+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 615: "The Mato-Mato Curse" Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 615: "The Mato-Mato Curse" Discussion

Just one question about Deckers ability, how do the things he throw know which one of the two targets they need to target ?? The closest ??

Lots of potential for every character to get to show off and so many different things that need to be covered. Every chapter makes me realize how massive this arc could be already!

Loved the chapter. So far in my eyes, those guys are definitly villains that need to be taught a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Abel View Post
    Just one question about Deckers ability, how do the things he throw know which one of the two targets they need to target ?? The closest ??
    I was guessing it was based on the hand he threw

Quote Originally Posted by DaeJi View Post
    Wiper's motives didn't make him less of an ass. He and Hodi could learn from each other.

Still, I like that Hodi is a new generation of pirate like Luffy. It does create that parallel between them of two young pirates trying to live up the men that inspired them (Arlong and Shanks).
    Regardless of Wiper's assholish behavior, there's a clear difference between wanting to invade a Island of a god so they can get what has been stolen from them and wanting to destroy a island to make every single human fear them.
    Last edited by NANLIT; February 17th, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

He can control which of the two targets it goes after.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatanas View Post
    So, do things that Van der Decken throws accelerate? I mean, fishman are ALOT faster in the water, right? So how could Hatchi outrun the arrows on land, but get hit in the water?
    It is obvious they accelerate. I mean he just threw them up in the air. At that moment they had 0 momentum. They needed to go FORWARD to even reach their target. Now we don't know how they speed up. What is max speed? Do they speed up if the target speeds up? and so on.

All we can tell now is that they are at least as fast as a swimming hatchi. And the reason he outran them on land was that they hadn't picked up enough speed yet. So we learn another thing. They don't go from 0-60 instantly, they need to accelerate just like a car.

That's why there are two palms. An object will seek whichever target belongs to the hand it was thrown by.

Rundown:

- Fishmen can't swim with Devil Fruits. Easily speculated, but good confirmation nonetheless.
    - Jinbei appearing is nice.
    - Flashback coming soon.
    - Hodi is sinister.
    - Houzozi (or w/e) is a mercenary and is thus legit.
    - Hachi is weaksauce as usual.
    The only good theories I like:
    Blackbeard Cerberus
    :D THAT'S IT.

The similarity between Sanji and Zoro was just adorable :D
    Good chapter, but I liked the last one better.

I was guessing it was based on the hand he threw
    That's why there are two palms. An object will seek whichever target belongs to the hand it was thrown by.
    He throws the arrows with both hands, and the axe he throw in a earlier chapter was with both hands asswell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightRift View Post
    -I definately don't see a SWERVE being pulled on me here, the New Fishmen Pirates are the villains.
    -Hodi just made Hachi get hundreds of arrows, he is the villain of this arc, I think its time we accept this fact
    Franky says hi.

Great to see the chapter after this long wait, thanks for it.

Interesting to find out the info regarding the Mato-Mato Fruit (yeah right...a curse) from Vander Decken, though it's sad that Hacchi has to be who it's demonstrated on. And...well, I can't wait to see what Jinbei has to say when Luffy and Shirahoshi arrive at the forest.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Somebody explain it to me, I don't quite get it.

VDD touches Hachi with one of his hands. He then throws a knife and several arrows and they follow Hachi whereever he goes, until they've reached their destination, namely Hachi's flesh (in whatever place).
    Now, with his other hand he has touched Shirahoshi, the princess herself. He's been throwing stuff at her for a decade, that's why she has to be locked up in a tower. But NOW she's leaving the tower for the first time. All the stuff (including the pirates) he threw at her, never touched her and thus never reached their destination. Shouldn't it be following Luffy and Shirahoshi as soon as she left the tower?

Maybe that's a speed thingy. Like, once the object made an impact, the DF's power vanishes...

Quote Originally Posted by Tep View Post
    He threw the knife with his gloved right hand, so no, it doesn't matter which hand he throws with.

Quote Originally Posted by ntk View Post

VDD touches Hachi with one of his hands. He then throws a knife and several arrows and they follow Hachi whereever he goes, until they've reached their destination, namely Hachi's flesh (in whatever place).
    Now, with his other hand he has touched Shirahoshi, the princess herself. He's been throwing stuff at her for a decade, that's why she has to be locked up in a tower. But NOW she's leaving the tower for the first time. All the stuff (including the pirates) he threw at her, never touched her and thus never reached their destination. Shouldn't it be following Luffy and Shirahoshi as soon as she left the tower?

Maybe that's a speed thingy. Like, once the object made an impact, the DF's power vanishes...
    It looks like once they've been stopped, the effect of the devil fruit ends, otherwise that axe that went through the open door would have come back after Luffy deflected it.

D'awww! The mountain bandits have a scrapbook for articles about Luffy.

So the queen was assassinated 10 years ago, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ntk View Post

I think, once it's thrown, it's thrown. Or else, all the objects he ever flung at anybody would stick to them for the rest of their lives :s So I guess the following only counts as long as it's in the original throw by VDD.

-Hachi! Must you ALWAYS be injured?
    -Chopper happy over someone needing a doctor. Kid is pure evil.
    -Still love the shark hiding the princess inside him.
    -It's about fucking time Jinbei!
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Uwaah~ Jinbe is back!

Methinks he had relations with the Queen.

*wink**wink*

... Why is VDD wearing a glove when he touched mermaid princess??

... Why does that color spread at the end has DA url?

... Why does the princess keeps blushing??
    Quote Originally Posted by xterm
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Thanks Sky for the Avatar

Because it's a colouring of Neptune from three or so chapters back, it's not a real spread.

Decken can probably decide which target he's aiming at. If he means to throw something at Shirahoshi, it goes to her. If means to throw something at his other target, it goes towards them.
    So many people in the world. And so many bullets. Lots and lots of bullets.

The Devil's best friend.

Goddamn do I fucking love Hodi Jones speech about Arlong, great stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information