+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece x Toriko Crossover Special!

Default One Piece x Toriko Crossover Special!

This year's 14th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that a crossover television anime special between Toriko and One Piece will air on Sunday, April 3. The two manga/anime stories' main characters, Toriko and Luffy, will share the same stage as they meet in the jungle. Along with Toriko's Terry, One Piece's Chopper, and other characters, the cast will face danger when they are surrounded by creatures.

Not coincidentally, the Toriko anime will premiere in April on Sundays at 9:00 a.m. One Piece will continue to air on Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
    Spoiler:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime-special

Default Re: One Piece x Toriko Crossover Special!

Not a good sing when they mention the wolf and Chopper as a-listers.

Either they are muddling up the plot intentionaly.....or it's gonna be on the level of "Little East Blue arc".

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Oh. My. God!

Well this is certainly interesting. I do want to see this even if the ending will just be Toriko and Luffy trying to out-glutton eachother.

I envision it more like twenty minutes of dodging poorly animated stock monsters.

This could actually be fun but the critic in me wanted an Iron Chef competition between Sanji and Komatsu.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    I envision it more like twenty minutes of dodging poorly animated stock monsters.
    I'd have to agree this would be the likely scenario. However the optimist left in me is hoping for the best. I mean, a Toriko and One Piece crossover can conceivably work if done correctly.

What isn't a good sign though is that Chopper and Terry are the highlighted main characters. I just hope the other characters actually play a significant role in the TV Special.

Wait, so this special is just going to whore out Chopper and Terry with Luffy, Toriko and co. reduced to being background characters?

What the fuck? Didn't Toei learn anything from One Piece Movie 3 and 9?

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    I'd have to agree this would be the likely scenario. However the optimist left in me is hoping for the best. I mean, a Toriko and One Piece crossover can conceivably work if done correctly.

What isn't a good sign though is that Chopper and Terry are the highlighted main characters. I just hope the other characters actually play a significant role in the TV Special.
    They're going for the most marketable mascot characters.

Granted I have yet to see a Komatsu keychain......shuders.

Stil, glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

But ya know I realy think they will deal away with most of the other cast the same way they did with the Strong World ...."tie in" , by having them on a boat and arrive just as everything is already over and possibly have a quick yuckle about it.

Where are the rest of the Straw Hat crew? Why do we only see Nami, Sanji, Chopper and Luffy in those pics? I mean...what the hell?

Read my post above and all will become clear.

Honestly, I'm hoping we're all wrong and this special turns out better than expected. But, knowing that this is Toei and any special that doesn't have creative direction from the original creators, especially Mitsutoshi and Oda, is crap, I'm not too sure.

Gomu Gomu no Kugi Punch anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Kaba Fruit View Post

Gomu Gomu no Kugi Punch anyone?
    Huh ?

16 chars of inevitable doom

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    They're going for the most marketable mascot characters.

Granted I have yet to see a Komatsu keychain......shuders.

Stil, glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

But ya know I realy think they will deal away with most of the other cast the same way they did with the Strong World ...."tie in" , by having them on a boat and arrive just as everything is already over and possibly have a quick yuckle about it.
    Actually I would buy a Komatsu keychain just to annoy a few friends of mine.

What troubles me is I see what they're trying to do with Chopper and Terry. Chopper can speak to animals so now Terry can be understood by others. Problem is I can't think of a single time I've stopped and thought "But I wonder how the wolf would solve this problem?".

Again, I have serious doubts about how this will work, but I'm willing to give this a chance and hope for the best.

What problem would Terry have to solve? Her lack of being understood by others?

Exactly my point.

A log blocking the path ?

A kid in stuck in a well ?

A weather ballon in need of operation ?

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay
    Exactly my point.
    5 bucks says that by the end of the special, Toriko will make some corny speech about how being understood by your companions isn't always based on what they say but what they do.

And then everyone grins like a motherfucker.

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

Yeah, this has the potential to be little more than a mascot promotion vehicle. I imagine it'll take the place of the regularly-scheduled episode too. Well, the artstyle does look nice though. Sorta reminds me of Sato.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Look at that middle screenshot with Toriko looking at Luffy's stretching ability. Toriko looks like he doesn't give a fuck.

But the bottom shot is kinda funnier with Luffy acting like he just won the lottery while at the same time, Toriko looks like he is ready to choke a bitch.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information