View Poll Results: Funi Piece on Toonzai.

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • YAY!

43 47.78%
  • NAY!

32 35.56%
  • I dont watch the anime anymore, I dont care.

6 6.67%
  • I dont watch the anime anymore, but I DO care.

9 10.00%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece On The Vortexx Yay or Nay.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Default Re: One Piece On Toonzai Yay or Nay.

flashbacks, shovels, and dungeons

oh my!

and we know how well that went in the 4kids' version
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Whitebeard does the melting.
    Last edited by Darkstorm; February 6th, 2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: oh what a world

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmint View Post
    Isn't other world in the original version?
    Yep think so, they just can't actually refer to anything as death or dying so yeah, they just use the name of the after life in that world.

Anyway if it went to Toonzai it would have the better dub since FUNimation is doing the series now but CW from what I heard has stricter censorship policies for kids than FOX. They even censored "Ninja Turtles" some more when it moved from FOX to CW. So that would be the trade-off. And we don't have something like other world in "One Piece". When someone dies, they're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Yep think so, they just can't actually refer to anything as death or dying so yeah, they just use the name of the after life in that world.

Anyway if it went to Toonzai it would have the better dub since FUNimation is doing the series now but CW from what I heard has stricter censorship policies for kids than FOX. They even censored "Ninja Turtles" some more when it moved from FOX to CW. So that would be the trade-off. And we don't have something like other world in "One Piece". When someone dies, they're dead.
    Wait....I got it. Instead of saying they're dead, you say they're gone. You see, they're not dead, they're just gone.

Im glad that even after they stopped watching, some people still like the anime enough to not let it fall into the wrong hands.

An Ordinary Crack Dealer MasterKingJC's Avatar

I think we should really try and get One Piece on DisneyXD Nicktoons or the Hub.

We can dance if we want to...

Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    When does Oda ever clue towards anything? He's Mr. Unpredictable as it is so far. Not saying I agree with his crack pot theory either, but anything could happen.

No, look at this shit:

[youtube]9KIk47527MA[/youtube]

Uhhh....yeah, you're pretty late.

When does Oda ever clue towards anything? He's Mr. Unpredictable as it is so far. Not saying I agree with his crack pot theory either, but anything could happen.

And he said Nicktoons and The Hub.

The Hub Allows blood on Y7 FV Ive been told.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I think we should really try and get One Piece on DisneyXD Nicktoons or the Hub.
    Why cross out Disney XD?

Because despite it having a PG it doesnt allow stuff that Nicktoons allows on Y7 FV.

Uhhh....yeah, you're pretty late.
    Sorry, didn't read anything else.

Why cross out Disney XD?
    Well, to be blunt, it's Disney. They're pretty uptight when it comes to violence, alcohol, death, etc. I remember in the first Shippuden episode aired on XD, they cut out Sasuke's sword and words like "kill" or "dead". One Piece has a lot of content that would have to be edited and cut out, so Disney is a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkou255 View Post
    Because despite it having a PG it doesnt allow stuff that Nicktoons allows on Y7 FV.
    Like what?

Well, to be blunt, it's Disney. They're pretty uptight when it comes to violence, alcohol, death, etc. I remember in the first Shippuden episode aired on XD, they cut out Sasuke's sword and words like "kill" or "dead". One Piece has a lot of content that would have to be edited and cut out, so Disney is a no go.
    And what makes Nicktoons and the Hub any different?

Like what?

And what makes Nicktoons and the Hub any different?
    Well, from what I've seen, Nicktoons is pretty lenient and allows some stuff to be left in.
    [YOUTUBE]y6ea9TtrWXA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not sure about the Hub, though.

Well, from what I've seen, Nicktoons is pretty lenient and allows some stuff to be left in.
    [YOUTUBE]y6ea9TtrWXA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not sure about the Hub, though.
    Nicktoons also doesn't allow some stuff to be left in.

Point is, who of us here has enough of "Naruto Shippuden" on Disney XD and "DBZ Kai" on Nicktoons to know with certainty which is more lenient? I mean regardless of which of the two it may go to it will be subject to censorship. I'm under the assumption Disney XD is better in terms of letting "One Piece" get away with more since they air "Shippuden" TV-PG whereas "Kai" is edited to Y7.

I haven't really seen most of the Shippuden episodes on XD or Kai on Nicktoons to get a good idea of which network is better suited for One Piece.
    But they're both channels for kids, so there will be edits and removals, but don't some of the Shippuden episodes that air on XD which between TV-PG and Y7?

I think Nicktoons is better, because they would air One Piece many times a day.

To tell the truth any TV exposure right now is better then none. In reality One Piece being on TV isn't for my sake but for the sake of getting more One Piece and anime fans. Younger the better. I won't be around to support Funi/One Piece forever (I hope to be around until all of One Piece is on DVD but you never know) so we need a newer generation to do that for us. If an edited One Piece can help then good.

Also it isn't like Funi is going to be releasing edited DVDs with the edit anyways. Kids watching One Piece on TV is good. I do prefer it to be on a different network but anything is good at this moment for me. I record it to see how it goes but I am sure there be kids who love One Piece if they never seen it before since not all kids know about the magic of online streaming or cool older brothers(/family members).

Also it can't get any worse then hammer guns and poison suction cups....right?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDPirate View Post
    Also it can't get any worse then hammer guns and poison suction cups....right?
    I guess you didn't see Gohan's retarded eye...and the magical, fairy dust explosions.

Closed Thread

Thread Information