Thread: Rock the Casbah: Arab-World Revolutions

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Rock the Casbah: Arab-World Revolutions Watch Thread

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

this link needs to be on every page

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.333 View Post
    The fuck was that?

I wasn't able to get anywhere with this forum for at least 2-3 hours because the "Server was too busy".

was this just me?
    No, it wasn't. I searched a lot for news about what's happening, and always coming back here and seeing if it was back. Looks like things in Egypt may end up being a little better. Looks like there were 13 deaths and hundreds of people hurt.

Well it really seems at this point that Mubarak is just grasping for straws.

Mubarak should have proofread that speech.

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

My God I actually agree with John Kerry.

The world is ending.

I think Mubarak is watching us. He took down the server after reading this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Fist View Post
    http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

this link needs to be on every page
    Watching this now.

John Kerry's currently speaking on here.

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlilly View Post
    Fuck Fuck Fuck! This year started out so fucking insane!
    Let's so, Egypt! This movement caught fire!
    I have to say this is one of the reasons to be grateful for the existence of the net. Not only might it have given the resistance of the youth more fire, since they got access to information not given to them by their regime, but because we can follow what is happening in a blink.
    But this won't go down as easily as everyone hopes. In Tunisia shit went down so fast, it was unreal, mainly because the military literally told the president "We're out if this, you're fucked, pal". In Egypt's case they still stand firmly behind Mubarak and I don't know how far they would go. Atleast the police stands with the people. But I'm scared.
    I saw some live footage today, a young man fell down in the mids of the demonstrations, it went down too fast but I think it was a head shot. He stopped moving and his friends were carrying him off the streets. This is a battelfield. It's unbearable.
    I pray this will succeed without too much bloodshed! Please Egypt, stay strong!

Gaddafi, we're coming for you.
    Incorrect my dear.

Reports have been replete with mentions of how the military is being hands off and cheered by the people.

An important fact is that the military ranks are filled with conscripts.

This is going better then I ever dreamed just yesterday.

It's already far far far far beyond Iran.

And yeah Mubarak made concessions without leaving? Good. One more step to him making more concessions then panicking and running away.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I think Mubarak is watching us. He took down the server after reading this topic.
    And now it's personal.

Also I updated the first post with the various changing currents in all of the countries.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Seriously why wasn't John Kerry this intelligent when he was running for president.

I was checking a brazilian news website and they said that a revolt with 200 people happened in Oman. Doesn't seems serious though.
    And this too (mediocre translation by me)
    After more than two hours after the curfew enforcement by Mubarak, military vehicles passed through the center of the city of Cairo, nearby the Opera Park, and the militaries waved to the population receiving applauses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    He really likes to shut down internet things, doesn't him?

thanks for letting me join the discussion zephos.
    hmmmm.... Egypt, taken to the streets by storm after the friday prayer. Too much violence already happened so a peaceful ending is impossible. I just hope that mass bloodshed and theft doesnt happen and that this revolt stays on target.

also FUCKKKKK YOU IMBARRAK, YOU ARE ALREADY GOING TO HELL, SO FIX YOUR MESS
    WHAT!!!
    GO AWAY!!

Discovered Stowaway

[youtube]ThvBJMzmSZI[/youtube]

"We will not be silenced, whether you are Christian, whether you are Muslim, whether you are an atheist. You will demand your god damn rights, and we will have our rights one way or the other. We will never be silenced."
    /me off to sleep

Yeah I saw that Oman thing. It didn't seem big enough or upset enough to warrant changing my gay joke status. Since I really love pointing out how gay Quaboos is because of how big a secret taboo it is there. Also because no joke he dresses fucking sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    Also because no joke he dresses fucking sharp.
    Does he dress sharper than Gaddafi.

Judging from Twitter, it seems like the people in Egypt aren't satisfied with either Obama's or Mubarak's speeches.

From Live phonecalls with people there:

Live Phonecall with senior political analyst in Egypt: Mubarak should have made a different kind of speech. #Jan25 #Jan28 #egypt (two hours ago)

LPC (SPA): we need more than "a government" we need a change in the power structure in egypt. #Jan25 #Jan28 #egypt

Live Phonecall: Many sharing anger in Cairo over speech. We don't want anything less than Mubarak departure. #Jan25 #Jan28 #egypt

Reports from Cairo: People angry, feeling that the army has tricked them. #Jan25 #Jan28 #Egypt

Cairo: Army spreading in streets making gathering for protesters, who are exhausted by now, very difficult #Jan25 #Jan28 #Egypt (one hour ago)

LPC: Man shot dead in Maadi by police forces trying to enforce curfew. Street fight ensues between police and victim's family. #Jan25 #Jan28

LPC: Maadi police station being set on fire a few hours ago. #Jan25 #Jan28 #Egypt

A pretty awesome collection of pictures from over the past few days: http://totallycoolpix.com/2011/01/the-egypt-protests/
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

I really do wonder if simply doing a reform on Saturday would save him. He's hanging from a thin thread. I'm worried that he's taking advantage of time to wear on the people's patience/morale.

once i wake up tomorrow il post a full detailed script over what is happening.
    WHAT!!!
    GO AWAY!!

Just heard from @RamyRaoof in #Cairo told me after #Mubarak speech army wouldn't let them into mosque where wounded r #Jan25

A young policeman who moments earlier had been smashing protesters with a baton was forced to fall back, dropping his shield and helmet as he fled. Two protesters of the same age picked them up, ran towards him and handed them back. "We are not your enemy," they told the terrified conscript. "We are like you. Join us."
    This makes me so proud.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Thread Information