+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Funi Files Lawsuit

Default Re: Funi Files Lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by frog261642 View Post
    2) The UK is getting their own dub. And if I'm not mistaken they have their own simulcast.
    Dude what are you smoking? We don't have our own dub. You are mistaken, we do not have our own simulcast. We get no merchandise. We have basically no anime on TV at all.

The only thing we continually get are anime DVDs of Viz-dubbed Series, and Tankobon translated by Viz.

We get nothing from Funi; it's annoying cus Funi is, in my opinion the best Dubber around. And yet hearing your favourite anime is getting dubbed by Funi is like a death toll for UK Fans.
    Last edited by Flux; January 25th, 2011 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by iMustang View Post
    My problem with funimation's stream is that it... well, sucks. Buffer-while-playing players are very inconvenient and lead to unnecessary stops during the episodes sometimes. If they allowed their player to be the traditional kind where you pause and load the video, I'd use it all the time.

Hopefully, like the article says, they're just targeting the distributers and not the downloaders.
    You do realize they don't have enough of a budget to make a good video player right? They are trying to make money, to put toward making more One Piece as well as distributing it in other countries. AND if they make enough money, they can fix their video player.

Plus, it sounds like a computer problem. Because mine runs just fine. As well as many others. So that is terrible excuse.

My lure-out strategy. GumGumBattleAxe's Avatar

Plus, it sounds like a computer problem. Because mine runs just fine. As well as many others. So that is terrible excuse.
    yeah, mine is good as well. im quite comfortable with it. hulu's is a little annoying, but hey.

2) The UK is getting their own dub. And if I'm not mistaken they have their own simulcast.

Don't you just love it when people start making things up?

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

Wow, all the idiot AP members are coming out of the woodwork.

Hey it's worse off in Australia, we get nothing.. Well, we did get those eps before America did. Feels good man.

And wow can't believe they actually did something, really unlucky for the guy.

Australian Brigade!: enel16, crease, Jejune, frozenkuku, toiim, Gum-Gum-Bazooka & trc4eva

My lure-out strategy. GumGumBattleAxe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Logan View Post
    repeat that on the podcast. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    Dude what are you smoking. We don't have our own dub. We get no merchandise. We have basically no anime on TV at all.

The only thinsg we get are DVDs of Viz-dubbed Series, and Tankobon translated by Viz.
    /TeeHee/ Funny you should ask...

Anyways...if you're really wanting to view the episodes, view them when they first come out. Is it really that hard? Is your schedule so hectic that you can't sit down to view One Piece as it comes out?

Funimation is doing their best. And I think they are unaware of the epidemic of the UK. (Yes epidemic) They are suing this guy to take a stand against pirating. To send out a message. That is what this is about.

I honestly don't know what else to say other than, Hulu sucks and Funi wants to make money from this. And I'm sure Funimation can try to work something out. I really don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Logan View Post
    Ignoring that.

Any word on weather its fake or real?

/TeeHee/ Funny you should ask...

Anyways...if you're really wanting to view the episodes, view them when they first come out. Is it really that hard? Is your schedule so hectic that you can't sit down to view One Piece as it comes out?

Funimation is doing their best. And I think they are unaware of the epidemic of the UK. (Yes epidemic) They are suing this guy to take a stand against pirating. To send out a message. That is what this is about.

I honestly don't know what else to say other than, Hulu sucks and Funi wants to make money from this. And I'm sure Funimation can try to work something out. I really don't know...
    View the episodes when they come out? I don't think you understand, they are NOT GETTING EPISODES!

I garentee that if you were watching One Piece when there was no dub, or just the 4kids dub, you would be watching fansubs. Don't be preaching to Flux to wait for all of the licensing to happen, for it to be released, or another dub be created, for him to watch episodes that will take YEARS to be released. When you do not have to wait years to watch episodes, get back to Flux.
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Well do you really think Trojan Condoms needs 12 year-olds that are up really late to see their commercials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Yes, in fact I do. These brats today don't wait anymore.

Ignoring that.

We have to wait until a picture of Chopper holding a sign that says "April Fools~!" is added to all the articles before we know if it's fake or real.
    Last edited by Badass SnoCone; January 25th, 2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: What.

You do realize they don't have enough of a budget to make a good video player right? They are trying to make money, to put toward making more One Piece as well as distributing it in other countries. AND if they make enough money, they can fix their video player.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post

Don't you just love it when people start making things up?
    This

Prove that's their plan. Even low budget sites can get a traditional player, and they're certainly not hurting for money. If they were they wouldn't be picking up new series constantly. And it's not a computer problem it's a connection problem; at my own house the connection is fine. At other's, not so much. So if I wanna watch episodes with my friends I pretty much have to download them, plus yeah I like watching it in HD.

Perhaps it's best for the thread if you just stop posting...

"Shocking, isn't it?" PirateBeck's Avatar

Did I not just go over the fact that

1) IT IS NOT ABOUT THAT
    and
    Hey frog261642,

I don't post on here often anymore but I have to ask you just one single question.

Is it really that hard to find information about the UK situation?

I rest my case.

Also, the ANN article was updated with a hash of the torrent in question. If you google that hash, you'll discover the torrent itself was the yibis fansub of that episode, encoded at 720p and the torrent itself included an .avi and .mp4. Somebody should probably inform about that.

-PirateBeck

Ignoring that.

I wouldn't ignore it... I just wouldn't.

It seems to be real, still think it's crazy unlucky for the guy.

Australian Brigade!: enel16, crease, Jejune, frozenkuku, toiim, Gum-Gum-Bazooka & trc4eva

That is what this is about.
    I know damn well what this is about, but if somewhere in the middle you should go off ignorantly spouting blaise makeshift facts, I'ma correct you.

Ignoring that.
    You actually didn't ignore it, you addressed it because my passive-agressive metre's gonna explode!

Quote Originally Posted by enel16 View Post
    I wouldn't ignore it... I just wouldn't.

It seems to be real, still think it's crazy unlucky for the guy.
    He meant he was 'ignoring' the comment about him being an 'idiot.'
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

2011 posters.....

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    He meant he was 'ignoring' the comment about him being an 'idiot.'
    Yea I know, I just thought it would be best for him to not ignore his idiocy

Quote Originally Posted by mdmartin101 View Post
    View the episodes when they come out? I don't think you understand, they are NOT GETTING EPISODES!

I garentee that if you were watching One Piece when there was no dub, or just the 4kids dub, you would be watching fansubs. Don't be preaching to Flux to wait for all of the licensing to happen, for it to be released, or another dub be created, for him to watch episodes that will take YEARS to be released. When you do not have to wait years to watch episodes, get back to Flux.
    Certainly not. I wasn't implying that at all. I apologize to Flux for barking mad at him. It just fills me with 4chan rage when people like to watch the fansubs from the original.

Again, I'm sure that funimation isn't thinking of the fact that the UK can't get the episodes. Merely, that people in the US are watching the fansubs and their own subs with no payment what so ever. It was to send out a message to the people in the US to not watch the fansubs.

Quote Originally Posted by enel16 View Post
    Hey it's worse off in Australia, we get nothing.. Well, we did get those eps before America did. Feels good man.

And wow can't believe they actually did something, really unlucky for the guy.
    Actually it's worse in the UK than in Australia. The Funi DVDs are being released in Australia. There are about 6 of them out in Australia already and I think they come out about every 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    Actually it's worse in the UK than in Australia. The Funi DVDs are being released in Australia. There are about 6 of them out in Australia already and I think they come out about every 2 months.
    Oh wow they don't get them at all, I stand corrected, we have it alot better then the UK. We get a set once per month until we catch up to the American release

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information