+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 601 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Quote Originally Posted by AlucarDraculA View Post
    It is one rank lower the "rear" part means last as it "last admiral" or lowest admiral.
    I was thinking of it more along the lines of being in the back of the fleet of ships.. Guess we'll have to find it out
    http://bato.to/read/_/95954/wanted_v1_ch1_by_null

R
    ead more by Oda! Amazing, I hope he does one of these once one piece is finished!

What do you mean find out? Rear Admiral is the rank above Commodore and below Vice Admiral. Rear Admirals were chasing the ID prisoners' ship and a Rear admiral was stopped by Hancock before the SH dived for FI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuksgelus View Post
    What do you mean find out? Rear Admiral is the rank above Commodore and below Vice Admiral. Rear Admirals were chasing the ID prisoners' ship and a Rear admiral was stopped by Hancock before the SH dived for FI.
    Oh guess I forgot about that.. Commodore was the obese guy that wanted dragon bones in the anime, right?

R
    ead more by Oda! Amazing, I hope he does one of these once one piece is finished!

No idea. Commodore is Smoker's rank and rank of guy in charge of leading troops against Kidd, Law, and Luffy at auction house.

I'd like to see the crew going to the same island that Apoo went to, and finding him there, stuck for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuksgelus View Post
    No idea. Commodore is Smoker's rank and rank of guy in charge of leading troops against Kidd, Law, and Luffy at auction house.
    I thought Smoker was a captain.. something about having more freedom that way?

R

Smoker was a captain, but got promoted to commodore. He's probably even higher now after the timeskip, especially since he's working in the New World now and is probably much stronger

He preobably will remain a vice admiral like Garp. He is not the type to take orders, he only goes where he wants to go.

The queen of fishman island was killed by humans so it's not just the fact that they did not give fisher tiger blood and that humans enslave fishman/mermaids that they are hated also most people who head to the new world go to fishman island so alot of human cause troble there.

also i think she might have been a fishwoman.

Smoker's final rank should be Vice Admiral, so my guess is that he's already achieved it and will be declining promotions to Admiral for the rest of the series. Of course it's also possible that he's still a Rear Admiral with a promotion yet to come, but I find that to be less likely due to the length of the timeskip.

Quote Originally Posted by senor View Post
    Oh guess I forgot about that.. Commodore was the obese guy that wanted dragon bones in the anime, right?
    Actually he was an East Blue admiral, which is the equivalent of a Grand Line Commodore, so you're half right (Oda said that the ranks of the marines in the four blues are about 3 ranks higher than at HQ in the Grand Line). But he was just a filler character, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    Smoker's final rank should be Vice Admiral
    I don't see Smoker's obsession with justice in Garp. Nor his need for power.

Discovered Stowaway Coruscation's Avatar

Remember that Smoker only had a "need for power" in order to reach a rank where he could chase Luffy freely, though (if I'm not mistaken). That might just be the rank of Vice Admiral, since it was what Garp stayed as all those years chasing Roger, and from what we've seen the Admirals may have more administrative duties and even sometimes might be a bit "bogged down" in MHQ.

i thought he said he needed "blood" or "recruits" or maybe ranks.

This part was always weirdly translated .

Luffy and Smoker definetely have a similar relationship to Roger and Garp.

Smoker has been chasing him since chapter 100 and both respect each other.

I guess Smoker would be at most vice admiral.

I agree with the Smoker and Luffy relationship, and it was great when Luffy saved Smoker's life.

I also wondered if the same style of relationship would come from Luffy and Coby.

Discovered Stowaway Coruscation's Avatar

I looked up Stephen's translation.

"So long as the Marines are an organization,
    there is a limit to what I can accomplish as a captain...
    What we need now is "rank."

It seems like he's talking about that he needs higher rank / power to be able to do what he wants. And yes, Smoker being Luffy's "Garp" seems very very likely right now. They're very different in personality and fighting style and to some extent possibly in their views of justice, sure, but the gist of it still seems almost identical from what we've heard of Roger & Garp's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by SingingThroughTheStorm View Post
    I agree with the Smoker and Luffy relationship, and it was great when Luffy saved Smoker's life.

I also wondered if the same style of relationship would come from Luffy and Coby.
    I think someone predicted Coby to be the future Aokiji. That's interesting because Coby wants to be an admiral and Smoker cares only about doing what he wants.

I wonder if the cover of chapter 580 forshadows Smoker and Tashigi teaming up with Coby and Hermeppo in the NW.

Considering, the exponential power up the SH had. I don't think Smoker could handle the SH alone. He is gonna need some great marine to handle a crew that has the potential to equal or surpass the ROger pirates.

@coruscation
    I guess it is rank and I don't he does that for the pride of the rank but tod what he wants. I am pretty sure he is gonna go higher in rank with major power ups after 2 years at G5.

I think Devil fruits are born from the sea (and not the one I quoted below). Namely they materialize in the ocean in the Grand Line and float to the surface. They're found floating in the ocean or washing in with the tide. I think the theory makes sense for the properties of the fruit, as well as removing the government's ability to spawn camp them.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEA View Post
    I don't see Smoker's obsession with justice in Garp. Nor his need for power.
    I don't see a need for the characters to be a carbon copy of each other.

I think Devil fruits are born from the sea... Namely they materialize in the ocean in the Grand Line and float to the surface. They're found floating in the ocean or washing in with the tide. I think the theory makes sense for the properties of the fruit, as well as removing the government's ability to spawn camp them.
    Do you have a theory about where they materialize from? I would have said the magic tree keeping both Mariajoia and FI going, but it seems too early in the story for that to be the case--but then again maybe not. I was sorta thinking that the tree would be destroyed along with FI -or- taking out FI with it when it goes, but that may be too early too. If that's the case, then the fruits could come from that same tree...

However, if they came from a particular place, I'd assume there'd be a higher incidence of fruit users in and around said place, so my idea becomes less and less likely since that doesn't seem to be the case in either area (FI or SA). I wonder if we'd see a connection if we were able to look back and see if anyone we know of with a fruit power didn't at the least have interactions with someone or access to stuff from someone who'd been to the NW...?

Eh--far too early in the story to know.
    Last edited by I survived the buster call; April 1st, 2011 at 05:19 AM.

I think Devil fruits are born from the sea (and not the one I quoted below). Namely they materialize in the ocean in the Grand Line and float to the surface. They're found floating in the ocean or washing in with the tide. I think the theory makes sense for the properties of the fruit, as well as removing the government's ability to spawn camp them.

I don't see a need for the characters to be a carbon copy of each other.
    I think it's more likely that they grow on land seeing as how they are cursed by the sea? Although I guess that could make sense if they came from the sea.. I always thought they popped up in an area where certain 'conditions' were met. Like when we were going through the L/S/A flashback and grey terminal was burning, I thought that might be where Ace would end up getting his DF. Turns out I was wrong(probably) but that is what I meant by conditions

R

Fruits are made of nanobytes

Think about it:
    - They taste REALLY bad because the nanobytes.
    - Only the first chunk eaten works, bcoz the nanobytes go from the fruit to the user all at once.
    - The nanobytes malfunction in water, thus the inability to do anything in water.
    - If some other nanobytes try to get in, the nanobytes that already are in will try to repel them thus causing problems for the user's body (we have yet to see how BB did it)
    - Vegapunk discovered the secrets of the fruits, Crazy genius scientist = nanobytes.
    - Oda said we have yet to see what the DFs REALLY are... so they aren't just "fruits".

The only con of this "theory" is that it would be really odd, even for One Piece. But who knows.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information