I really loved that game and no special will be ever better than Lionheart... And th GF's Systeme was really unique as well
At the subbed trailer... Well now the story seems very interesting
Eh, I've been watching a playthrough of XIII on-and-off over the past few months, and it's really not that difficult to follow. Entities called fal'Cie grant people magic powers (at least in the case of the party) in order to complete a specific task, these ''l'Cie'' turn into crystal if they succeed, turn into a monster called a Cie'th if they fail. Government fears l'Cie and exiles them. Party get turned into l'Cie, try to figure out what they need to do and rescue/reunite with their loved ones. Not hard.
Well, where I last left off the Big Bad pretty much straight-out told them their Focus, and it was the complete opposite of what they (or at least Snow) had assumed. Basically they were just assuming, and had no concrete proof. I think it was even mentioned that most l'Cie fail their Focuses simply because they can't figure out what it is. They're on their own as far as that's concerned.You're right it's not that hard, but how do they figure out their "Focus"?
Why do these threads always turn into turf wars over preferred FFs and FFs people should hate(otherwise you suck or have to explain yourself)? Anywayz...
Last edited by Hiroy; January 19th, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
2) I thought XII was a great game, but we weren't discussing XII were we? That's what I thought.
3) What was wrong with Laguna's plan in VIII? If you found a flaw I'd like to hear it.
4) No, they don't become crystals because of the power of friendship.
Square-Enix is a corporation so any idiot knows that money is part of it, but it takes an intelligent party to know that Square-Enix understands that money while being part of the equation, is not THE equation. It's refreshing to find a company that not only stands by their products but who consistently and faithfully try to give as much to the fans as the fans give to them. I put my money behind Square-Enix because they put their product behind me. Any other questions or are we done here?
Yeah that's what I thought. Play my music.
2) Almost every game, every manga, every anime, every movie, ever made has something to do with the crew being saved by the power of friendship. Different titles add different details, change the subtleties and all that most of them follow the same thread, the same focus (pun intended). The only thing that really changes is how that's done. For example, all this friendship and bonds BS in Naruto is like the lamest. In Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's though it's actually pretty empowering. In the same vein while the gang was saved by the power of friendship, it wasn't shoved down our throats. You can take issue with the presentation, but you can't take issue with XIII alone in this one meager aspect when so many thousands of other works address friendship in similar ways.
What else have you got for me?
Doesn't mean that FF13 is a bad game, but nothing spectacular. Still interested in its second instalment, but...I'm getting Aqua-vibes from Lightnings outfit.
Next. In my opinion Growlanser wasn't good, it was a cool idea, but I didn't like it. The part of Atlus I want supported more is the SMT games.
Fine allow me to "try" and make a decent point here at isn't just me "hating" on something.
I have at least tried every main series Final Fantasy made except XIV. Let me start with this FF1-4 were all steps forward for the franchise. I can't say much for 5 except that I didn't enjoy it. 6 is my favorite. (note that I didn't say "best") Now let's move on to the start of the 3D FF games. FFVII was okay. The flaw with it is that Sephiroth's decent to madness was not displayed as well as Kefka's and in the end the Aeris' whole plan backfires and then somehow from beyond the grave the world gets saved by Aeris all in a matter of 30 seconds. I don't need to mention FFVIII again, look at my previous posts. FFIX had great music I will give it that. My problem with it is Necron comes from nowhere...he is hardly if not never mentioned and the battle system eventually becomes you trying to just use LV4 (or 5 can't remember) death on grand dragons to level up. FFX like we said doesn't need to be mentioned. FFXI I got to try once. I can't say much for it, but from what I did play, it wasn't as good as other MMO's like WoW, also I didn't like the new battle system. XII had the same battle system as XI and I don't like it like I said. Next XII pretty much can play itself. You just have to walk place to place and then you watch the battles happen. You could try playing it like a normal FF but you will fail on 90% of the bosses. This also stand with my previous statements about XII. Now XIII I thought they improved the battle system, but it's still not what it used to be. XIII had a story that is on par with FFX and Vanille was the single most annoying character I have ever seen in a game...and I've seen some pretty annoying characters (Try playing Persona 4 and not find Teddy annoying). Like you said I'm only one person, but I'm not the only one who thinks these things.
Numbers don't mean anything to me. ICO only sold 700,000 units worldwide, that's not a good number. Yet it's a masterpiece of a game. FFX sold 6.32 million units worldwide, yet it's bad. I would think that most people would have noticed by now that Squenix is just saying "Watch what we can get these people to buy". Clearly you don't understand business either. Video games are art in my mind, BUT all companies should know that money needs to come before artistic value of a game. That is something that people seem to miss. These companies don't care about its "Legions" of fans. They care about the money they can make from these "Legions" of idiots that don't do too much research before buying their games.
1) You are quiet right, thank you for helping my own argument on a different thread.
2) That's the biggest bunch of crap I've ever heard. YES Naruto has BS friendship bonds, but I don't think Yu-Gi-Oh could do anything right, especially 5D's (Card games on motorcycles bro). Now then I'm not trying to tug XIII down. Yes other media outlets use this crappy excuse and you know what. THEY ARE ALL CRAPPY. Take Persona 3 for example. Great game...until the true ending where the power of the bonds you've made create a seal that prevents Nyx from destroying the world...that's crap. It doesn't matter the context...unless there is a decent excuse along with the friendship card, it's crap.
There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)