain game itself, and making a game with no ending unless you wait for DLC you have to pay for.
    I don't see why you say this game doesn't have an ending.....it does!!!!!! The story the game tells has a ending....all this dlc that suspose to take afterwords will just sets the events for ff13-3....and this isn't the only game to do this. There was Ratchet and Clank tools of descruction, Mass effect 2, and even Fallout 3 DLC takes place after the game ends.

Didn't they say there would be no XIII-3? And there was an article on here saying that the real ending to the game would be future DLC. And I can't think of any game that's made the basic ending to the game DLC, and it's a dick move on Square's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    I don't see why you say this game doesn't have an ending.....it does!!!!!! The story the game tells has a ending....all this dlc that suspose to take afterwords will just sets the events for ff13-3....and this isn't the only game to do this. There was Ratchet and Clank tools of descruction, Mass effect 2, and even Fallout 3 DLC takes place after the game ends.
    Notice how Fallout 3's ending was horrible?

Fallout 3's ending was horrible, but it was still an ending.

Either way I think Lord Monkey D. doesn't know the difference between an ending and an epilogue.

Didn't they say there would be no XIII-3? And there was an article on here saying that the real ending to the game would be future DLC. And I can't think of any game that's made the basic ending to the game DLC, and it's a dick move on Square's part.
    Dude SE trademark 13-3 like months ago. And are they suspose to say we have a sequel coming right after the new game comes out...no..no one does that. All they said was that the to be contiune ending doesn't mean there will be 13-3 but it Could be DLC.

Gamefreak also trademarks random pokemon game names, doesn't mean they make them. It's to stop other companies from doing it instead.

Gamefreak also trademarks random pokemon game names, doesn't mean they make them. It's to stop other companies from doing it instead.
    Why when they own the name to the pokemon series?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by WarshipArc View Post
    Notice how Fallout 3's ending was horrible?
    I know it was horrible but the story they told ended. I am not talking about the quality of the ending I am here to say it has a ending. Heck I don't like the ending to 13-2.

My friend who played the game said yeah it WAS ending

then it didn't and it sincerely cliffhangers

everyone says it has no ending and I trust them

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    My friend who played the game said yeah it WAS ending

then it didn't and it sincerely cliffhangers

everyone says it has no ending and I trust them
    Yes it's has a cliffhanger ending and it's opening up for dlc or a whole new game. But the main story of this game ends.
    Last edited by Lord Monkey D.; March 1st, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

I stopped caring when I discovered developers that weren't Square. I respected Enix as a publisher at one time, and I can't really bad mouth them, or blame the merge for their undoing. It's really just Square losing their prime, and old developers.
    There was a time were they seemed like they really loved making games. But those were simpler times. The ambition is probably still there, but there's just so many factors that come to mind with development and releasing a final product to the market.

This is just mere observation, but what I see with current FF titles is them being more movies while gameplay is just an add-on, or process to advance the movie. I can also say it's the result of lazy development, but when I look at their smaller titles that's released on handhelds, I can't help but think otherwise. They are obviously cutting back, which is shame. Not that I mind. There's developers I follow that are beyond Square's old and current prime anyway.

No, the main story looks like it's going to end, then it just doesn't. A cliffhanger works if there is a confirmed sequel, but not if you're adding it on a DLC later.

Hey guys XIII as a whole sucks ass let's talk about games that do have endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    I stopped caring when I discovered developers that weren't Square. I respected Enix as a publisher at one time, and I can't really bad mouth them, or blame the merge for their undoing. It's really just Square losing their prime, and old developers.
    There was a time were they seemed like they really loved making games. But those were simpler times. The ambition is probably still there, but there's just so many factors that come to mind with development and releasing a final product to the market.

This is just mere observation, but what I see with current FF titles is them being more movies while gameplay is just an add-on, or process to advance the movie. I can also say it's the result of lazy development, but when I look at their smaller titles that's released on handhelds, I can't help but think otherwise. They are obviously cutting back, which is shame. Not that I mind. There's developers I follow that are beyond Square's old and current prime anyway.
    I agree Square needs to figure out what they need to do and do it or else they are going to get left behind.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

No, the main story looks like it's going to end, then it just doesn't. A cliffhanger works if there is a confirmed sequel, but not if you're adding it on a DLC later.
    I guess the confusion is coming that yes this game does not have an ending since there going to be some sort of sequel to it....but the story of this part of the trilogy or whatever has an ending and that what I am defending.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218042p1.html

It says in this article that the story isn't finished, and will be continued in DLC. That means it does not have an ending. That should be the end of this argument.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218042p1.html

It says in this article that the story isn't finished, and will be continued in DLC. That means it does not have an ending. That should be the end of this argument.
    I know. The main story of this trilogy does not end..but that's not what I am defending.

Can we please talk about something else.....how about type zero?

It says the story for XIII-2 will conclude through dlc. That means you'll have to pay 30+ dollars to get the ending to this game

I decided I didn't care about FF after 12. I was losing interest after I traded in 10 (something unthinkable to me for previous games ) and skipped x-2 after playing like an hour of it. Didn't give a damn about 11 and 12 just wasn't what I thought (despite being a good game... it let me down. Didn't even finish it).

13 was the same case.. and by the time 13-2 was announced, I had realized it wasn't so much the quality or my expectations, but the fact that I just didn't really like the JRPG genre anymore. It all just feels the same to me.

just kinda started FFXIII weeks ago and right now the Battle Paradigim system is a little annoying.. so far the game isnt too bad in terms of gameplay and battle mode..but the gil systems isnt good due to little gil increases at a time

Also bought Origins.. I like it but whats the difference between the PSP/GBA/PSX versions?
    Last edited by KaizokuFan22; March 1st, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

http://www.finalfantasy.jp/ff25th/

Wonder what they got planned.......FFVXIII media blowout?

I know I said I'd get back to you all once I finish the game, but since I love dolling out the FFIX hate, I'd just like to say Fuck the Hippaul Racing minigame! I mean, I hate button-mashing minigames as it is, but this, just........fucking THIS! Actually it's not even just a button-masher, it's one of those games where you have to alternate pressing two buttons!

So apparently you have to get to level 80 if you want to get the rare, one-time-only key item. I stopped at level 50 and I thought even that was ludicrous. And yes, I know it's just a sidequest and it doesn't need to be done, but the programmers still put in there with the expectation that you would discover it and play it if you so choose, and you would enjoy it. Yeah, nothing says enjoyment like alternately mashing buttons as fast as you can 64 times in a row, and that's not even counting the countless dozens of other times that you'll inevitably fail at it.

Oh, and did I mention this even a game that you can try and then come back to later in that game. Nope, there's only a very small window in the game in which you can play, so if you want to get that one-time-only rare item, be prepared for the delightful and rewarding experience of alternately mashing buttons for what will most likely be several hours, without being able to do anything else, least of all proceeding with the game!

And no, this is of course not the first time Squeenix has pulled this shit with their minigames and sidequests. Hey guys, here's an idea, try making a minigame that's challenging, but fun. Don't put in the games that came out of Satan's toychest. What the FUCK were they thinking?!

I dunno. Maybe I just suck at button-mashers (sorry, "alternate" button-mashers).

Other than that, this game just keeps getting better and better (and I mean that sincerely).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information