+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 221 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 4410

Thread: Attack on Titan

  1. #4361

    Default Re: Attack on Titan



    So basically Armin is a massive piece of shit after all. I guess I didn't see the signs...

  2. #4362
    Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    side by side with your tears

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    i'm just curious to know how the original ending was supposed to be

  3. #4363

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    If the mist reference is anything to go by, probably the rumbling wiped out everyone except eldians and Eren realizes he made a mistake and everyone he wanted to protect dies in a twisted irony that he could have saved them if he actually tried or something similar

  4. #4364

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    Not the ending I had in mind, but I'll take it over "and then everybody died, hahaha".

    As expected of a story of this complexity, the ending has left people with mixed emotions and several things were left out in the open for anyone to interpret. I don't like it when the author leaves some questions without an answer, but I'm going to make an exception with this one.

    That said, the last pages were so damn satisfying, IMO. The symbology was strong there, so much that it inspired me to search for a fitting theme.

    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

  5. #4365
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    In the end I think the one who made it out the best was Historia. She got a family, and still gets to rule the Eldians as a (relatively) unsullied leader.

  6. #4366

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    Fells to much genocide and fascist apologetic for my taste.

  7. #4367
    Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Tunisia

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    pretty good ending the only thing i didn't like is the Yimir stuff

  8. #4368

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    “Ymir stayed with her abuser because she was so in love with him” is itself bad enough to sink the whole thing, but because the whole chapter was a shitpile it’s barely even noticeable.

  9. #4369
    Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Tunisia

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    pathetic loser eren is good

  10. #4370
    Yohohohohoho~! SkullJoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The weird part of YouTube

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    If the mist reference is anything to go by, probably the rumbling wiped out everyone except eldians and Eren realizes he made a mistake and everyone he wanted to protect dies in a twisted irony that he could have saved them if he actually tried or something similar
    I saw a reddit comment pointing out something like this did happen

    Spoiler:
    Dina didn't need to eat Eren's mom, if he had let her eat Bertoldt she'd get the colossal titan, make contact with Grisha, and save Eldia. Let that sink in.
    Eren just had to do nothing. And none of his friends, family or Paradis would have died. But then who knows what Grisha/Dina would've done
    Maybe they would've genocided the last 20% too.

    The causal "80% of the world is now dead" reminds me of the "50,000 people on each side died" in the final war of Naruto


    Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.


  11. #4371
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    “Ymir stayed with her abuser because she was so in love with him” is itself bad enough to sink the whole thing, but because the whole chapter was a shitpile it’s barely even noticeable.
    I suppose you could think of it as a type of Stockholm Syndrome. Or something. Everything about Ymir was supposed to be tragic, so that just made it even more tragic.

  12. #4372

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    Historia sort of approved the genocide of 80% of the world and is now a leader with no charges to her name so there's that

  13. #4373

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    I am surprised at the number of people who disliked this ending--I was under the impression that people wanted it to be realistic. And this ending was INCREDIBLY realistic.

    1) Abuse victim staying with a POS abuser because they're in love with/addicted to them? Yup. Happens all the time

    2) Eren didn't know how to fix the world, either. He was just doing shit. He came up with an idea that wasn't completely thought out, but your boy only had a few more years to live and selfishly did the idea that would most protect the people closest to him, as anyone would

    3) When Eren finally cut the shit for a moment and kept it 100 (thanks to Armin's punch), he admitted that of course he loved Mikasa, of course he didn't want to die, and of course he doesn't want her to forget about him; I thought that was a nice moment, and a welcome departure from the ErAizen persona

    4) Armin called out how stupid Eren's plan was, but by the time he remembered doing so, 80% of the world was already dead; so he had no choice but to make the most of Eren's error/stupidity, as he said (also, Armin wasn't thanking him for killing everyone--he was thanking him for always thinking about them first and foremost)

    5) Getting rid of the power of the titans didn't automagically fix everything. As Armin said, conflict won't ever just disappear. The Yeagerists would have no choice but to close ranks and prepare for war. The only thing that might actually make things better is diplomacy, and it's always ambiguous whether that will actually work or not, just like this chapter ending.

    More thoughts:
    --If I'm tracking correctly, Mikasa killing Eren despite being so in love with him somehow broke the curse of the titans caused by the founder's (Ymir's) inability to act outside of her love for OG King Fritz? Why, that's just vague enough to work!
    --Those few pages of the Survey Corps salute made the chapter an automatic 10/10 for me! I'm a sucker for a "death had meaningful impact" scenario, so it was nice that the dead actually got to see it! Hooray magic Eldian chakra or whatever.
    --And of course, the story ends on "wings of freedom". Eren set out to destroy all the titans, not save the world--and by gum, he did it! And damn did he NOT do it.
    --I thoroughly enjoyed this series ending!

    Wait, series didn't end on mystery baby?! 0/10 waste of everyone's hot takes >:-(
    Last edited by Sirxxx; April 8th, 2021 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    He won't disobey if he dies, only if he dies when he dies!
    ***Because the madness that is AP Forums chapter discussions must not perish from the earth***



  14. #4374

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    Naruto would think Eren is the coolest guy.

  15. #4375

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    I mean it's a nice ending if you like cosy endings without having to think about it and tick all the feels good boxes but it is also incredibly dumb and I really don't think any of the character reactions is realistic at all
    I am also 90% sure Isayama could have written something better but intentionally didn't want to.
    It's so normal it's bad

  16. #4376

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    I can't say I have fully figured out my own thoughts on this yet.

    But one thing I can say for sure is that the ideas Isayama presented here aren't really bad and flow well with the series. Just that the chapter itself seems rushed as hell.

    Not to mention the absence of that final panel that Isayama revealed few years back is a bit weird and the way it ends is just feels a bit "huh? That's it?" moment.

    Anyways the over blown reaction to this seems similar to Lost in a way.

  17. #4377

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    This ending is the equivalent of shitting your pants at school and pretending that was the plan all along.

    I'll rate it up there with the likes of Naruto and The Promised Neverland in terms of completely missing the mark for one reason (not knowing what to do with the fantasy world you've built) or another (having grown tired with it).

    Truly a last batch of chapters to forget. I'm going to pretend Eren was actually killed by that titan during the first chapters, and everything else was his brain backfiring before he actualy died--it'd explain the increased decreasing of sense this series went through once we left the island.


  18. #4378

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by SkullJoke View Post
    Spoiler:


    The causal "80% of the world is now dead" reminds me of the "50,000 people on each side died" in the final war of Naruto
    Spoiler:
    Wasn't the other side basically Zetsu's clones, Obito and other people that were already dead?

  19. #4379
    Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    side by side with your tears

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    If the mist reference is anything to go by, probably the rumbling wiped out everyone except eldians and Eren realizes he made a mistake and everyone he wanted to protect dies in a twisted irony that he could have saved them if he actually tried or something similar
    feels like...such a dumb story to tell lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    I am surprised at the number of people who disliked this ending--I was under the impression that people wanted it to be realistic. And this ending was INCREDIBLY realistic.

    1) Abuse victim staying with a POS abuser because they're in love with/addicted to them? Yup. Happens all the time

    2) Eren didn't know how to fix the world, either. He was just doing shit. He came up with an idea that wasn't completely thought out, but your boy only had a few more years to live and selfishly did the idea that would most protect the people closest to him, as anyone would

    3) When Eren finally cut the shit for a moment and kept it 100 (thanks to Armin's punch), he admitted that of course he loved Mikasa, of course he didn't want to die, and of course he doesn't want her to forget about him; I thought that was a nice moment, and a welcome departure from the ErAizen persona

    4) Armin called out how stupid Eren's plan was, but by the time he remembered doing so, 80% of the world was already dead; so he had no choice but to make the most of Eren's error/stupidity, as he said (also, Armin wasn't thanking him for killing everyone--he was thanking him for always thinking about them first and foremost)

    5) Getting rid of the power of the titans didn't automagically fix everything. As Armin said, conflict won't ever just disappear. The Yeagerists would have no choice but to close ranks and prepare for war. The only thing that might actually make things better is diplomacy, and it's always ambiguous whether that will actually work or not, just like this chapter ending.(
    just because it may happens in real life, doesn't make it realistic lol...or entertaining, for that matter

    and, no offense, but all you did was pick things that are clearly stated in the chapter. the main complain i've seen around is that the delivery and the development of the ideas presented in the final chapters were rushed and weak. make it all feel uninspired. the ending is not on pair with the series best beats and the narrative style that made it a commercial success is nowhere to be seen.
    Last edited by puffing.cinema; April 9th, 2021 at 06:12 AM.

  20. #4380
    Discovered Stowaway ea77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK

    Default Re: Attack on Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    feels like...such a dumb story to tell lol



    just because it may happens in real life, doesn't make it realistic lol...or entertaining, for that matter


    and, no offense, but all you did was pick things that are clearly stated in the chapter. the main complain i've seen around is that the delivery and the development of the ideas presented in the final chapters were rushed and weak. make it all feel uninspired. the ending is not on pair with the series best beats and the narrative style that made it a commercial success is nowhere to be seen.
    Big just because you're correct doesn't make you right energy
    #Vergoshotfirst #Doflaisapunk

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts