+ Reply to Thread
Page 603 of 605 FirstFirst ... 103 503 553 593 601 602 603 604 605 LastLast
Results 12,041 to 12,060 of 12095

Thread: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

  1. #12041

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat_Mango View Post
    He said moria disappeared but was so badly wounded he wouldnt survive
    Didnt katakuri call luffy's wounds fatal though. I dont put any weight in doflamingo judging his health.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  2. #12042

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Didnt katakuri call luffy's wounds fatal though. I dont put any weight in doflamingo judging his health.
    Dont get me wrong, i believe 0% he's actually dead

  3. #12043
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Quote Originally Posted by T€]@$ View Post
    OTama's devil fruit is based on Momotaro's story in which he gives the Kibidango to a dog, a monkey and a pheasant which join him on his mission to kill the Oni. Now, in chapter 912, it was shown that OTama already has Komacchiyo which is equivalent to the dog and she tamed Baboonmaru by giving it the Kibidango which is equivalent to the monkey. So, it is possible that she will aquire a third pet which will be the equivalent of the pheasant.
    I have a small theory in regards to the creature the third pet will be based on.

    Since, as almost everyone know that Komacchiyo, the dog is based on the Komainu (http://yokai.com/komainu/) and Baboonmaru, the monkey is based on the Hihi (http://yokai.com/hihi/), I speculate that the third pet, the pheasant will be based on the Basan (http://yokai.com/basan/), which are rare birds, pheasant-like in appearance and are known to live in Bamboo groves and only make their appearance at night.
    The Basan looks like this


    It would be a nice thematic contrast with Komainu, the holy guardian, Hihi the demonic troublemaker and Basan, the enigmatic rarity.

    What do you say and when will she get the third pet?
    Maybe the reason they picked O-Tama up is to have her try to lure out and tame the Basan that they have their eyes on. If Kaido is as into collecting beasts as his name would suggest, it makes perfect sense.

  4. #12044

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Is it okay to create a thread for a theory that I believe deserves its own thread? Do I need authorization?

  5. #12045

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    i think we will see Oda’s version of 7 samurais, and it will probably include Kinemon, Kanjuro, Raizou, Okiku, Tengu-guy and Shutenmaru.

  6. #12046
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    i think we will see Oda’s version of 7 samurais, and it will probably include Kinemon, Kanjuro, Raizou, Okiku, Tengu-guy and Shutenmaru.
    Surely of that list, Zoro will be the last one. Although technically Raizou is a ninja, not a samurai, right? Or am I mistaking names? Was he the one from Zou?

  7. #12047

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Is it okay to create a thread for a theory that I believe deserves its own thread? Do I need authorization?
    You still didn't?



    p.s.: no, they don't need to authorize it

  8. #12048

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    You still didn't?
    No, I didn't. Still thinking about it and getting opinions to know if there is more meaning to what I'm thinking.

    It's pretty cool though.

    ...

    Another theory that I wanto to throw here is this one:

    Vander Decken IX says that the first of his name went to the bottom of the sea to find the first Poseidon. Well, maybe he lived during the end of the Void Century? Maybe just after it.

    I was just thinking that he could become a character in a flashback about the ancient times. Van D. Decken maybe.

    In real life, Vander Decken and the Flying Dutchman are very important legends.
    Last edited by theackwardstation; September 21st, 2018 at 12:43 PM.

  9. #12049

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Just post it here and if it warrants an exclusive thread, it will get one.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

  10. #12050

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    At the moment I'm thinking about several theories for themes to take place in Wano. This is one of the major ones, and I think it's pretty cool, so if you guys think it deserves its own thread, we can do that.

    ~~ Wano: the arc about immigration ~~


    As we should know, One Piece is manga with several political ramifications throughout many of its arcs. Taking this into account, one of the most current political issues in Japan is immigration, as Japan has always been a very closed country (even in the 20th and 21st centuries, although less than before) that carries a strong xenophobia against immigrants. However, Japan is currently suffering from a crises in the labor market because of its ageing population and the decrease of the working population (adults), which has led to an increase in the number of immigrants during the last decade to occupy spots in the workforce. So... does Oda have anything to say about it?


    Well, here comes a sequence of interesting facts.


    a) The Kouzuki clan has stated in chapter 819 their goal to "open the borders/gates of Wano country to the world", which can be interpreted in two different ways: (a) opening the country to diplomatic relations with the rest of the world and to develop a cultural and commercial transit (as happened since the 19th century in Japan) or (b) perhaps even an even greater openness that is in line to contemporary perspectives of cosmopolitanism, multiculturalism, globalization and... immigration.


    b) Wano is a representation of Japan, obviously, and Japan is known as "The Land of the Rising Sun". Even the japanese flag itself is one big red sun. Interestingly, we know two races in the world of One Piece with themes related to the theme "Sun": (1) the fishmen, that dream of living on the surface under the light of the sun, and even were represented by a famous pirate crew called The Sun Pirates; and (2) the minks, that dream of the arrival of "Dawn of the World" and have now become aware that maybe they cannot depend on Zunisha forever (chapter 822).


    c) Both the minks and the fishmen will participate in the Wano arc. The minks' involvement is obvious. Regarding the fishmen, it is extremely important to note that not only Jimbe (a Sun Pirate) will show up in Wano at some point, but also Big Mom herself promised to come to the island to kill Luffy. As we know, Big Mom is an important link to Fishmen Island, as she is the current "owner" of the territory.


    d) Simultaneously to the events in Wano, the Reverie is also happening, where the Netuno royal family intends to make their request to be reallocated to an island on the surface. However, it is predictable that they will fail to achieve their goal in the Reverie, and so their cause will need to be solved in another way, most likely with the help of the Strawhats. What I want to point out is that the fishmen's agenda is active in the story RIGHT NOW, because of the Reverie, so it would not be inopportune if such a plot were brought to what is happening in Wano right now.


    In conclusion, the theory is that one of the main themes of Wano will be the convergence of various plotlines that have been initiated since the beginning of the New World (the fishmen, the minks, and the Wano citzens), so one of the many emotional climaxes of the arc could be this great moment in which the minks and the fishmen would migrate to Wano (to Japan).
    Last edited by theackwardstation; September 21st, 2018 at 06:59 PM.

  11. #12051
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Well, they can't do worse for themselves the way real Japan's handled immigrants. *shot*

  12. #12052

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    At the moment I'm thinking about several theories for themes to take place in Wano. This is one of the major ones, and I think it's pretty cool, so if you guys think it deserves its own thread, we can do that.

    ~~ Wano: the arc about immigration ~~


    As we should know, One Piece is manga with several political ramifications throughout many of its arcs. Taking this into account, one of the most current political issues in Japan is immigration, as Japan has always been a very closed country (even in the 20th and 21st centuries, although less than before) that carries a strong xenophobia against immigrants. However, Japan is currently suffering from a crises in the labor market because of its ageing population and the decrease of the working population (adults), which has led to an increase in the number of immigrants during the last decade to occupy spots in the workforce. So... does Oda have anything to say about it?


    Well, here comes a sequence of interesting facts.


    a) The Kouzuki clan has stated in chapter 819 their goal to "open the borders/gates of Wano country to the world", which can be interpreted in two different ways: (a) opening the country to diplomatic relations with the rest of the world and to develop a cultural and commercial transit (as happened since the 19th century in Japan) or (b) perhaps even an even greater openness that is in line to contemporary perspectives of cosmopolitanism, multiculturalism, globalization and... immigration.


    b) Wano is a representation of Japan, obviously, and Japan is known as "The Land of the Rising Sun". Even the japanese flag itself is one big red sun. Interestingly, we know two races in the world of One Piece with themes related to the theme "Sun": (1) the fishmen, that dream of living on the surface under the light of the sun, and even were represented by a famous pirate crew called The Sun Pirates; and (2) the minks, that dream of the arrival of "Dawn of the World" and have now become aware that maybe they cannot depend on Zunisha forever (chapter 822).


    c) Both the minks and the fishmen will participate in the Wano arc. The minks' involvement is obvious. Regarding the fishmen, it is extremely important to note that not only Jimbe (a Sun Pirate) will show up in Wano at some point, but also Big Mom herself promised to come to the island to kill Luffy. As we know, Big Mom is an important link to Fishmen Island, as she is the current "owner" of the territory.


    d) Simultaneously to the events in Wano, the Reverie is also happening, where the Netuno royal family intends to make their request to be reallocated to an island on the surface. However, it is predictable that they will fail to achieve their goal in the Reverie, and so their cause will need to be solved in another way, most likely with the help of the Strawhats. What I want to point out is that the fishmen's agenda is active in the story RIGHT NOW, because of the Reverie, so it would not be inopportune if such a plot were brought to what is happening in Wano right now.


    In conclusion, the theory is that one of the main themes of Wano will be the convergence of various plotlines that have been initiated since the beginning of the New World (the fishmen, the minks, and the Wano citzens), so one of the many emotional climaxes of the arc could be this great moment in which the minks and the fishmen would migrate to Wano (to Japan).
    That is anice theory. I think that the island or place where the fishmen will end on living will definetely be a plot line, though I haven't seen anything pointing it to be Wano right now

  13. #12053

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    I'd like to add to my theory that the Kouzuki symbol has a little sun. :) And so does Luffy's kimono.

  14. #12054
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    That is anice theory. I think that the island or place where the fishmen will end on living will definetely be a plot line, though I haven't seen anything pointing it to be Wano right now
    Well, Jimbei had a kinship with Ace, and Ace is also connected to Wano, so it's all intertwined in one way or another.

  15. #12055

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    My Random Theories or more of a dumb predictions


    Kozuki Hiyori is Perona or Jewelry Bonney.

    Perona's epithet is "Ghost Princess" while Bonney is "Big Eater". Both connected to Wano.

    Perona was with Gekko Moriah who was defeated by Kaido. Maybe the reason he joined Moriah is because they shared the same fate. Moriah lost all his friends so I don't think Perona asked him to fight Kaido but rather joined him after his defeat and promised to him a revenge when the "time" come. Perona is with Mihawk right now... a swordsman. He was with Zoro too... a swordsman. Perona also love animals and Wano and Zou are full of wild animals. If she is really Hiyori, maybe Mihawk might join the war. One more thing, she is self-proclaimed princess without a kingdom. Why is that? Maybe, she is really a princess... from Wano. And, she doesn't have a family name. Why is that? Maybe, her family name must be hidden like Law. Kozuki Perona or I must say, Kozuki Hiyori. Last thing I might add, maybe the reason Gekko Moriah Pirates was collecting dead bodies & shadows is because they were preparing for this coming war against Kaido.

    Bonney's power change people's age / appearances. What if her real power is the Time-Time Fruit? What if she doesn't alter ages or appearances but the "time that surrounds" her target? She can't go back to the past, but she can alter someone's own timeline using her power. And her awakening power is to send people into the future. Kozuki Toki didn't send her to the future so she can acquire her mother's ability. She and her crew are from South Blue maybe her retainer hid her there but she decided to become a pirate. One more thing, she have flower-design, maybe a foreshadow for Flower Capital? She loves to eat, maybe because she was always hungry when she was a child. If she is really Hiyori, all supernovas are up! When Whitebeard and Ace died, she was angry to Blackbeard, I think. She was angry and sad maybe because, her father is close to Whitebeard and Roger or they are family friends.

    Other Alliances Theory

    Gekko Moriah Pirates (revenge) - why higher ups want Moriah dead? Maybe because he is the key to defeat Kaido that will shake the power balance. Imu-sama wants him dead!
    Whitebeard Pirates (Oden's relationship with Whitebeard)
    Supernovas obviously
    Revolutionaries (if Bonney is Hiyori, she is connected to Kuma somehow, therefore they might join the war with Kaido since Marines might go there too) and also, I think, Revolutionaries' war declaration is connected to Wano's war somehow.
    Strawhat Grand Fleet hopefully will join

    Fights Theory

    Kaido versus Strawhat Pirates (1 versus 9 (shadow Luffy) or 10 + Jimbe or 11 + Carrot)
    Everyone will have an upgrades
    Luffy - shadow Luffy, gear 5 or Ghost Luffy
    Zoro - sword
    Sanji - suit
    Nami - zeus
    Usopp - Plants only exist in Wano
    Chopper - rumble ball + tama's dango = controling the beast inside him
    Franky - Robot
    Robin - ability on how to write in poneglyphs that she will use to damage Kaido
    Brook - ability to communicate with the "Ghosts of Wano" and asked for help or Soul Power like Goku's genkidama or "Ghost Luffy"
    Jimbe - Learn Fishman Sulong Karate. Since he is animal too like Mink, he can also do Sulong, I guess.
    Carrot - Sulong Form without looking to the full moon (chopper helped her)


    Sulong Theory

    Why it is only works when they looking to the full moon? My take is that, they are the genetic descendants of Zoan Devil Fruits. I think Devil Fruits are powered by the Moon that's why its weakness is ocean/water. They say, moon and ocean's high tide and low tide are connected. I guess its inspired from it.

    Strawhat & Void Century Theory

    I think Strawhat represents farmers. Farmers who plant "Devil Fruits". That's what Void Century is all about. Once upon a time, there's a tyrant king (Imu-sama) I hope, who enslaves Farmers (with Strawhats) for a very long time. One day, they somehow discovered how to create a Devil Fruits using their Farming Technique or they already knew that maybe but they are afraid to fight. Then, D was born. D lead them to revolution using Devil Fruit powers. They became failed and D died. That's why they called it "Will of D" because all D wants is to become free from Tyrants. But to erase this idea, they erased the history of that 100 years war, hence Void Century.

    OR

    D discovered how to create "D"evil Fruits so they can fight the Tyrant King. Will of D means freedom from a very very long time Enslavement of people. So basically, Void Century is a War against the Slave Owners (Gods) of the World lead by D who created Devil Fruits to fight Pirates/Gods (Slave Owners).

  16. #12056

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlskie View Post
    Kozuki Hiyori is Perona or Jewelry Bonney.
    They both seem pretty unlikely to me but Bonney in particular

    Mainly because she's already tied into mysterious plot lines involving the World Government, Whitebeard and Kuma just off the top of my head.

    Making her the secret reveal for Momonosuke's sister would just be too much in my opinion
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron


  17. #12057

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Like, I straight up would like a Hiyori is Shutenmaru reveal, a Mulan like character.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

  18. #12058

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Im-sama might have used his wish, to kill someone, already on Roger in the past.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..


  19. #12059

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Jimbe can't go Sulong because it was stated that its the Minks True Strenght or something that they train their lives to perfect it.

    And Moria was eliminated because they found him too weak to be Warlord. If they cared about the balance they wouldnt kill Whitebeard in the first place.

    Hidden:

  20. #12060
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlskie View Post
    Fights Theory

    Kaido versus Strawhat Pirates (1 versus 9 (shadow Luffy) or 10 + Jimbe or 11 + Carrot)
    When you say Shadow Luffy, are you referring to Nightmare Luffy from Thriller Bark? If so, was that inspired by my theory from another thread? Just curious since I'm pretty sure I had that idea a while ago where Moria would show up to help fight Kaido and get his revenge, and the other Supernovas would all give their shadows to Luffy to power him up enough to actually stand up to Kaido.

    Everyone will have an upgrades
    Luffy - shadow Luffy, gear 5 or Ghost Luffy
    I'd definitely like Luffy to, by the end of the series, have 7 Gears in total.

    Zoro - sword
    It would be weird to get his hands on both other Kitetsu in such a short time frame. But maybe.

    Sanji - suit
    Probably toward the end of the arc if he has to fight one of the Calamities and needs the boost. I'd rather see him use more of those recipes. Why bother learning 99 of them if we've only seen one so far?

    Nami - zeus
    I'm actually more interested to see her using him to fly like Goku on the Flying Nimbus than its thunderous destructive power.

    Usopp - Plants only exist in Wano
    Hmm...interesting, hadn't thought of that. What with all the large beasts I thought he might find more bug-like things he can use, or maybe bring out his real Tengu power, LOL.

    Chopper - rumble ball + tama's dango = controling the beast inside him
    Interesting, interesting. But he's already got pretty good control over it. I'm wanting him to be able to invent a new form though, the Kirin Point. And/or his own version of Sulong.

    Franky - Robot
    Um...elaborate? I mean, I know there's Kabuki stuff so maybe some puppet drones?

    Robin - ability on how to write in poneglyphs that she will use to damage Kaido
    I doubt it. But she might find a way to defeat someone/something by reading one.

    Brook - ability to communicate with the "Ghosts of Wano" and asked for help or Soul Power like Goku's genkidama or "Ghost Luffy"
    There are no ghosts, they just time-traveled which made them basically fake their deaths. But if he could summon ghosts, hell yes, like that army of them from Lord of the Rings Return of the King. WTF is 'Ghost Luffy?

    Jimbe - Learn Fishman Sulong Karate. Since he is animal too like Mink, he can also do Sulong, I guess.
    Ehhh...if anyone's going to mimic a Mink ability, I'm betting on Chopper. What I want to see is Jimbei's eyes to go all slit-like the way Arlong's and Hody Jones' did when they got super pissed off or full of Energy Steroids. To see him when he REALLY means business.

    Carrot - Sulong Form without looking to the full moon (chopper helped her)
    I mean, whatever floats your boat. She's just not someone I care about anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Jimbe can't go Sulong because it was stated that its the Minks True Strenght or something that they train their lives to perfect it.

    And Moria was eliminated because they found him too weak to be Warlord. If they cared about the balance they wouldnt kill Whitebeard in the first place.
    WTF? Are fishmen/mermaids a variety of Mink, then? Training doesn't really have anything to do with going Sulong, just to CONTROL it, right? Or was that from a different, crappy translation I read?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts