+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 270 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 5391

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: Western Comics thread

Brian Michael Fucking Bendis just put Jon and Lois Kent on a Fucking bus.

God fucking damnit. I was willing to give him a shot, I really was. I like his Marvel writing for the most part, at least his earlier Marvel writing.... but God fucking damnit, don't One More Day Superman!!!

UUUUUUGH!!!

I'm mad because Dan Jurgens' Action Comics was one of Rebirth's best, and now in one Issue it was all fucked up.

UGH.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

One of my favourite writers Nick Spencer and artist Ryan Ottley (of Invincible fame) started off their Amazing Spider-Man run with gusto.

Hidden:
    Peter and MJ are back together

Also even without that final issue twist, the whole issue was written incredibly well.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Brian Michael Fucking Bendis just put Jon and Lois Kent on a Fucking bus.

God fucking damnit. I was willing to give him a shot, I really was. I like his Marvel writing for the most part, at least his earlier Marvel writing.... but God fucking damnit, don't One More Day Superman!!!

UUUUUUGH!!!

I'm mad because Dan Jurgens' Action Comics was one of Rebirth's best, and now in one Issue it was all fucked up.

UGH.
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...00025737969664

That tweet was in reply to a... Demon Rin. So unless there's a massive coincidence, I think Rin might already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    One of my favourite writers Nick Spencer and artist Ryan Ottley (of Invincible fame) started off their Amazing Spider-Man run with gusto.

Hidden:
    Peter and MJ are back together
    That's fun. But probably not going to stick in any meaningful way after all the lengths Marvel went to in order to ruin it time and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    That tweet was in reply to a... Demon Rin. So unless there's a massive coincidence, I think Rin might already know.
    lol Jesus, I only looked at the name, not the @.

That's fun. But probably not going to stick in any meaningful way after all the lengths Marvel went to in order to ruin it time and again.
    You have to take what you can get at this point with superhero comics. I'll take them just being in a relationship for now (and enjoying Renew Your Vows on the side). At least Peter's not dating very obvious Agents of SHIELD tie-ins anymore.

Of course he's not dating Mockingbird anymore Peter isn't supposed to be tied down to anyone romantically permanently just like Tony Stark but without the bank account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    lol Jesus, I only looked at the name, not the @.
    Lol yes, I do in fact know now. I definitely overreacted but in my defense it was super late and I was tired.

As for the topic at hand, I read the news regarding Spidey and MJ getting back together and I'm SUPER happy because it actually teases undoing OMD.

I'll learn very quick because I'm getting closer to being caught up. Just got to Spider-Verse in my big Marvel read.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Is recent Batman still brutal towards his enemies? Like breaking legs and stuff like that? Because I fell like he has been soften recently and he kinds of need to be that brutal if he wants to scare without killing.

From Batman Volume 10

Spoiler:

Ah, so this is where it all began.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Is recent Batman still brutal towards his enemies? Like breaking legs and stuff like that? Because I fell like he has been soften recently and he kinds of need to be that brutal if he wants to scare without killing.
    I don't know about that, but what I do know is that Bruce ripped a urinal out of a wall and threw it because he got really pissed off while being forced to do jury duty for Mr. Freeze's trial in the latest issue.

Reminds me of the scene when Walt punches the paper towel dispenser in Breaking Bad. Except on steroids and causing collateral damage.

Well, I guess it's more healthy than when Superman drilled through one of Saturn's dead moons approximately four seconds after Lex was elected president?

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Is batman's identity still secret or does the world , esp the courts, know that Bruce Wayne is Batman?

I was about to ask what sort of writing was that since Batman would have a conflict of interest since ...well isn't there a history of Batman vs Mr. Freeze? But then I rmembered that maybe it wasn't Batman that has to jury duty on Freeze's trial, but instead be Bruce Wayne then he couldn't mention a conflict if he wanted to keep the identity secret.

But then I remember 3 things about Batman's identity being revealed.
    1- One scene I remember is a roughed up Joker over years Superman calling Batman as "Bruce".
    2-I remember a scene of tweets going out revealing "Batman is Bruce Wayne"
    3- no scene, just remember the statement "superman revealed Batman's identity"

Are any of those true in some form>
    Were those alt worlds or a story that's retcon'ed so no longer applies?

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Is batman's identity still secret or does the world , esp the courts, know that Bruce Wayne is Batman?

I was about to ask what sort of writing was that since Batman would have a conflict of interest since ...well isn't there a history of Batman vs Mr. Freeze? But then I rmembered that maybe it wasn't Batman that has to jury duty on Freeze's trial, but instead be Bruce Wayne then he couldn't mention a conflict if he wanted to keep the identity secret.
    Still secret. Bruce Wayne is chosen for jury duty, not Batman.

But then I remember 3 things about Batman's identity being revealed.
    1- One scene I remember is a roughed up Joker over years Superman calling Batman as "Bruce".
    2-I remember a scene of tweets going out revealing "Batman is Bruce Wayne"
    3- no scene, just remember the statement "superman revealed Batman's identity"

Are any of those true in some form>
    Were those alt worlds or a story that's retcon'ed so no longer applies?
    Injustice universe. So yes, alternate world.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Still secret. Bruce Wayne is chosen for jury duty, not Batman.

Injustice universe. So yes, alternate world.
    Thanks for answering.

One thing I'm not sure of: Is Batman Inc still in continuity? They have seemed to go back and forth on that since The New 52 days.

Bruce on Jury Duty is stupid.

"Are there any conflicts of interest?"
    "Muggers killed my parents. I have zero sympathy for known criminals like this."

And boom, no lawyer would want that guy in his jury.

Though (modern) Mr. Freeze is such a stupid villain case to begin with. The guy only does crimes to fund his actual legitimate life saving research. Wayne Corp could just give him a grant and he'd stop being a criminal and actually contribute to society. He's not like the Flash villain Captain Cold who is actually out to be a criminal for the sake of being a criminal.

About as opposite from Batman as you can get, but there's a new Rainbow Brite comic series coming out:
    https://www.cbr.com/rainbow-brite-returns-comic-series/

Yes, Rainbow Brite is . . . . Rainbow Brite, but I fucking loved her as a toddler.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    One thing I'm not sure of: Is Batman Inc still in continuity? They have seemed to go back and forth on that since The New 52 days.
    I like to think of Batman Inc. as something akin to a fraternity from his Bruce's college. All of the extended Bat Family across the world will always have each other's back. But nowadays, they'll only meet as often as once or twice a year for a major planned event like feeding the homeless or recreational picnic. Otherwise, they're a relic from a bygone era most of the time that's growing smaller and smaller annually.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    About as opposite from Batman as you can get, but there's a new Rainbow Brite comic series coming out:
    https://www.cbr.com/rainbow-brite-returns-comic-series/

Yes, Rainbow Brite is . . . . Rainbow Brite, but I fucking loved her as a toddler.
    I always get the timing of Rainbow Brite & Strawberry Shortcake mixed up. I had to go look up when the Rainbow Brite cartoon came out, 1984. Yeah I was a teen then, so didn't get too much into it.

I forgot that Rainbow Brite was first created by Hallmark cards though. No wonder I got it mixed up with Strawberry Shortcake, which also started out on greeting cards in 1980.

I read Dark nights metal, I was so confused

then my friend who reads DC comics explained everything to me

I'm still confused

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    I always get the timing of Rainbow Brite & Strawberry Shortcake mixed up. I had to go look up when the Rainbow Brite cartoon came out, 1984. Yeah I was a teen then, so didn't get too much into it.

I forgot that Rainbow Brite was first created by Hallmark cards though. No wonder I got it mixed up with Strawberry Shortcake, which also started out on greeting cards in 1980.
    I feel like all the girl shows in the 80s came from greeting cards.

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    I read Dark nights metal, I was so confused

then my friend who reads DC comics explained everything to me

I'm still confused

That's Dc's classic multiverse.

Those universe are forged in a forge by a forgeron using magical metal in then raised up into the proper multiverse.

The unstable universe don't raised all the way to the mutiverse and are quickly destroyed. So there's a bunch of unstable worlds under the proper multiverse. They are the failed draft you can say.

The Batmen from the story are from some of those failed draft. The evil demon in the story is the bodyguard of the forgeron that got tired being in this shitty place and wanted yo go up the proper multiverse. The wole event is trying to sink the universe below were the failed draft are "the dark multiverse".

They are making new forces in the DC universe with the still, strength and Sage force. And my initial answer is no. It's probaby because they decided to tie it into the speed force. If it was just some new character with this concept I would probably be fine. But I'm really not into it.

Also I don't like them breaking the wall which I always liked as the insurmountable barrier. And I don't like all the special metal being so linked together especially the metal of the gods. I like when not everything is linked. To me it makes the world bigger not smaller(one of the reason I consider One Piece small).

Basically I'm being like those purist that hates change.

Bruce on Jury Duty is stupid.

"Are there any conflicts of interest?"
    "Muggers killed my parents. I have zero sympathy for known criminals like this."

And boom, no lawyer would want that guy in his jury.

Though (modern) Mr. Freeze is such a stupid villain case to begin with. The guy only does crimes to fund his actual legitimate life saving research. Wayne Corp could just give him a grant and he'd stop being a criminal and actually contribute to society. He's not like the Flash villain Captain Cold who is actually out to be a criminal for the sake of being a criminal.
    Would he really be dismissed for something 20 years ago(at least)? And Freeze is just a known fellon he is not a mugger or killed someone parents. Isn't the link to Bruce parents and Freeze way to tenuous to ever be considered relevant? If he is the playboy that he used to be in the comics(Ihave reaad recent comics) supposedely he isn't known as someone hang up on his parents death but just someone that likes to have fun. I mean in Gotham I am not even sure how many people have not faced a mugger.

I guess the problem is that he already made so much damage he has to pay for that there's no way for him to stay free legally. Or he refuses to compromise with criminals.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information