+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2282

Thread: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

Default Re: Few More Months: The Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Thread

Never played any MvC game before but i got UMvC3 yesterday and it is a lot of fun.

I'm not into fighting games that much so i suck pretty hard and i mash buttons half of the time. Need to practice more before i can get my ass kicked online.

I was trying to do a Level 3 Hyper Combo with Phoenix Wright but i don't know how to go into Turnabout mode. How does that work?
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    I was trying to do a Level 3 Hyper Combo with Phoenix Wright but i don't know how to go into Turnabout mode. How does that work?
    First in investigation mode you need to collect the "right" pieces of evidence. The right evidence will be lit up and the wrong evidence will be darkened. Collect evidence by using light+special, medium+special, and heavy+special. If you don't get the right evidence, hit the same combination again to throw it out and try again until you have 3 pieces of right evidence.

Then press down+down+special to switch to courtroom mode.

If you have all 3 pieces of right evidence, hit right+heavy (your OBJECTION attack) and you'll be in turnabout mode.

Have fun~

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

So I've decided I love the hell out of Ghost Rider, though I'm still not sure who to team him up with...

Ghost Rider and Firebrand seem to be made for each other.

Or Dante.

Team Demon Spawns?

3d fighting games are showing a problem which is complex "cutscenes" during super arts. MVC3 makes the super extremely spectacular and complex. However, it gives the illusion that the player is doing something cool. I think in a fighting game the "spectacular" should come from the players skills not the game. For instance, Daigo's comeback was spectacular because it came from his insanse skills that required insane timing and precision.

I got UMvC3 now.

I Just now FINALLY Got my mom off of the Wii, so I'm finally playing Skyward Sword. But in the next few days after I've got a bunch of Zelda hours in, I'll crack open UMvC3 and take a look.

Love the reversible cover btw. The underneath one looks so much better.
    Nothing here for now

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post

Love the reversible cover btw. The underneath one looks so much better.
    Really? I don't like when they try to make some of the characters look realistic. It doesn't work for all of them, the art just looks awkward. To each their own. (Plus Hawkeye in the center? <3)

I got the game recently over thanksgiving. Really like the changes to my 3 favorite heroes! Viewtiful Joe's dodge move is so freaking sexy and awesome, but it's also very tricky to use in some instances and definitely much safer with a bar of meter.

And Captain America has become a threat now, it feels very good to have enemies afraid to turtle against him.

Spiderman is still pretty weird, his low priority makes every maneuver a mix of mind games and high execution. He's more a danger to himself than to his opponent. When I get the combos right though, he soars like a god.

Anyone else feel like combo timing has become WAY MORE strict? I've been dropping triple jump air combos with Joe and that usually never happened.

And I saw a really cool setup online with PW and Morrigan that I couldn't defeat. The player got the evidence as PW, (causing me to go defensive and counter his Objections). Realizing this, he switched to Morrigan did Astral projection and then TAC into PW and then did the objection.

The player then tagged back to Morrigan, and then using Astral Projection shot fireballs and used PW to keep me at bay when I tried to get close. It was brutal.

For those on PSN, my player name is:

DriverQuail
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Yo pyro, we should play some matches later tonight if your down.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiya View Post
    Yo pyro, we should play some matches later tonight if your down.
    As much as I'd love to, can you reschedule that to Friday night? I literally have 4 Computer Engineering projects due this week... :/
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Ah I have a tournament this Friday night for this game lol

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    3d fighting games are showing a problem which is complex "cutscenes" during super arts. MVC3 makes the super extremely spectacular and complex. However, it gives the illusion that the player is doing something cool. I think in a fighting game the "spectacular" should come from the players skills not the game. For instance, Daigo's comeback was spectacular because it came from his insanse skills that required insane timing and precision.
    I think the only people who seriously watch a Level 3 Hyper Combo and think the player is the one doing all these moves are little kids. Actual people can tell the difference between gameplay and a cut scene.

You're obviously talking about Daigo's legendary parry comeback, quite a dated reference, which gives me the idea that you haven't seen much recent play. Let me tell you, you still see great moments of amazing playing, reading, and execution. Having complex Super Combos doesn't take away from any of that. You have to be good enough to get your opponent in a position where you can make the Ultra land, and then the animation is a reward of sorts. But nobody for a second thinks they're hot stuff because their Ultra looks cool. Often people will just get up during a game winning Hyper Combo and handshake right there, because everyone knows it's over.

You know what was awesome? PR Balrog getting Tronne's grab super against Dark Phoenix, and then finishing off Haggar for the win. It was awesome because the timing required to get that super to work is really difficult, especially against someone like Phoenix, who Tronne should have had no business doing so well against. And the solid play against Haggar was icing on the cake. And sure, the animation of the super was cool, and added to the hype of the moment, but in the end, people still recognize that the great part was PR Rog's play, not the pretty cut scene.

^ I was going to mention PR Balrog's epic comeback, but I figured someone else remembered that.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    I think the only people who seriously watch a Level 3 Hyper Combo and think the player is the one doing all these moves are little kids. Actual people can tell the difference between gameplay and a cut scene.

You're obviously talking about Daigo's legendary parry comeback, quite a dated reference, which gives me the idea that you haven't seen much recent play. Let me tell you, you still see great moments of amazing playing, reading, and execution. Having complex Super Combos doesn't take away from any of that. You have to be good enough to get your opponent in a position where you can make the Ultra land, and then the animation is a reward of sorts. But nobody for a second thinks they're hot stuff because their Ultra looks cool. Often people will just get up during a game winning Hyper Combo and handshake right there, because everyone knows it's over.

You know what was awesome? PR Balrog getting Tronne's grab super against Dark Phoenix, and then finishing off Haggar for the win. It was awesome because the timing required to get that super to work is really difficult, especially against someone like Phoenix, who Tronne should have had no business doing so well against. And the solid play against Haggar was icing on the cake. And sure, the animation of the super was cool, and added to the hype of the moment, but in the end, people still recognize that the great part was PR Rog's play, not the pretty cut scene.
    I see what you mean. I do think MVC1 remained the best in the series. It was the epitome of balance in terms of cast, spectacular, technic, fighting mechanics and assists.

Btw, I am looking for an image of the guy raging when he lost with Sentinel and that he is gonna call Capcom and Sony.

lol MvC1 was super broken. Don't know what ya talking about balance.

Shadow Lady and Hyper Venom are broken.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

lol @ MVC1 being balanced...

I need to invest in Nostalga Glasses.

What's all this jazz about MvC being balanced?

Sanji strikes again.

Nothing to see here.

I know just jumping on the WTF? bandwagon.

I know this is old and all but check this out guys. http://blip.tv/the-bigal-network/bigal-rants-capcom-is-batting-a-thousand-5422204

A
    lso getting this game for Christmas so could you guys tell me your name on PSN?

Any talks of more DLC or another version? I'm being serious, I just wanna know if venoms ever gonna be in the game. I got my GR and DR.S, now I need venom to complete the whole.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information