View Poll Results: Funi Piece on Toonzai.

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • YAY!

43 47.78%
  • NAY!

32 35.56%
  • I dont watch the anime anymore, I dont care.

6 6.67%
  • I dont watch the anime anymore, but I DO care.

9 10.00%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece On The Vortexx Yay or Nay.

Default Re: One Piece On Toonzai Yay or Nay.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Spoiler:
    [YOUTUBE]amIgcpJek7Q&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]ERjhVBBURJE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]6Z7AxXyRt94&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]0hR1PMB5IZQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]tIv7NJnwBj0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

After watching these, I've come the conclusion that there is absolutely no hope for One Piece being done justice on Toonzai. Not now, not ever.
    /thread
    Yamcha is....going to "Other World"?

...What?

They have the ominous music playing. It's obvious from that and the character's reaction that the guy is dying. Why not just say it? Kids aren't THAT stupid.
    Last edited by Badass SnoCone; February 7th, 2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Even still, what's wrong with evoking some emotion in children?

self-proclaimed bon vivant kenjisalk's Avatar

The S&P people are usually pretty damn obtuse, so you can slip suggestive stuff by them quite easily (much like the video game's ESRB board). They only really notice overt violent/sexual content, and don't really grasp subtext very well.

Anyone know who handles the editing of the content for DBZ Kai? Is it a group within Funimation or does a third party get involved?

For the record, I think the mushroom thing was actually handled well considering (it didn't look all janky like the edits the Ocean Dub of DBZ employed), though the bizarro Gohan eye thing was pretty embarrassing (though animation errors like that can be found all the time both in Japan and abroad).

Yeah, CW has strict censorship for Y7 shows. It's obvious he's dead, they just can't say it.

If I had to guess FUNimation is the one doing the editing. I'd probably know more if I read the credits though.

What was up with Piccolo the sayian though?

If that was Funimation's mistake they are completely retarded, I mean common they've been doing the damn series for more then a damn decade.

I really doubt that was FUNi's mistake. That line wasn't even read by one of their voice actors. It was by Jason Griffith, a 4Kids VA. 4Kids likely did that whole bit themselves without consulting FUNi on it since it was just a small recap.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I guess you didn't see Gohan's retarded eye...and the magical, fairy dust explosions.
    No I haven't. Guess I need to see that one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjisalk View Post
    The S&P people are usually pretty damn obtuse, so you can slip suggestive stuff by them quite easily (much like the video game's ESRB board). They only really notice overt violent/sexual content, and don't really grasp subtext very well.

Anyone know who handles the editing of the content for DBZ Kai? Is it a group within Funimation or does a third party get involved?

For the record, I think the mushroom thing was actually handled well considering (it didn't look all janky like the edits the Ocean Dub of DBZ employed), though the bizarro Gohan eye thing was pretty embarrassing (though animation errors like that can be found all the time both in Japan and abroad).
    I believe from what I been told by one of Funi's people on Twitter is that CW4Kids review the episodes and then send a list back of things that Funi needs to change in order to air on CW. When it comes to Nicktoon's edits they have a rep there with them and explaining the edit or at least talking over how to edit it.

No, I wouldn't want Toonzai to air One Piece. That would be asking for trouble.
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

So they get a list of things that need to be edited by the network, and they handle them in-house. I'm guessing a lot of the fubars like what was posted earlier are due to time restraints (they gotta rush out these edited episodes asap).

After seeing those Dragon Ball edits, I'd love for One Piece to be on Toonzai. It would be funny.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Ideally, I'd like it to go on the channel where the least amount of editing will be done to it (and not AS, cause it'll fail there... uncut or not). But In reality...

I really don't care where it goes. As long as it gets more exposure. We have the uncut DVDs. Where it goes, in the long run, shouldn't matter much... as long as it's getting exposure.

If Cartoon Network ever decides to bring anime back, they should get it.
    If you've seen their newest shows, they seem okay with showing material that isn't completely for kids (notably Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Sym-Bionic Titan).
    And the Meek shall Inherit the Earth.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they always been okay with showing material that isn't really for kids?

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan View Post
    If Cartoon Network ever decides to bring anime back, they should get it.
    If you've seen their newest shows, they seem okay with showing material that isn't completely for kids (notably Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Sym-Bionic Titan).
    I wouldn't say that it's content "not completely for kids", but that the tween audience boom of the last half decade has motivated networks to create programming for a slightly older audience that isn't being catered to by MTV just yet.

I think it's pretty great that we're getting cartoons (action or comedy) for a slightly edgier crowd that isn't quite so Family Guy/Adult Swim-esque, but sadly I don't think that One Piece is likely to get a platform in that demo, considering it's kind of jarring visually/tonally (wacky at times, hyper-violent and melodramatic other times).

the only CABtoonist online Cabtoonist's Avatar

I would prefer Nicktoons so that it could air alongside DBZkai and Power Rangers (and later on TMNT and Legend of Korra) but if not, sure Toonzai if nothing else.

Is there even any more Saturday Morning kids blocks on Non-cable Television anymore?

god, I miss Fox Kids and the Disney Afternoon, :-(
    check out more of my art over at my DeviantArt page-http://cabtoonist.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cabtoonist View Post
    I would prefer Nicktoons so that it could air alongside DBZkai and Power Rangers (and later on TMNT and Legend of Korra) but if not, sure Toonzai if nothing else.

Is there even any more Saturday Morning kids blocks on Non-cable Television anymore?

god, I miss Fox Kids and the Disney Afternoon, :-(
    ABC Kids and CW4Kids are the only Saturday Morning blocks left from what I know. Still ABC Kids is just bunch of reruns from old sitcoms/shows that ran on the Disney Channel.

I'd like OP to be on some children's channel because like you said it's impossible to get OP on to anywhere else. BUT NOT TOONZAI, that place is an anime killing organization, especially blue popo! I'd like it to be on cartoon network or something, they aren't too bad. If it gets on adult swim then definitely, but I dont think that's not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    I'd like it to be on cartoon network or something, they aren't too bad.
    ...You do know cartoon network canceled it when it aired on there. Don't you?
    Last edited by Badass SnoCone; February 9th, 2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Chance of it airing on there again is a VERY slim one

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    ...You do know cartoon network canceled it when it aired on there. Don't you?
    I know but there's a chance they could bring it back. Maybe like on Saturday mornings or something.............

the only CABtoonist online Cabtoonist's Avatar

How about the Hub?

does anyone watch that channel, It has Transformers Prime and some anime called, Deltora Quest on it, do you think OP has a chance on that network?
    check out more of my art over at my DeviantArt page-http://cabtoonist.deviantart.com/

It seems like the Hub skews for a pretty young set, and would probably lead to heavy edits. Hasbro owns the network and it looks like it's being used to push their toys and other merch.

Closed Thread

Thread Information