View Poll Results: Funi Piece on Toonzai.

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • YAY!

43 47.78%
  • NAY!

32 35.56%
  • I dont watch the anime anymore, I dont care.

6 6.67%
  • I dont watch the anime anymore, but I DO care.

9 10.00%
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece On The Vortexx Yay or Nay.

self-proclaimed bon vivant kenjisalk's Avatar

Default Re: One Piece On Toonzai Yay or Nay.

The problem is the mentality that any edits is an affront to the reputation of the franchise in the west, and the people who hold that opinion are being unreasonable and irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    No toonzai wouldn't allow OP to be on it if there aren't minimal edits. It'd be 4kids all over again. That's why it's bad to put OP on there. That's why we want it on Cartoon Network or this "hub" dat i've never heard of. And That's why MR POPO IS BLUE !!!!!!!!!!
    Shut up.
    exactly. and toonzai's just going to do the exact same thing
    No, they're not.
    i've Read up about 4kids ideals on anime quite a lot in the past 5 months or so every once in a while. They think that these massive edits are the only way to get anime into the united states, which is wrong. They're gonna probably do the exact same thing 4kids did. It will basically be the 4kids dub with funimation voice acting, the exact same edits and everything.
    What? Are you serious? An edited One Piece dubbed by Funimation will always be a billion light years better than the 4Kids dub.

self-proclaimed bon vivant kenjisalk's Avatar

Well, at least Sanji won't sound like some drugged out douchebag from Queens who is blitzed out of his mind 24/7. It would already be better by default.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    It wouldn't work but hey why not?
    I think you guys fail to see the big picture. If toonzai does pick up one piece it will mean funimation will keep making the dubs ! Means we will be able to purchase new unedited DVD sets ! So I say let them run it and edit the hell out of it if they want. As long as funimation sees a profit we all win.

Quote Originally Posted by reyedge View Post
    I think you guys fail to see the big picture. If toonzai does pick up one piece it will mean funimation will keep making the dubs ! Means we will be able to purchase new unedited DVD sets ! So I say let them run it and edit the hell out of it if they want. As long as funimation sees a profit we all win.
    I'm not saying I'm against it, I'm just saying 4Kids probably wouldn't air it.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    I'm not saying I'm against it, I'm just saying 4Kids probably wouldn't air it.
    I have to agree with this. I would find it odd if 4kids would air the series they dropped with a new dub that's far more well-received by fans.

I can see it now...
    4Kids:
    "What? Funimation wants us to air One Piece on Toonzai? Fuck that! Their dub is way better than ours, and everyone hates us for our crappy dub. No way in hell are we gonna have those losers put it on here! Haha, revenge! We troll you, One Piece fanz!!"

It's like I said before, they screen shows for objectionable content now before they license them. "DBZ Kai" passed the test, "One Piece" probably wouldn't, it has a lot more stuff they'd have to censor.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I just want to see One Piece on tv the way it is. Im not saying it can't be edited im just saying that toonzai's edits are terrible and are just like 4kids.

Quote Originally Posted by kenjisalk View Post
    Well, at least Sanji won't sound like some drugged out douchebag from Queens
    Brooklyn, big difference

Quote Originally Posted by Silver R. Bolt View Post
    We've seen on Cartoon Network that most of the edits that will be made IF the series got back on the air would be smart ones. We've seen FUNimation is willing to go the extra mile to edited out the whole Cigarette for Sanji, and to just cut shots out instead of editing guns completely.
    Cutting shots with guns or the shots in which they are fired? Either one would still be incredibly lame, considering this is a violent series about pirates and the navy chasing after them.

Editing the series to air on Toonzai would be an incredible waste of time because the edited version isn't going to be very exciting when things are constantly happening off screen or removed altogether.
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Cutting shots with guns or the shots in which they are fired? Either one would still be incredibly lame, considering this is a violent series about pirates and the navy chasing after them.

Editing the series to air on Toonzai would be an incredible waste of time because the edited version isn't going to be very exciting when things are constantly happening off screen or removed altogether.
    Thankyou. Someone who understands.

But no fights involve guns. I think the gunfighting really is disposable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkou255 View Post
    Not all the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkou255 View Post
    Arabasta? And it's not just guns. I mean, swords and the blood. Sometimes yea it can be disposable I guess, but again in arabasta how did luffy beat crocodile? I'd really hate it if they cut out every drop of blood in zoro's fights or something i mean really, it's not that much but still. U guys like to buy the sets but i'd like to see it on tv as well trust me it kinda matters how good it is on tv

If it's necessary to keep the FUNimation dub going, sure. If not, I disapprove, unless the edits are minimal, which is likely not going to happen. Adult Swim should pick the shit up. Well, I would actually like a channel in America specifically for subbed anime or dubbed anime. Unedited, like it's supposed to be.

Who wants to bet there's some huge bidding war over who gets to air the series, ha.

But seriously I'd love to know how many networks have looked into One Piece by now and said, “Nope”.

Quote Originally Posted by King Calamari View Post
    Who wants to bet there's some huge bidding war over who gets to air the series, ha.

But seriously I'd love to know how many networks have looked into One Piece by now and said, “Nope”.
    lol yea. I just can't exactly understand how they'd say no though. I mean, I get it it's just stupid because they'd get a pretty above decent amount of views seeing how it's one of the most popular shows in japan. I mean i know why they don't want it, it's the same thing with most anime it's just that it'd really be to their benefit.

I forgot what I voted three days ago (on a knee jerk reaction), but whatever, I finally thought this issue out and feel like expressing my opinion.

Edits or no edits, getting Funi's dub onto television would do wonders for the series popularity in North America. And even if Toonzai does a sloppy edit job on the dub,at the very least wouldn't be able to butcher the overall story. (which was the biggest problem the 4Kids dub had).

Random television network executive: "One Piece, huh? Interesting. How long is this series?"
    Lackey: "Well, it is still currently ongoing in Japan. At the moment, it has 487 epi--"
    Random television network executive: "Nope."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Random television network executive: "One Piece, huh? Interesting. How long is this series?"
    Lackey: "Well, it is still currently ongoing in Japan. At the moment, it has 487 epi--"
    Random television network executive: "Nope."

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/st...61/2901588.jpg
    lmao now i get it.

Closed Thread

Thread Information