Page 53 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 4257

Thread: Rock the Casbah: Arab-World Revolutions

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Default Re: Rock the Casbah: Arab-World Revolutions Watch Thread

JD your videos doesn't work on this site
    Last edited by asm00200; February 10th, 2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: for me at least..

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    [YOUTUBE]Bn1Ca8izXto[/YOUTUBE]
    In the event that all the revolutions go as planned, someone needs to make a montage of all the resignation speeches and marches to this.
    "All who have died are equal" - Comanche proverb

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

maybe its yoru country, it work for me
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Those Sony idiots. Why do I have to be redirected to youtube to watch it.

NEWS: BBC World Service: Mubarak will speak at 8pm GMT (in two and a half hours)

Joe Strummer wrote that song in response to the Iranian Revolutionary government banning rock and roll. Basically though he aimed at as a sort of anthem for anti-authoritarianism in the mid-east. He would be crying with joy if he were alive today...

Mick Jones and them better do an occasion for this.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

-A senior member of the Muslim Brotherhood reports concern the military is seizing power. Meanwhile, a US State department briefing has been postponed until a time "to be determined".

-Al Arabiya: News reports that Mubarak has transferred power to Vice President Omar Suleiman

Discovered Stowaway

aljazeera hasn't shown that strip again. was it a mistake on their part?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Fist View Post
    aljazeera hasn't shown that strip again. was it a mistake on their part?
    You mean the one with Sulieman? It was just a 3 seconds footage repeated times and times again. But like I said they're reporting a meeting between Mubarak and PM Shafiq right now.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    You mean the one with Sulieman? It was just a 3 seconds footage repeated times and times again. But like I said they're reporting a meeting between Mubarak and PM Shafiq right now.
    na i meant power handed to army one. and i did saw that 3 seconds footage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Fist View Post
    na i meant power handed to army one.
    They said, him not participating in the Supreme Council meeting (he is the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces) is a sign of him handing over his power to the army. (I think they meant control over the army)

-Al Arabiya reporter in Cairo: It is likely that Mubarak will not step down as President but will hand over all his authority to VP Suleiman

-Al Jazeera: Egypt State TV: Mubarak is holding two separate meetings with Vice President Omar Suleiman & with Prime Minister Ahmed Shafik

-"If General Sulieman or the military take over, that is of great concern to everyone," says Al Jazeera's Ayman Mohyeldin. "While the military is very much respected, people here want to see a transition from military rule to civilian rule." The past four leaders of Egypt have had a military background.

-Al Jazeera's Tristan Redman reports people around him in Tahrir Square are "dancing in the streets".

So looks like Mubarak will finally resign from his position? It's the only smart move to do although it still came very late. What did he expect that he could just sit this one out?

I'm still disappointed that none of the European countries did anything during the whole conflict except spouting petty words. Obama at least talked to Mubarak directly not through diplomats or spokesmen. Here they are trying to teach us that democracy and freedom are our most important values but then they just sit on their asses and do nothing. Yeah, well played Merkel, Sarkozy & co.

Edit: Just in case: I wasn't trying to say that Egypt couldn't have done this without help. Because they did and that really is impressive. Just the two-faced ways of European politics annoys me to no end.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    I'm still disappointed that none of the European countries did anything during the whole conflict except spouting petty words.
    well frace did suspend tear gas and other riot police stuff sale to egypt
    Last edited by Fire-Fist; February 10th, 2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: but yea thats not enough

-Leader of opposition Karama movement tells Al Jazeera he believes "the military approached Mubarak and told him it was time to go".

-Al Jazeera's Alan Fisher reports an army officer put his weapon aside and joined the crowds in Tahrir Square.

-William Hague, British foreign secretary, says Egypt needs an orderly transition "that includes broadly based government"

HERE COMES FOXNEWS!!

-FoxNews reports that Mubarak will speak in 30 minutes.

-Breaking Foxnews: Mubarak Will Step Down & Transfer Power to Military Council #Jan25

-Al Arabiya: "Mubarak will address the nation shortly from the Presidential Palace in Cairo"

----------------------------------------------------------------

-BREAKING Al Hurra: Mubarak will arrive in Dubai in a few hours
    Last edited by asm00200; February 10th, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

Fox News: Editorial: Are Arabs Humans? More at 11.

>8( He is not biting it yet.
    Last edited by Chrissie; February 10th, 2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Mubarak bites the dust~ or not...
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Rock and Roll~

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    Fox News: Editorial: Are Arabs Humans? More at 11.
    Oh FoxNews you so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    -BREAKING Al Hurra: Mubarak will arrive in Dubai in a few hours
    From Cairo to Dubai: The shortest nonstop flight time is 3 hours & 15 minutes.

-Al Jazeera's Sherine Tadros speaks to a Cairo resident, who tells her: "It's like I'm graduating from school. I'm excited - but scared about what's coming next."

-Reports of text messages sent out across the main networks: "Armed forces: The Supreme Council of the Armed Forces is currently examining the situation and will announce an important statement to the people." Sender comes up as: MOD.

-Binyamin Netanyahu, prime minister of Israel, says he hopes whoever replaces Mubarak will uphold the peace treaty with Israel, according to Israel Radio/

-Al Arabiya: The army will take action" if the protesters don't accept the delegation of authority from Mubarak to Omar Suleiman

-Al Arabiya: Discussions are still taking place at the Presidential Palace over the delegation of authority.

-OBAMA IS LIVE NOW TALKING ABOUT EGYPT.

-Obama: We are witnessing history unfold. It is a moment of transformation taking places because the people of Egypt want change

-Obama: We want all Egyptians to know that America will do everything it can for a peaceful transition to democracy.

I guess he'll wait for Mubarak's speech.
    Last edited by asm00200; February 10th, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

-CNN Wolf Blitzer: Egypt State Nile TV was broadcasting Obama's comments from Michigan is a "sign of end of the regime."

-Ahmed Abdul Azim, a protester amid joyous scenes in Alexandria, tells us: "We are at the gates of victory."

-Al Arabiya's Hafez El Mirazi (veteran news anchor) "Obama most likely already knows what Mubarak's statement will be about"

-Al Jazeera: Mubarak's speech will be at 8pm GMT, 10pm Cairo. In one hour from now.

-Al Arabiya: Mubarak will announce some constitutional procedures before he hands over power.

-You tube has linked to Aljazeera English live stream. Link (If anyone's interested)

---------------------------

-Al Arabiya: Mubarak will delegate all military affairs to the Defence Minister General Tantawi

-Al Arabiya: The Muslim Brotherhood has "withdrawn its statement" about it fearing a military coup against Mubarak

-BBC Arabic: The Army has shut down the main entrances to Meydan Tahrir. (Time in Cairo 9:25pm, Mubarak speaking in 35 minutes)

-Al Arabiya: Unconfirmed reports: Mubarak will dissolve both houses of Parliament with early elections to be held
    Last edited by asm00200; February 10th, 2011 at 12:30 PM.

1 MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information