+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2282

Thread: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

  1. #2021
    Now put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    *Megaman still on the loose* Fucking teases!

    That aside Wright looks fun, didn't expect Maya to feature so heavilly in his moves tho.

    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

  2. #2022
    Resident Librarian of AP Captain Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brazil

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    Megaman AND Captain Comando..this is intereting

    Ok, Wright is "not" in this game, he doesn't fit in, and Nova´s supers are just lame, but I liked Nova´s gameplay.

  3. #2023

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    Wright looks dumb. I SAID IT. I've never played the games so he hardly interests me. It's like a youtube joke yah laugh at a couple times.

    Now i'm just waiting for Capcom to give more reasons why Gene *ALMOST* didn't make it in..... just to pour more salt on my salty wound.


    Nova looks cool though.

  4. #2024

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    I have agree. I don't like how Wright looks. I"m sorry, I know everyone requested him, but it was a mistake.

    Nova looks kind of boring and kind of cool at the same time. He seems kind of plain, but I have a feeling he'll be pretty powerful.



    Capcom, you jackasses with that picture. I don't think the Slain and Apprehended comments mean jack shit for the other characters (although, if Ruby Heart isn't in Darkstalkers 4, I'm going to kill someone, OHOHOHOHOHO).


    EDIT: Iceman being dead. T_T I know it's supposed to be the future, much like the original comic, but.....poor Bobby.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

  5. #2025
    Uchū kitā! Toshiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    I find him funny. Some say he is Cap Falcon with She Hulk and beams lol

    Also PW is consider now Capcom's MODOK.

    Also who here actually wanted him?

    Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

  6. #2026
    Pirates Everywhere!!! Mr. Zoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mobile

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    Never played CvM 3, but always wanted to. I love the Phoenix Wright games, so I was anticipating how he'd look in this game... but now, he just looks off =/ I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since they claim to still be in production.

    Also, Nova looks pretty awesome, even though I've never heard of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toshiya View Post
    Also who here actually wanted him?
    *raises hand*
    "You are always you, and that'll never change. And you are always changing, and there's not much you can do about that."

  7. #2027

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Toshiya View Post
    I find him funny. Some say he is Cap Falcon with She Hulk and beams lol

    Also PW is consider now Capcom's MODOK.

    Also who here actually wanted him?
    I did, but I feel he may be low tier based on the range of his normals until he gets into objection mode. He might have a few tricks to help him get there faster, it seemed like the user in the trailer would call an assist to attack while Pheonix pulled evidence.

    Oh yeah, and his level 3 could've been done so much better than that. Why they couldn't put them in an actual courtroom and make it more dramatic is beyond me.

    But he convicted Doom of all people. Hilarious.

    About Nova... I came. That theme. That everything. I...

    And that poster... Jin Saotome... lost to a sentinel? WHAT? No seriously.... WHAT? Did they forget which game he's from? :/
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

  8. #2028
    All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Annapolis, Maryland, USA

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I have agree. I don't like how Wright looks. I"m sorry, I know everyone requested him, but it was a mistake.
    Yeah, it looks like they really REALLY struggled to give him a move set.

    Regardless, I'm probably gonna give an honest roll if only for both of his themes (regular and aura super music).

    Huh...he kind of goes Bang Shishigami in that regard...

  9. #2029
    Uchū kitā! Toshiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    some insight on what people got from the video for PW :

    -Turnabout stance lasts about 15-20 seconds, however as it goes past the evidence on the meter, you can see he loses it. This could reflect on his damage in the mode... or maybe less damage for the level 3? Seems like this mode is really, really powerful.

    -Maya shield looks awesome and effective.

    -Investigation seems low damaging, and he can gather good evidence extremely fast. Courtroom consists of a lot of good projectile-like moves and does much more damage.

    -Maya super is good for pushing the opponent away for evidence, "Objection overruled" seems like garbage as both players are knocked down. Maybe you can only use each one of these in their designated stance?

    -Level 3 is the new Gravity Squeeze... hits anywhere, full screen, otg.

    -You can gather good evidence extremely fast... in both game play videos he has 3 good pieces of evidence within about 5 seconds. If there are no additional requirements for turnabout stance... wow.

    -Dog assist? I don't know if it was full screen and we couldn't see him... but it might be the only true safe assist in the game?

    -The "Objection" or textbox move that sends you into turnabout can be done in the air or on the ground, provided you have the evidence.

    -When he throws papers in courtroom mode... it seems like it can be a really meaty fireball if used properly. Good for character-in pressure.

    -It seems like turnabout mode ends after a level 3, similar to Vergil's devil trigger going away. I mean, you used the evidence and found the guilty party right? Time to start the next case..
    Note 1: Air X-Factor is available now. (old)

    Note 2: X-Factor offensive power and the amount of time it is active has been adjusted on a per-character basis.

    Before, X-Factor had a minimum damage scaling level of 50%. That has been lowered to 35%, allowing greater scaling.

    Note 3: Team Aerial Combos can steal one of an opponent's Hyper meters if you choose to activate it horizontally. (old)

    Note 4: A new feature to starting aerial combos. Hold down the S button to automatically super jump towards the opponent after you launch them into the air. You can turn this off in the options.

    Note 5: After correctly countering a Team Aerial Combo, it is now possible for you to counterattack.

    Note 6: After a Snapback, the amount of time that the snapped in character cannot call assists has been increased.

    Note 7: Now, no character can block during their air dashes.

    Note 8: Overall meter building has been reduced to around 90% of what it was before.

    Note 9: Before when you struck an assist character in a combo, you could take advantage of their knockdown status to continue combos of a repeated nature. The amount of time that you can do this has been decreased.

    Note 10: All characters who have 8-way dashes have had theirs slowed down.

    Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

  10. #2030

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    I wanted him and I don't regret it! =)

    Still, one nitpick is that while it makes sense to make him say "Take that!", I always imagined him screaming "Objection!" as the strongest hyper move. (also, his "Take that" needed more umph in it)
    I imagined that the way he plays is like Norimaro from MSH vs. Street Fighter and sure enough it has it's similarities.

    Now I really suspect Classic Mega Man being DLC, with Doctor Octopus being his marvel counterpart.

    Pkmn Diamond FC: 0302 0615 6842

  11. #2031
    Uchū kitā! Toshiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    NOVA BREAKDOWN

    Based on the Videos

    If I could sum up Nova in one word... it would be SOLID.

    One thing that took me by surprise with Nova is that he is NOT your typical flight/8 way air dash character like Iron Man/Magneto/Storm/Doom. He's actually quite unique in his air mobility.

    In terms of attributes, Nova is looking "solid" as well. Good health, neither low nor high. Good damage as well, nothing absurd but nothing to sneeze at either. Most of his normals have good range and have decent start up/recovery and a lot of them move him forward. His ground dash is fast and right now I haven't seen an 8 way air dash from him to comment. If I had to comment on his play style, I would say that he is a charging rushdown character that specializes in getting in forcefully, by passing and pretty much nullifying beams/projectiles. He isn't the most mobile despite appearing to be because he neither has an 8 way air dash nor a teleport but what he has appears to be good enough.

    Now the way Nova appears to work is that he appears to enter into some sort of "stance" where he shines his fist and does his special attacks. I could be completely wrong here and these could all just be special moves that just happen to all have that little fist shine thing before them. This works both on the ground as well as in the air although he has different moves in the air. On the ground he has a Charging Star like dash, a She Hulk like OTG Slide, the straight Rocket Punch (in the air too) and a jump over HIGH PRIORITY DIVE KICK. All of these moves appear to be cancellable/chainable into something else because after the Charging Star and OTG Slide Nova was easily able to launch/combo after them.

    The Charging Star special stance move appears to give him some sort of invulnerability because it goes through projectiles like Captain America's Charging star. Leads into a combo after hit.

    The OTG Slide attack has huge range, goes cleanly into a combo as well whether hit from an OTG state or just regular. Regular hit pops them up. It definitely appears to go under a lot of projectiles/beams. Note that he has ANOTHER slide move that is his cr.H which is differently from this move (think like She Hulk has two slide, this is Nova's Torpedo move).

    The dive kick is like Nova's version of a triangle jump he basically quickly jumps up and dives down. This probably crosses up and leads into a combo. This is clearly yet another option up his sleeve to by pass projectiles completely.

    The Rocket Punch can be used on the ground or in the air. Leads into a full combo as well and appears to cause a wall bounce on air borne enemies.

    Nova can get a combo off of most of these moves and his hit confirms appear to be very solid. These stance cancel special moves appear to be a vital part of Nova's game plan.


    He also has other very nice non-stance specials including his very powerful Overhead Slam punch that also ground bounces and hits OTG. In the air he has a similar Slam Punch special that brings opponents down into a hard knockdown state with a diagonal down trajectory (sort of like Skrull air d+H but this appears to be better and travels more horizontally).

    The other 2 specials have me very intrigued. One of them is a sort of single shot "Hidden Missile" that is his Energy Javelin shot he shoots straight up and it disappears and comes down with homing properties. This is your typical meaty to throw against incoming characters but it should provide Nova with some mix up options. On hit this attack causes a ground bounce so it's very rewarding on hit as it WILL lead into almost a full combo. In addition, he has Pulse-like shield specials that just hover out or get thrown out as a bunch of plasma. I don't know what it does but it could be a possible beam reflect/absorber given how Nova's powers are. There appear to be different versions of this move and could be a way for Nova to power himself up after absorbing some projectiles.

    In one of the videos at the end, Nova did what appeared to be a flight cancel combo which makes me believe that he has a flight mode in the game. In other videos, after his Rocket Punch special he just hovers around meaning he might have auto-flight cancels after certain specials like Firebrand.

    He also has a normal move slide where he punches across the ground. Appears to have great range and can be cancelled into his special stance attacks easily.

    An important thing to point out is that Nova is perfectly capable of following up his own throw with a combo (even ground throw). He does his stance cancel into OTG Slide

    Nova has solid LVL1 hypers but NO LVL3 hyper. He has a very solid full screen beam hyper that he can use in the air as well. His 3 hit "Human Rocket (Maximum Nova) doesn't do a ton of damage but appears to have some invulnerability on it so it will be used for it's utility as a get in/counter punishment tool. His other hyper is an area of effect explosion around him like Skull's Inferno which appears to have very similar applications. It's very much possible that Nova can link his hypers together but we don't really know that for certain yet.


    Final Word: Nova seems like he's the perfect anti-beam character in the game as he has numerous the tools to nullify or by pass them completely. He seems like an all around type character focusing on mid screen control and rushdown. It definitely appears that he has some sort of style cancel type moves although again... I could be wrong on that.

    Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

  12. #2032

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    I wanted him and I don't regret it! =)

    Still, one nitpick is that while it makes sense to make him say "Take that!", I always imagined him screaming "Objection!" as the strongest hyper move. (also, his "Take that" needed more umph in it)
    I imagined that the way he plays is like Norimaro from MSH vs. Street Fighter and sure enough it has it's similarities.

    Now I really suspect Classic Mega Man being DLC, with Doctor Octopus being his marvel counterpart.
    WHat makes you say Doc Oc? Because of the previous disc?

    It's true that spider-man villains get no love though. (aside from Venom... but he's not a villain anymore)

    Edit:

    As an arthur user.. I'm VERY afraid of Nova after reading that. Jesus.

    That's a bad match up if I ever saw one.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

  13. #2033

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    I've waited for this. I am glad Wright finally got in. I'm really not as big of an Ace Attorney fan as I used to be, but I'm still excited he got in. He looks like he'll be a lot of fun to play.

    Though his character model looks like shit. Oh well.

    Despite not knowing a single thing about Nova, he looks cool to me. I'm looking forward to using him.

  14. #2034
    Uchū kitā! Toshiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    They tried to stay true to how he is in the game with all of his Sprite Action.

    Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

  15. #2035

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    Both the model and the attacks of Wrigth look awfull.

    The supers looked cool at least, but a self damaging super? Maybe if he has evidence Wright doesn't get damaged?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    The close up of his face is terrible.

    They should have just implemented asists, Capcom had better candidates in line.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

  16. #2036

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    Wright looks awful in every way possible and that poster in the background aint helping either.

  17. #2037
    Uchū kitā! Toshiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    Hey people wanted him they got him. He can deal about 1.7 million of damage tho.

    Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

  18. #2038

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    Ok, after watching it again, with friends who don't know who he is, I find him hilarious.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

  19. #2039

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    I think you guys are being a little too hard on Wright. And I'm not just saying that because I've wanted him in since day one of MvC3. Sure he's goofy as hell and his character model looks absolutely terrible, but that doesn't necessarily make him bad.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The supers looked cool at least, but a self damaging super? Maybe if he has evidence Wright doesn't get damaged?
    Actually he had full evidence when it happened in the video. Maybe you need to be in that "super" mode in order not to get damaged?

  20. #2040

    Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

    Hell yes, I've been waiting forever for some Wright gameplay. His model does look a bit strange, though I find his gameplay interesting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts