+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece x Toriko Crossover Special!

Default Re: One Piece x Toriko Crossover Special!

Wow this should be awesome! I am looking forward to the Toriko anime but I'm also not sure about what this means for DragonBall Kai though. I think they'll just end it after the Cell Saga (with no Buu Saga), and then the next Saturday Toriko will begin right before the new One Piece episode. Either way it should be great!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

A One Piece and Toriko crossover would be awesome :D

Kamen Rider OOOs

Quote Originally Posted by HEATXZ View Post
    A One Piece and Toriko crossover would be awesome :D
    An anime tie in to a movie penned by Oda was also considered awesome.

And then.....it aired.

Wow it was just announced and already people assume it'll suck. Go figure.

Anyway this is cool but I figure it would make more sense to show this before the Jump Heroes Film comes out, you know, to promote the film before it comes out. And still, "One Piece" has been airing alongside "Dragonball Kai" for this long, that show is getting replaced, and there's still no animated version of "Cross Epoch"? What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    The anouncement highlighted the wolf and Chopper.

Not quite the material for an epic to live on in the heart's of men for the next milenium.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

I checked the discussion about this special over on Toon Zone's forums and the reaction seems mixed but there is one major point that was made that makes sense for this to exist:

Toriko is basically the latest big name JUMP acquisition from Toei. And like their previous acquisitions of Dragon Ball and One Piece, they're going to want to promote their latest acquisition for all it's worth so what better way to do it than to put the main cast in with the cast of One Piece? One Piece is already ridiculously popular as it is and this new special with the Straw Hats and the gourmet hunters can not only attract the One Piece fans, but help generate interest for Toriko as well, even though the manga is already ranked 4th or 5th in the weekly polls.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    The anouncement highlighted the wolf and Chopper.

Not quite the material for an epic to live on in the heart's of men for the next milenium.
    Big deal, it's still just an assumption.

C'mon it's just a T.V. special to segway in a new show what are you expecting?

I never was able to get into Toriko at all. With the movie, the timeslot and this, it looks like they want the series to ride One Piece to success.
    PSN - EvilGamerX
    3DS Friend Code - 0344-9277-3361

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sack View Post
    I never was able to get into Toriko at all. With the movie, the timeslot and this, it looks like they want the series to ride One Piece to success.
    Get into it right the hell now.

Because whatever was the point you last tried it, it has since become unbelievabely awesome.

I'm going by my own feelings after the last big plug Toei kept showing into our faces.

Hypocrisy much ?

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Hypocrisy much ?

Hypocrisy much ?
    Hypocrisy where? I never said I have low expectations for T.V. specials.

Anyway I like how someone pointed out how this is a way to promote a new series, and that it puts justification over animating "Cross Epoch" at the moment for a T.V. special.

Hypocrisy much ?
    Something can still be pleasant (or unpleasant) without having to be the end-all-be-all of events like one might expect (for whatever crazy reason) from these sorts of things.
    Last edited by Yuugi's Black Magician; March 2nd, 2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Fixed typo.
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

Hypocrisy where? I never said I have low expectations for T.V. specials.
    The whole "C'mon it's just a T.V. special to segway in a new show what are you expecting?" thing is essentially you implying that we shouldn't really hold any standards for a crossover TV special. Yet the "Wow it was just announced and already people assume it'll suck. Go figure." comment implies that we shouldn't be so quick to judge it (which as I pointed out, I'm remaining hopeful about the whole thing).

Just saying it's a conflicting message is all. I understand if that may not be your intent, but that's what I'm getting out of your posts.

As I said though, the potential for a good Toriko and One Piece crossover exists and I am going to be hopeful about this. That being said, I'm only being realistic about how it might turn out.

Anyway I like how someone pointed out how this is a way to promote a new series, and that it puts justification over animating "Cross Epoch" at the moment for a T.V. special.
    I can't think of a single reason why Cross Epoch hasn't been animated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Something can still be pleasant (or unpleasant) without having to be the end-all-be-all of events like one might expect (for whatever crazy reason) from these sorts of things.
    And I'd like to point out how no one here at least is immediately saying it will suck. We're all just speculating and joking about how bad it could possibly get. As someone pointed out, it's not a good sign when Chopper and Terry are the A-listers, but for all we know it could turn out completely okay. Again, just speculation.

Heh, I exptected people to be a bit more excited for this. Maybe I'm just a sucker for crossovers, especially if this is of my two favorite series in jump.

It looks like it might be a fun time waster. I for one actually like Chopper and Terry, but that's besides the point.

Here's what i'm expecting:

-Generic set up.
    -The crew and Toriko's gang will act their roles.
    -Toriko and Luffy will be given a chance to punch some things.
    -Other stuff will happen that no one cares about.

Don't worry guys, you'll get some action.

But seeing as how it's a crossover, i'm reserving any sort of high expectations. Am I saying that it'll suck? No.

I'm excited for the Torkio anime however.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Can anyone here translate that spread? It's interesting to know what's being said.

Toriko does have a good story and is incredibly awesome. I think the anime has the potential to be as successful as the manga. I wonder if they'll still call the hour-long block Dream 9, and if they do, then they definitely will make some new eye catchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

[QUOTE]The whole "C'mon it's just a T.V. special to segway in a new show what are you expecting?" thing is essentially you implying that we shouldn't really hold any standards for a crossover TV special. Yet the "Wow it was just announced and already people assume it'll suck. Go figure." comment implies that we shouldn't be so quick to judge it (which as I pointed out, I'm remaining hopeful about the whole thing).

Just saying it's a conflicting message is all. I understand if that may not be your intent, but that's what I'm getting out of your posts.

As I said though, the potential for a good Toriko and One Piece crossover exists and I am going to be hopeful about this. That being said, I'm only being realistic about how it might turn out.[QUOTE]

Yeah that's not my intent, but I see what you're saying. I'm just saying that it is just a TV special, as in I feel completely neutral about it at the moment. Thinking it could be bad simply because of who's headlining the ad is something I find too much of an assumption.

I just see this happen all the time, where something will get announced with little info or just a teaser and speculate right away on what could be bad when there's not much to make an impression on.

I can't think of a single reason why Cross Epoch hasn't been animated yet.

It's weird, I asked two "One Piece" anime directors about that at Anime Expo 2007 and they said there might be difficulties with that but if fans demand it, it's possible. I don't know what those difficulties are, they're doing a "Toriko/One Piece" crossover for crying out loud. Not only that, but "One Piece" and "Dragonball" have been in anime together for promotional purposes before. The only difficulty I could see is stretching the story out for the anime format, but it's not like the people who could make it don't have an imagination. I'll be utterly surprised if it doesn't get animated in my lifetime.

This could be potentially fun and awesome especially Luffy and Toriko and Sanji and Komatsu interactions. Let's hope Toei doesn't drop the ball on this one. I'm sure Oda and Shimabukuro are happy about this, great friends as they are.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information