+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sakura-Con (Seattle, WA)

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

Default Sakura-Con (Seattle, WA)

With just a little under 2 months until Sakura-Con (Seattle, WA - April 22-24 at the Washington State Convention and Trade Center) I figured I'd create this. People are a little more aware of our con now since Mayumi Tanaka was a guest last year, as well as Kappei Yamaguchi the year prior. We've been growing steadily every year and I was blown away by how many One Piece cosplayers there were last year! There are a decent number of us from the forums who were there last year and therefore..

Who's going this year? Are you cosplaying (if so, then who?) What days are you going? What are some panels or guests you're excited to see?

I'll be going again this year, most likely Sat and Sunday (since I work that Friday). I'll be cosplaying as Law (finally finishing all the pieces of my costume I've been missing) and might come up with something else before then, but not entirely sure.

Default Re: Sakura-Con 2011

Hooooray for Sakuracon thread :D I'll be going all three days. From OP I've got Ivankov and Chief Detective Luffy. I also have a pokemon gijinka for spinirak.

So for the guest list has been pretty uninspiring to me, but usually right at the end they will throw in someone I'm excited about. As for panels there is always a couple of good things, this year I'm hoping to make it to the Sake tasting in the very least. I also am *hopefully* running a One Piece Gameshow panel with some other OP fans so I'll really excited about that once we get the okay~

I'll be going C8 Only Saturday, though.
    I'm gonna try to go as Law, obviously not as good of a Law as Eerie but I'm gonna try for a decent one, it'll be my first cosplay ;n;
    And I'm really lame and almost never go to panels... so....
    :I make plans to break plans,:
    :And I've been planning something big,:
    :planning something big:

welp my friend made Law's sword for me (thank you brittany <33) and I'm picking up a few little things I've waited last minute to get. con starts tomorrow, but if I go tomorrow it'll be really late. my friend (same friend as mentioned) has to work the dance that night so I might go and kick it with her. then we'll be hanging out most of the weekend and meeting up with a few more people I'm expecting to see. going sat + sunday for sure though.

the activities this year are a huge letdown, but I saw your thing kitch so I'll be the there - the Law with the big f'ing sword sitting with a bandaged up Luffy!

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

I'm going. Gonna don my investigator cap, and ask questions at panels.

I did see that there's going to be some kind of One Piece contest going on. I believe sometime on Saturday.

So I'm gonna stop over there, and get blackmail.

I mean pictures and videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

haha are you gonna cosplay this year dirt? we'll have to grab a pic together if/when we run into one another.

Not a cosplayer, but I like putting my nieces into cosplay. Sadly because of all the things that happened recently, I'm not taking them this year.

I'm definitely getting pictures of One Piece cosplayers. If you hear of any meetups at the con this weekend, tell me, and I'll try to show up.
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Here's an album of some of the pictures I got today. I might upload a video or two. If I don't, it's because I'm exhausted.

http://s1020.photobucket.com/albums/...SakuraCon2011/

hey dirt, in case you get on here sometime today or don't already know, there's a OP shoot at 6pm (outside I believe).

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It might be at 5 now..

It was at 6, and then it was changed to 5. Kinda ridiculous, since I had planned something at that time that I had actually paid for. Thankfully I managed to get the money back. :/

kitsch did a fun little gameshow panel for us OP fans

very appreciated

dirt filmed it so she'll prob post a link to it sometime

I only got FOUR one piece photos this year ;w; wtf, me?
    I'm just gonna post them here then.

HAHA, I didn't even notice the Perona and bear-dude in the background till now. Awesome timing. (Law is of course Eerie)

Spoiler:

:I make plans to break plans,:
    :And I've been planning something big,:
    :planning something big:

Ahhh I'm so happy people are posting photos to the thread! I am a failure at getting photos of people (myself included) so it makes me happy to save all the cosplayers I wish I'd gotten photos of. Also, you guys are like lightning, so fast at posting after the con :3

Pancake-fairy, can I steal that photo of Ivankov and Dragon? I'll credit you of course, we just didn't manage to take any ourselves.

Does anybody have any pictures of the one piece photoshoot? I managed to find one but I'm blocked by a timeskip perona. xD

I wanted to appear at the Jeopardy but I had to leave Seattle by then. :(

I've uploaded all of the images I took this weekend into the link above. Sorry for the wait, I've just been exhausted and a little sick since the con.

Oh man dirt monkey AL, that is a fabbbbbbulous collection of images. Excuse me while I go raid them all and save them to my computer.

Oh wow, those photos are awesome. I'm the Capone Bege from that shoot and I had to register and give props since those are the first quality pictures of the shoot I've seen anywhere.

We're all gorgeous. Like divas of awesome. Though I look freakin' weird with those bloody bandages. That giant Bearsy made my DAY when I saw him... Dirt, would ya mind if I posted some of these on my Facebook? Also, I hope you get better soon, and thanks for all of the pics! You're fantastic.

For real, the first time I saw the Bearsy my jaw dropped.

... unless I had the cigar in my mouth at the time, in which case I guess it probably didn't literally do so. Echoing the Facebook stuff, also.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    I've uploaded all of the images I took this weekend into the link above. Sorry for the wait, I've just been exhausted and a little sick since the con.
    Yay thank you so much. <3
    SUCKS THERE WERE SO MANY OP COSPLAYERS I HADN'T SEEN BAWW

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mecha Mummy View Post
    Oh wow, those photos are awesome. I'm the Capone Bege from that shoot and I had to register and give props since those are the first quality pictures of the shoot I've seen anywhere.
    Your cosplay was really good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information