+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.0 earthquake hits Japan

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Default Re: 7.2 earthquake hits Japan

This is why I'm glad I live on the Atlantic.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    Shut the fuck up.
    I will not. Stop being rude.

You need to develop some manners JD. I'm calling you JD now because we're best buds.

But anyways, let's not get off topic. I hope the death doll doesn't rise too significantly.
    Last edited by Mr. Sandman; March 11th, 2011 at 05:09 AM.

In germany they are saying it was 8.8 eathquake...

Poor JP...

Anybody watched Tokyo Magnitude 8.0? It was said to be "what if" scenario based on a possibility of an expected earthquake around 7.0 in Tokyo in the next 30 years, it was pretty dramatic. Japanese TV gives reports as 8.8 (as Steven said before, Japan and the U.S. have different rating systems. Our TVs are giving reports as 8.8 also.). Anyway, seems like this is way above expected. Though these large earthquakes are said to happen every 100-150 years.

|Tumblr||Tumblr tag: One Piece||MFC|
    .The adventure of life goes on.

Stay safe Japan and any place being blanketed with Tsunami warnings. I hope there is...I know there will be a great international effort to give aid, food, and support to all affected areas. I just hope it happens as soon as possible. Hell, I hope it started to happen even before I typed this message.
    Everything's Eventual...

When I saw those videos, I couldn't help but to think what would those waves do to people when they've just smashed those cars like paper boats. This is horrible.
    And by watching these videos and reading the news, I realized: we have modern technology, we can fly, go underwater, but in the end, it doesn't change a thing... nature is stronger...

A real rain will come... Rank: Failed Mutineer JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
    I will not. Stop being rude.

You need to develop some manners JD. I'm calling you JD now because we're best buds.

But anyways, let's not get off topic. I hope the death doll doesn't rise too significantly.
    OOHHHHHH WHATS GOIN ON WITH THE COMIC BOOK ARTISTS< WONT ANYONE THINK OF THE COMIC BOOK ARTISTS

God it's like a Japanese guy wondering if Broadway is alright as 9-11 is happening you insensitive fucking twat.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

It's reported that they're offering free shelters for those who need one in Japan. Here's a list: http://togetter.com/li/110487

The only good thing about this, is that it gave me hope the earthquake got rid of ishihara.

Some news on the nuclear power plants:

Earthquake Update: Nuclear Power Plants Fukushima Prefecture – 3 Nuclear Power Plants on one site. Automatically shut down when earth quake occurred. Emergency cooling system powered diesel generator failed. Alternative pump which can only last for 7 to 8 hours operating. ...Residences within 2Km of power plant are being evacuated. Still no signs of radiation leaks.
    Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Kabi View Post
    The only good thing about this, is that it gave me hope the earthquake got rid of ishihara.
    There are worse people after his job standing for the elections, so let's not get anyone's hopes up... <_<
    Last edited by flyingteapot; March 11th, 2011 at 06:17 AM.

Well that's bad .

The Mountain That Drinks. Steven D. Teach's Avatar

I have a friend in Fukushima so that power plant business is really worrying me-they also have a major tsunami warning issued as well. It's such a strange feeling---the area I am in is relatively safe, but everyone is loading up on supplies and the like at stores. Just kind of a surreal, ominous feeling.

By the way, Japan is not the only country going through shit, as I'm sure a lot of you know. Any updates on that would be appreciated as well, as I am having a hard time juggling news feeds.

Steven, on USTREAM I notice store shelves are being cleaned. Is there looting? Or are the owners giving away supplies for free?

Following NHK at the moment. It would seem that Japan has asked U.S. military to help them with relief efforts.

Also, there has been an aftershock of over 7 richters and a new tsunami warning has been given. The first tsunami wave should hit Hawaii any minute now, so we're probably going to get more news shortly.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

On the Japanese aid from the US, I've been watching the CNN live stream and they're saying that the Japanese government hasn't asked for help yet. This is due to the fact that the vessels would have to be accommodated, and they might be more trouble at this point. So NHK has reported that they want the help right now?

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    I don't wanna sound the bastard but I hope guys like Oda and Akamatsu are safe. I also hope Kubo gets smashed to smithereens by a tidal wave.
    Shut up.

Also I'd appreciate it if the entire chain of posts that sprang from this moronic post ends too.

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Thailand's apparently bracing itself.
    "All who have died are equal" - Comanche proverb

Shut up, Kabi. Just leave this thread. We've had these discussion over and over again and it will lead to nothing other than you looking like a gigantic tool.

Anyway, Hawaii is expected to be hit by a tsunami in the next 30 minutes. Meanwhile, the worst is supposed to be over in Japan (by "the worst" I mean considering more/stronger earthquakes and tsunamis). Of course, the number of casualties and the damage will rise. I heard of 60 confirmed deaths, already.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

A ship carrying 100 people has been swept away by the tsunami off Japan's coast, its whereabouts are still unknown.

authorities have told residents living near the Fukushima nuclear plant, hit by a fire earlier, to evacuate the area.

Sheeyit...
    Even my friends in Tokyo are reporting in fb statuses that everything inside their houses is falling over, normal internet is out, etc. (which is not to trivialize the "real damage" that's going on, but just to show that they're feeling it even 200 miles away from the epicenter)
    I should probably get to calling them right about now...

Let's hope that the death toll stays low, longshot as it is...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information