+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 227 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 4531

Thread: Final Fantasy Thread

Default Re: Final Fantasy VERSUS III Only for Ps 3

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    The wasn't that good but in my eyes it is the best FF since FFVII and VIII.

Final Fantasy XII was good as well but dunno... it hasn't hyped me. XIII was really good in my eyes too but the story wasn't the best as well.

To be honest I mostly like all the games of the main series but my fav is VIII and always will be. Sadly I'm more or less alone with that

But to each to their own
    You aren't alone. I know a couple other people who think VIII is good, but I do have 2 things I need to say.
    1) Do you remember Laguna's plan to save the world?
    2) Did you ever play any of the first 6 FF?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronon View Post
    You aren't alone. I know a couple other people who think VIII is good, but I do have 2 things I need to say.
    1) Do you remember Laguna's plan to save the world?
    2) Did you ever play any of the first 6 FF?
    Of course I played all of them and to be honest right now I can't remember the plan... but dunno FF8 is the game which hooked me the post back then.

I really loved that game and no special will be ever better than Lionheart... And th GF's Systeme was really unique as well

At the subbed trailer... Well now the story seems very interesting

Of course I played all of them and to be honest right now I can't remember the plan... but dunno FF8 is the game which hooked me the post back then.

I really loved that game and no special will be ever better than Lionheart... And th GF's Systeme was really unique as well

At the subbed trailer... Well now the story seems very interesting
    Fair enough, I respect your opinion but let me jog your memory.
    Laguna's plan to stop Ultimecia from crushing time was to LET HER CRUSH TIME, and then hope that Squall and co. survive. How are they going to survive? By believing in themselves...yeah.

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2....in 2011

Eh, I've been watching a playthrough of XIII on-and-off over the past few months, and it's really not that difficult to follow. Entities called fal'Cie grant people magic powers (at least in the case of the party) in order to complete a specific task, these ''l'Cie'' turn into crystal if they succeed, turn into a monster called a Cie'th if they fail. Government fears l'Cie and exiles them. Party get turned into l'Cie, try to figure out what they need to do and rescue/reunite with their loved ones. Not hard.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Fair enough, I respect your opinion but let me jog your memory.
    Laguna's plan to stop Ultimecia from crushing time was to LET HER CRUSH TIME, and then hope that Squall and co. survive. How are they going to survive? By believing in themselves...yeah.
    Hehe right there was something strange there but still I will always love it

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Eh, I've been watching a playthrough of XIII on-and-off over the past few months, and it's really not that difficult to follow. Entities called fal'Cie grant people magic powers (at least in the case of the party) in order to complete a specific task, these ''l'Cie'' turn into crystal if they succeed, turn into a monster called a Cie'th if they fail. Government fears l'Cie and exiles them. Party get turned into l'Cie, try to figure out what they need to do and rescue/reunite with their loved ones. Not hard.
    You're right it's not that hard, but how do they figure out their "Focus"? Their "Focus" is nothing more then images that flash in their heads. Let me us an example. Let us say the real world (the one we exist in) has this XIII l'Cie problem. As my focus I see an image of JFK. What am I supposed to do with that? Do I kill JFK? Do I befriend JFK? Do I save JFK's life? Do I vote for JFK in the next election? You see the problem here? How am I supposed to figure out what my focus means when it's just a bunch of images?

Hehe right there was something strange there but still I will always love it
    Fair enough, I didn't expect to change your opinion, just wanted to remind you why people dislike FFVIII, oh and "Eyes on Me" doesn't help either.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    During the first 30 minutes of XIII, I felt so confused and I knew nothing unless you read the datalog.
    That's WHY they put the datalog in the game!

Spoiler:

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

You're right it's not that hard, but how do they figure out their "Focus"?
    Well, where I last left off the Big Bad pretty much straight-out told them their Focus, and it was the complete opposite of what they (or at least Snow) had assumed. Basically they were just assuming, and had no concrete proof. I think it was even mentioned that most l'Cie fail their Focuses simply because they can't figure out what it is. They're on their own as far as that's concerned.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post

Yeah but as I said, I didnt even read the datalog and I knew what was going on. Everything does get explained fairly early on.

XBL: SympathyX PSN: CTD-SympathyX 3DS: 0344-9267-0120
    Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Well, where I last left off the Big Bad pretty much straight-out told them their Focus, and it was the complete opposite of what they (or at least Snow) had assumed. Basically they were just assuming, and had no concrete proof. I think it was even mentioned that most l'Cie fail their Focuses simply because they can't figure out what it is. They're on their own as far as that's concerned.
    Okay...but how does the "big bad" know their focus? Furthermore, it doesn't change the fact that the party is saved by the power of friendship.

Why do these threads always turn into turf wars over preferred FFs and FFs people should hate(otherwise you suck or have to explain yourself)? Anywayz...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Versus is the game that would either renew or destroy my interest in FF forever. Either way, I win.

Edit: The combat's camera looks terrible. I hope that you are able to zoom and spin at will, otherwise I just hope it does not get in the way too much. It does not remind me of KH, but more of a hybrid of FF12, and Crisis Core's battle system with a bit more freedom. In a way, it also reminds me of a much more improved build of tri-Ace's Infinite Undiscovery. The gameplay seems linear... This alone worries me. I would not mind if it was more of an action gauntlet like DMC, but break sessions like towns an interaction with the world in-between main-events would be nice.

That said, it looks really fun. If there's alot to do like collecting items, learning skills, crafting gear and more, this would be the best FF in a long time. I stopped playing the games since 12.
    I know it's an early build and things will change(compare ff13's first trailer to the shit in the actual game), but I have hopes that I'll enjoy it. Even if the camera is still an issue, it could be still playable like Infinite Undiscovery was.
    Last edited by Hiroy; January 19th, 2011 at 12:43 PM.

Cool Re: Final Fantasy VERSUS III Only for Ps 3

So you were impressed by X-2? What about XII? Not to mention XIII, XIII had a plot point more retarded then Laguna's plan in VIII. In XIII they don't become a crystal because of the power of friendship...really?
    1) Let me stop you before you go on a tangent. I didn't say I was impressed by X-2's story. What I actually said was that its story was better than X's. Although that's not saying much.

2) I thought XII was a great game, but we weren't discussing XII were we? That's what I thought.

3) What was wrong with Laguna's plan in VIII? If you found a flaw I'd like to hear it.

4) No, they don't become crystals because of the power of friendship.

I say we support Atlus with our hard earned money!!
    I've always supported Atlus, just not as faithfully as Square-Enix. While on the subject though, Working Designs (Growlanser) can definitely use some more play from our dollars as well. If we're going to pass the buck (around that is) then we need to show some support for the creators of Growlanser.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Square Enix is a soul eating monstrosity.

For every good series that dangles from it's lips such as Dragon Quest or at least relative originality in The World Ends With You or Nier, we get vapid and terrible Final Fantasies.
    That's merely the opinion of one person which really doesn't count for much compared to legions of fans loyal to Final Fantasy. You may claim that we're getting terrible Final Fantasies but I think that numbers disagree with you as well as the hundreds of thousands of people in the Final Fantasy army. So I'll humor you. T.I. said haters need to get on their jobs so I'll give you some hours. Prove to me that the latest slew of Final Fantasies have been terrible. I would thank you not to cite X because most of us know that game was crap. But apart from X, prove to me that the series has degraded. If you've a point to make then make it. If not I'll destroy any ridiculous argument you can bring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Why is Square Enix the place to put your money behind exactly?
    Because they believe in their products and they're loyal to their fans. Contrary to the way LucasArts or Microsoft might do things, Square-Enix doesn't forget who is paying them at the end of the day. They know they work for us and their creative teams work harder than any other in the business. Sure they don't always strikes oil and sometimes they make a game that totally blows (X) but at the core they are working towards ways to improve gaming and just ensure that we all have a great time and learn something about ourselves and about our world through their games.

Square-Enix is a corporation so any idiot knows that money is part of it, but it takes an intelligent party to know that Square-Enix understands that money while being part of the equation, is not THE equation. It's refreshing to find a company that not only stands by their products but who consistently and faithfully try to give as much to the fans as the fans give to them. I put my money behind Square-Enix because they put their product behind me. Any other questions or are we done here?

Yeah that's what I thought. Play my music.

[youtube]4rWPTjuesMY&playnext[/youtube]

Okay...but how does the "big bad" know their focus? Furthermore, it doesn't change the fact that the party is saved by the power of friendship.
    1) How did Sephiroth know where the black materia was located? How did Sephiroth even know the black materia existed or even what it did? How did Sephiroth know about the impact crater from eons ago when no one else did? How did Seymour know that Sin was Jecht? How did Seymour know it was even possible to become one with Sin? How did Judge Bergan know where to find Ashe and the crew? How did Judge Gabranth know where to find them? How does the big bad know anything? You want answers go read a trope.

2) Almost every game, every manga, every anime, every movie, ever made has something to do with the crew being saved by the power of friendship. Different titles add different details, change the subtleties and all that most of them follow the same thread, the same focus (pun intended). The only thing that really changes is how that's done. For example, all this friendship and bonds BS in Naruto is like the lamest. In Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's though it's actually pretty empowering. In the same vein while the gang was saved by the power of friendship, it wasn't shoved down our throats. You can take issue with the presentation, but you can't take issue with XIII alone in this one meager aspect when so many thousands of other works address friendship in similar ways.

What else have you got for me?

Spoiler:
    And that is bad story telling if I have to check the datalog to fully understand the meaning or what emotions they felt during a cutscene, which I didn't even grasp because they failed to get them across.

Doesn't mean that FF13 is a bad game, but nothing spectacular. Still interested in its second instalment, but...I'm getting Aqua-vibes from Lightnings outfit.

1) Let me stop you before you go on a tangent. I didn't say I was impressed by X-2's story. What I actually said was that its story was better than X's. Although that's not saying much.

2) I thought XII was a great game, but we weren't discussing XII were we? That's what I thought.

3) What was wrong with Laguna's plan in VIII? If you found a flaw I'd like to hear it.

4) No, they don't become crystals because of the power of friendship.

I've always supported Atlus, just not as faithfully as Square-Enix. While on the subject though, Working Designs (Growlanser) can definitely use some more play from our dollars as well. If we're going to pass the buck (around that is) then we need to show some support for the creators of Growlanser.

That's merely the opinion of one person which really doesn't count for much compared to legions of fans loyal to Final Fantasy. You may claim that we're getting terrible Final Fantasies but I think that numbers disagree with you as well as the hundreds of thousands of people in the Final Fantasy army. So I'll humor you. T.I. said haters need to get on their jobs so I'll give you some hours. Prove to me that the latest slew of Final Fantasies have been terrible. I would thank you not to cite X because most of us know that game was crap. But apart from X, prove to me that the series has degraded. If you've a point to make then make it. If not I'll destroy any ridiculous argument you can bring to me.

Because they believe in their products and they're loyal to their fans. Contrary to the way LucasArts or Microsoft might do things, Square-Enix doesn't forget who is paying them at the end of the day. They know they work for us and their creative teams work harder than any other in the business. Sure they don't always strikes oil and sometimes they make a game that totally blows (X) but at the core they are working towards ways to improve gaming and just ensure that we all have a great time and learn something about ourselves and about our world through their games.

Square-Enix is a corporation so any idiot knows that money is part of it, but it takes an intelligent party to know that Square-Enix understands that money while being part of the equation, is not THE equation. It's refreshing to find a company that not only stands by their products but who consistently and faithfully try to give as much to the fans as the fans give to them. I put my money behind Square-Enix because they put their product behind me. Any other questions or are we done here?

Yeah that's what I thought. Play my music.

[youtube]4rWPTjuesMY&playnext[/youtube]
    Wow, you take my "Ignorant Prick of the day" award, congrats. Now then, I already said the problem to Laguna's plan. Maybe you should read before you go off like that. XII's "main protagonist" was an after thought, Basch was supposed to be the main character, but the team changed their mind. Long story short. You can tell that Vaan doesn't fit well. I just read the plot synopsis to XIII. So I was slightly off, they don't become crystals due to sheer motivation...that's not any better.

Next. In my opinion Growlanser wasn't good, it was a cool idea, but I didn't like it. The part of Atlus I want supported more is the SMT games.

Fine allow me to "try" and make a decent point here at isn't just me "hating" on something.
    I have at least tried every main series Final Fantasy made except XIV. Let me start with this FF1-4 were all steps forward for the franchise. I can't say much for 5 except that I didn't enjoy it. 6 is my favorite. (note that I didn't say "best") Now let's move on to the start of the 3D FF games. FFVII was okay. The flaw with it is that Sephiroth's decent to madness was not displayed as well as Kefka's and in the end the Aeris' whole plan backfires and then somehow from beyond the grave the world gets saved by Aeris all in a matter of 30 seconds. I don't need to mention FFVIII again, look at my previous posts. FFIX had great music I will give it that. My problem with it is Necron comes from nowhere...he is hardly if not never mentioned and the battle system eventually becomes you trying to just use LV4 (or 5 can't remember) death on grand dragons to level up. FFX like we said doesn't need to be mentioned. FFXI I got to try once. I can't say much for it, but from what I did play, it wasn't as good as other MMO's like WoW, also I didn't like the new battle system. XII had the same battle system as XI and I don't like it like I said. Next XII pretty much can play itself. You just have to walk place to place and then you watch the battles happen. You could try playing it like a normal FF but you will fail on 90% of the bosses. This also stand with my previous statements about XII. Now XIII I thought they improved the battle system, but it's still not what it used to be. XIII had a story that is on par with FFX and Vanille was the single most annoying character I have ever seen in a game...and I've seen some pretty annoying characters (Try playing Persona 4 and not find Teddy annoying). Like you said I'm only one person, but I'm not the only one who thinks these things.

Numbers don't mean anything to me. ICO only sold 700,000 units worldwide, that's not a good number. Yet it's a masterpiece of a game. FFX sold 6.32 million units worldwide, yet it's bad. I would think that most people would have noticed by now that Squenix is just saying "Watch what we can get these people to buy". Clearly you don't understand business either. Video games are art in my mind, BUT all companies should know that money needs to come before artistic value of a game. That is something that people seem to miss. These companies don't care about its "Legions" of fans. They care about the money they can make from these "Legions" of idiots that don't do too much research before buying their games.

Wow, you take my "Ignorant Prick of the day" award, congrats.
    You keep it.

Cocky perhaps, but ZP isnt in the remotest sense being ignorant.

Zero Phoenix is quickly becoming one of my favourite posters around these parts.

I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

1) How did Sephiroth know where the black materia was located? How did Sephiroth even know the black materia existed or even what it did? How did Sephiroth know about the impact crater from eons ago when no one else did? How did Seymour know that Sin was Jecht? How did Seymour know it was even possible to become one with Sin? How did Judge Bergan know where to find Ashe and the crew? How did Judge Gabranth know where to find them? How does the big bad know anything? You want answers go read a trope.

2) Almost every game, every manga, every anime, every movie, ever made has something to do with the crew being saved by the power of friendship. Different titles add different details, change the subtleties and all that most of them follow the same thread, the same focus (pun intended). The only thing that really changes is how that's done. For example, all this friendship and bonds BS in Naruto is like the lamest. In Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's though it's actually pretty empowering. In the same vein while the gang was saved by the power of friendship, it wasn't shoved down our throats. You can take issue with the presentation, but you can't take issue with XIII alone in this one meager aspect when so many thousands of other works address friendship in similar ways.

What else have you got for me?
    You know what. I SHOULDN'T acknowledge that statement...but I will.

1) You are quiet right, thank you for helping my own argument on a different thread.

2) That's the biggest bunch of crap I've ever heard. YES Naruto has BS friendship bonds, but I don't think Yu-Gi-Oh could do anything right, especially 5D's (Card games on motorcycles bro). Now then I'm not trying to tug XIII down. Yes other media outlets use this crappy excuse and you know what. THEY ARE ALL CRAPPY. Take Persona 3 for example. Great game...until the true ending where the power of the bonds you've made create a seal that prevents Nyx from destroying the world...that's crap. It doesn't matter the context...unless there is a decent excuse along with the friendship card, it's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by SympathyX View Post
    You keep it.

Cocky perhaps, but ZP isnt in the remotest sense being ignorant.

Zero Phoenix is quickly becoming one of my favourite posters around these parts.
    Sorry that I approach a situation with logic rather then blind faith.

Sorry that I approach a situation with logic rather then blind faith.
    Logic is supposed to make sense bro. Thats why its logic. What you've been saying is mostly nonsense.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information