Page 65 of 213 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 4257

Thread: Rock the Casbah: Arab-World Revolutions

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Default Re: Rock the Casbah: Arab-World Revolutions Watch Thread

-Rallies today in Hartford at Lieberman's palace, blood is broken out already

-Lieberman speaks to mob, promises to step down from his position

-this just inL Liebarman haas stepped down from senate!!!

-its a lie, he just changed to a different independent position, amubu doobu bazi! (nutmegese for "Death to joementum, long live jon meyer" fyi)

-shtt. theyre using rhode island mercenaries riding tinyy race trac dogs, i got bit on the thumb, this is really bad

-New Haven on fire, Bridgeport on fire but no one caress

-Vermont has declared cease funding of Joe liebarman's vicious royal guard known as "Bloodbores"

-Mohegan Indians everywhere?? i think its coup, im being scalped send hel

it stops there, latest from the revolutions in New England
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Needs more Twitter tags.

Quote Originally Posted by dedo1231 View Post
    here is the translation
    I'm sorry it's kinda fast translate :

Hidden:
    I went downstairs, I said I'm not come back
    And I wrote with my blood in every street
    now everyone listen what i said
    we broke all inhibitions
    Our weapons were our dreams
    our future is totally clear
    From long time we are waiting
    we are looking for someone understand us
    In every street ,
    Voice of Freedom calling us
    We raised our heads in the Sky
    And we don't care for hunger
    The most important is our rights
    And we are write the history with our blood
    If you're one of us
    Leave the huffing and tell us
    u will not leave your dream
    ,stop saying "I" we are all with u

song by : Downtown team
    song name : Freedom Voice

* just a note

al tahrir is arabic word mean liberty so we are in liberty square
    This is the reason for the Protesters stay in al tahrir
    Wow. Thanks so much man, that's amazing.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    it stops there, latest from the revolutions in New England
    Sarah Palin issues statement decrying Obama Administration for lack of information on situation in Connecticut. Defriends Blumenthal on Facebook after post offering to look out window and describe it on her Wall.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Hmmm....
    Egypt's Facebook page (putting it really simple here) numbers in the hundreds of thousands when it comes to watchers.
    This guy's FB page is only around 1,000.
    Bad publicity, maybe?
    Doesn't help that the last I've heard about Vietnam was in an LA Times article. I don't remember the specifics, but it implied that things weren't as bad as before (the main subject of the article left Vietnam, returned some time later, and was pleasantly surprised by...something. Like it wasn't as oppressive as before).

Thank you for the links. That was quite informative.
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Rock and Roll~

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the Dark View Post
    Hmmm....
    Egypt's Facebook page (putting it really simple here) numbers in the hundreds of thousands when it comes to watchers.
    This guy's FB page is only around 1,000.
    Bad publicity, maybe?
    Doesn't help that the last I've heard about Vietnam was in an LA Times article. I don't remember the specifics, but it implied that things weren't as bad as before (the main subject of the article left Vietnam, returned some time later, and was pleasantly surprised by...something. Like it wasn't as oppressive as before).
    Well, like China Vietnam has been experiencing growth.

In my personal opinion and I wonder if Sea would agree. I see Laos, Vietnam and China as destined for South Korea's fate. They will capitalize more and more (all three are on various points of this path, China ahead, Nam in the middle, Laos only just starting).
    Economic growth will lead to increasing and increasing living standards.
    And eventually enough of the population will start to resemble the middle class of a developed nation. And it is around that time that tolerance for authoritarian (albeit technocratic) government will end and demonstrations will be huge and the Commies will step out of power.

This is what occurred in South Korea.
    And in Taiwan's case the government was actually ahead of the curve and started democratizing on it's own when things were becoming very prosperous.

These are headlines right now (I didn't listen to the pieces), but...
    Egypt: Military dissolves Parliament.
    Constitution suspended (?)
    Protesters (some of them anyway) are going to keep the pressure up on the military.
    Yemen: Police cracking down on anti-government protesters.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Yeah, they suspended the constitution and the army will be in control until the next election. Also they expect the emergency rule to be lifted at some point.
    Hidden:
    "The Supreme Council will run the affairs of the country on a temporary basis for six months or until the end of parliamentary and presidential elections," it said.
    It announced a new constitution would be drawn up and subjected to a referendum. The current constitution, effectively set aside on Friday when Hosni Mubarak's resignation left the country without a president, made it virtually impossible for independent political parties to challenge the ruling National Democratic Party.

-Algeria 'to lift emergency laws'
    Last edited by asm00200; February 14th, 2011 at 03:34 AM.

Minor protests have started in, of all fucking places, BAHRAIN.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...925802473.html

Minor protests have started in, of all fucking places, BAHRAIN.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...925802473.html
    Bahrain? Shit, that totally blindsided me. What's the status of Bahrain in terms of leadership?

"All the demands are to do with human rights and nothing to do with the ruling family and their regime."

However, he warned that if the government resorted to violence then the people might be forced to even demand for a regime change
    It always help to read the linked article.
    ----

There is this joke about Bouteflika going to the streets and protesting with the people against the government. This joke comes as some experts say that Bouteflika doesn't have that much control over the government and how the system in Algeria is 'complicated'.
    Last edited by asm00200; February 14th, 2011 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    It always help to read the linked article.
    ----

There is this joke about Bouteflika going to the streets and protesting with the people against the government. This joke comes as some experts say that Bouteflika doesn't have that much control over the government and how the system in Algeria is 'complicated'.
    Oh, I meant who's in power, but I missed that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Herodadotus View Post
    Oh, I meant who's in power, but I missed that, too.
    I see.. his name is King Hamad al-Khalifa.

-Clashes reported in Iran protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    There is this joke about Bouteflika going to the streets and protesting with the people against the government.
    I got the wrong guy here. It was Gaddafi who said that he will protest with the people against the government because he's only the president and everything in Libya is the government fault.

============

-Ahmed Ezz who used to be the Secretary General of the ruling NDP party in Egypt & is said to have overseen the vote rigging in November's elections, interviewed by Alarabiya
    Hidden:
    -Ezz: We didn't do enough to absorb the youth in the NDP. The NDP party is very popular in rural Egypt, amongst the farmers especially.

-The most important leaders from the NDP (come from rural Egypt), & I was proud of that before I left the NDP

-We didn't do enough to absorb intelligent youth, I don't want to use the word failed to but we didn't put so much of an effort.

-We should have absorbed this youth, who have dreams & are active, who come from the middle class. This was the failure.

-We were in touch with the street. The future will judge us. Our plans were about how to deal with the daily lives of people.

-This great push (the revolution) that happened recently, it was welcomed by the whole of Egypt actually & went further beyond our plans

-I must salute the youth of Meydan Tahrir. I didn't have a chance to meet the leaders there. I wish to meet them at any second.

-I really wish I can meet (the leaders of Meydan Tahrir) so I can listen to them. What are their ideas? How do they see the future?

-What are the wrongs they (Meydan Tahrir leaders) saw? I would apologise if there were any mistakes, of course.

-It is very difficult for any politician to assess the mistakes. We will let the next few months assess (the situation)

-I can't say that our plans excluded the man on the street, or that our agenda excluded them. The challenges were very great.

-Some people may call it a revolution, some may call is an intifada. But there are people whose ideas were greater than ours

-These people wanted the change now, and immediately. I can say this is a good thing. I can't say it is a bad thing.

-I didn't expect it. They saw a further point. I didn't expect that they would. Our plans were "gradualism" it may be wrong.

-I see that there is a rush to adjust the constitution. This does not concern me, I am a private citizen now.

-I always wanted to change article 77. It had to be changed, although 76 should also be changed.

-I am telling you the truth now, you must believe me, we had no plan to allow "Independents" in the parliament.

-The idea was that the President would come from a specific party. It may be wrong, it obviously was wrong.

-Obviously Egyptians didn't agree with us. Article 76 only allowed persons from a party to become president

-It's very clear that a society cannot have elections without judges.

-I don't have any political plans. But I have deep links with my political circle. My future in Egypt is to leave slowly the politics

-I hope I don't become a scape goat. I stopped contacting some friends, I don't like to contact people, make them uncomfortable

-I am not in touch with the current leadership, they have a lot of work now

-Am I scared for my life? I believe in God. But I received death threats. I got them via phone and non telephone

-I can't say I am sorry for anything I did

-(Regarding monopolistic charges) Ezz: There is a lot of talk, over 12 years, of my becoming an investor in Dakheela Steel in 1999

-We entered Dakheela in 1999 at an important time, the company was suffering, marketing & sales wise. It needed a capital injection.

-All the shareholders of Dakheela refused to pump cash into the company, it was owned by Public Funds & by International organizations

-Dakheela Steel has Japanese & German investors & the World Bank but the management was looking for a strategic investor

-The company's management asked us to become investors with official backing, we invested after everyone else refused to invest

-We decided to invest in the company in cash & bought out all the foreign investors, we did not buy any public (Egyptian) shares

-Until today the public shareholding level is maintained & on the board level as well. We did not touch a single public (Egyptian) share

-What is important in this story is what happened to the public funds? The stock value of the company's shares in 1999/2000 was EGP 70

-Public Funds owns Six million shares, now at the last closing price the stock value is over EGP700. We safeguarded public money.

-The company paid dividends as well. We increased the public wealth. This wasn't a privatisation. It is easy to accuse me.

-There's no law in the world that denies a company the right to have any share in the market. Laws only regulate monopolistic activities

-Egyptian law states that a company can't control over 25% of the market. But the authorities investigated my firm from 2006..

-The results of this investigation was made public & proved that this company does not even carry one single monopolistic activity.

-It proved that this company did not make one mistake. This is not the result of a company investigation, it was all official.

-Al Arabiya's Randa Abu Al Azm tells Ahmed Ezz "Of course the investigation results were in your favour, you had a high public position" ...

-Ezz: How do I reply to this? The proof is that our share in the market was going down, from 68% at its peak to 44% today

-I was surprised by the ban on my traveling but I respect it. It wasn't on me only, there were others, I have nothing to hide.

-I have nothing to fear but God. Randa Abu Al Azm asks him: Tell me about your fortune is it really EGP60 Billion?

-All these numbers are not real. All my fortune is in the market, it is paper money

-I don't sell these shares, they go up & go down, they can up up to 1500 then down to 100, it will be an ad hoc number people quote

-There are McCarthy-like trials in Egypt. They are not beneficial. I hope they don't last.

-If someone was proven to have stolen that is a different story. I have never left Egypt (during the revolution) I will not leave.

-Any Egyptian today is concerned & wants the current situation to end, to have a safe path for our dreams to come true

-My future is less important than the country. It is not the first time I get accused, I am not afraid.

-I am concerned about Egypt. I watch TV most of the day, but from afar. I am no longer part of it, I took a decision to resign.

-The November 2010 parliamentary elections were organised by the government not by the NDP

-It will be difficult to exclude the NDP from the coming period

-The interview which was recorded ended, Al Arabiya invited people to comment on it, then Ahmed Ezz called in Live to comment.

-Ezz live: This discussion you had was one-sided. I want to reply to the allegations & the heated argument that just happened.

-They mention my articles in Al Ahram, say that I was boasting in them. But in the last article I say the elections had mistakes

-I told the higher elections committee to follow up. But I never boasted. I will not reply to these insults.

-Is this democracy? Is this the way that people talk now? You accused me of saying things I never did about constitutional reform

-I admitted that certain articles were not appropriate. We compared them with some other constitutions as well.

-You gave others time to accuse me. Let me speak. I did not blame others like your guests accused me of.

-I tackled the Dakheela accusations that were made in the media not in the Courts, which never happened. The courts are sacred.

-The respected Talaat Sadat is accusing my father of having been pushed out of the military. My father left the military in 1959.

-My father left voluntarily, started his own business until the 1970's & 80's the company I was working for with my dad was amongst

-.. the largest in steel trading activities, even before I went into industrial manufacturing of steel myself.

-I don't want it to seem as though I am acting above the revolution that just happened. (anchor tells him no more time, hangs up)

-Al Arabiya guest says: Look, Mr Ezz monopolised the entire discussion like he monopolised political life in Egypt.

-Army urges Egyptians to end strikes.
    Last edited by asm00200; February 14th, 2011 at 11:09 AM.

You know.....I've been judging the more prosperous nations as being unlikely. Like Libya and Saudi Arabia, and seeing Bar Kum's pride and the relative indifference of the Saudi guy it seems to hold true.

And you asm, being from Qatar.

(and yeah I know you guys, particularly Bar Ku, might not be able to talk about this, don't worry no pressure, PM if you want)

But I dunno, because with wealth comes middle class life. And with middle class life comes time to think about other things then getting by, and time to think about the big questions about your surroundings.

Egypt was very much a revolution of the economic pains, as were the European 89' ones.

But there's middle class revolutions too. The kind where young kids with big dreams get finally fed up with crusty old authoritarian trappings. They have more economic freedom and want to start moving around and taking bigger charge.

South Korea had huge protests in the late 80's that caused the authoritarian government to surrender to their demands and reach the democracy of today.
    And Tunisia definitely has elements of this while also being an economic rage. And actually Iran is kind of like this too.

So then, if Gaddafi and King Saud have raised their people from poverty into realtive wealth, won't those people be all the more hungry for the next step? Could be? It's a matter of the balance between fear of instability and fearlessness for change.

With huge pillars like Mubarak toppled the bets are off.

Discovered Stowaway

mubarak falls into full coma?

Wow. Did we jinx the guy or something? :P
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Rock and Roll~

Iranian protesters talking of going back at it with everything once again. This kind of

courage we've seen in past weeks always shocks me I would be packing.

Good luck to all inspired by Tunisia and Egypt.

Discovered Stowaway

[youtube]VhwpHoP3Sd8[/youtube]

16 dictators
    Last edited by Fire-Fist; February 15th, 2011 at 06:22 AM. Reason: stupid spell check

Thread Information