+ Reply to Thread
Page 629 of 630 FirstFirst ... 129 529 579 619 627 628 629 630 LastLast
Results 12,561 to 12,580 of 12599

Thread: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Aesops aside the nobles would be tortured to death by their victims in any even remotely realistic scenario. Oda will probably do some sort of everyone hold hands redemption spin on it, but people who held as slaves and gouge out eyes of kids and torture your family members to suicide can never undo the hatred felt toward them. If let alone with no protection they would be hunted down by the survivors and their loved ones, if protected it would be seen as condoning their actions and weaken faith in the current government. Prison could potentially be valid, but honestly with the soul searing hatred felt toward them people with nothing to lose would probably go after them there to. And there sure as shit is no chance of these freaks ever settling down under assumed identities and flying under the radar. So either presto chango shounen love power or brutal revenge remains
    Jinbe's appeal toward Otohime's memory would be bunk if the Nobles suffer revenge (unless there are those who choose to walk in the frying pan). As for Luffy, as he who inherited Roger's will, I think he'll be in a position to protect them either as the newly minted Pirate King or before becoming so. All it would take is a friend pleading for him to do so and I could easily see Rosward being put into that position, especially considering what he already did for Shirahoshi.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

It’s interesting thinking about not only how long Roger had known Shanks, but whether or not Shanks is a good guy or bad guy, despite the old pirate king and Luffy, the future pirate king, being quite fond of him. Makes me wonder how people would feel if it turns out he’s a bad guy, at least a bad guy according to most peoples’ reckoning and not just by the Marines, and if many people would become less of a fan of him depending on what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    It’s interesting thinking about not only how long Roger had known Shanks, but whether or not Shanks is a good guy or bad guy, despite the old pirate king and Luffy, the future pirate king, being quite fond of him. Makes me wonder how people would feel if it turns out he’s a bad guy, at least a bad guy according to most peoples’ reckoning and not just by the Marines, and if many people would become less of a fan of him depending on what he does.
    A Shanks heel turn would be glorious.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.

My Wano Theories

Hiyori will send Big Mom two weeks (more or less) into the future (assuming she got her mother's devil fruit). Wano's parallel arc is Thriller Bark and in TB, we have two Warlords. In Wano, we have two Emperors. Big Mom will not join the war and just watch like Kuma did. I guess, Perospero will convinced her to wait and watch The Beast Pirates and The Alliance beat up each other. After the Alliance won, Big Mom will enter the scene like Kuma did. In TB, Kuma sent "Ghost Princess" Perona off to another island. Here in Wano, Big Mom (our "Soul Queen" one might say), will be sent off instead. This time, the powerful will be toss.

Kuma = Big
    Perona = "ghost" power and small
    Hiyori = Small
    Big Mom = "soul" power and big

Or Sanji will sacrifice himself like Zoro did in Thriller Bark but this time, in cooking challenge. After Sanji feed Big Mom, he is so exhausted and dirty because of the ingredients. Zoro found him in the kitchen and asked, "what happened?" Sanji answers... "Nothing happened".

Hiyori will join the crew as a Log Keeper. A poneglyph writer.
    Onimaru will join the crew as a Lookout. He is good at guarding the graves.
    X-Drake will join the crew as a spy for the Marines since Kaido already lost.
    Observation: The Buggy Pirates are paralleled to Rocks Pirates and the Yonko: White, fat-sexy, beast, lion, left eye and sword, trio Funan "bros". Buggy might be the son of Xebec. Or that's all red herring and Shanks is the real son of Xebec.
    The Last 3 Nakama Theory: Hiyori, Onimaru, X-Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    I wonder if it's normal that a Yonkou can just walk up to Marie Geoise and get an audience with the Gorosei. I feel like Shanks has to be in some way privileged to be allowed to do that. I can't see Big Mom, Blackbeard or Kaidou allowed in the same room as the Gorosei.

When you consider that Homing was a Tenryuubito and he wasn't even allowed to get in contact with regular Tenryuubito after he descended amongst the normal people, it's pretty difficult to see how Shanks, a normal dude, is allowed to meet the most important Tenryuubito and talk to them as if they were his peers.

Even if Shanks happened to be a child of a Tenryuubito, it's still unlikely he would be allowed there (based the treatment Homing received by the other Tenryuubito).

It's making me think that there's still something big we don't know about Shanks.

EDIT:

There's also the God Valley incident, which took place one year after Shanks was born. The God Valley incident had something to do with Roger and the Tenryuubito. And Shanks has been on Roger's ship since he was a kid.
    Last edited by Tom; September 13th, 2020 at 04:05 AM.

Is Sanji really 21?

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    Is Sanji really 21?
    Is this a theory? Why would you think he wasn't? The guy has had 2 flashbacks and congruently aged twin brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Is this a theory? Why would you think he wasn't? The guy has had 2 flashbacks and congruently aged twin brothers.
    Oda is throwing me off by not showing Sanji at 40 and 60... clearly intentional.

I’ll have to revisit my notes to recall why I ask this, but I do remember asking myself the same question during the WCI arc. Something around accelerated development.

Oda is throwing me off by not showing Sanji at 40 and 60... clearly intentional.

I’ll have to revisit my notes to recall why I ask this, but I do remember asking myself the same question during the WCI arc. Something around accelerated development.
    I had interpreted that as the person making the request pointing out that Sanji hadn't been done, but wanting Chopper instead.

Oda is gonna do all of the old straw hats in next volumes so I don't believe he's hiding something very important, but he could try and delay certain informations.
    Maybe the Vinsmoke gene manipulation also has a touch of "immortality" or such and the sibilings age slower than most. Or Sanji would look a lot like Judge and Oda is still trying to show Judge without a helmet before showing that Sanji, so it's a bigger reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    Oda is gonna do all of the old straw hats in next volumes so I don't believe he's hiding something very important, but he could try and delay certain informations.
    Maybe the Vinsmoke gene manipulation also has a touch of "immortality" or such and the sibilings age slower than most. Or Sanji would look a lot like Judge and Oda is still trying to show Judge without a helmet before showing that Sanji, so it's a bigger reveal.
    Where did you get this info?

Every day at work, I see a big box that says SNACKS on it. I always think about taking a marker and making it say SHANKS instead.

Theory: I have a problem.

I can see Sanji looking like Judge. We know that Law and Drake (33) knew of Germa 66 when they were children... but the current incarnation is comprised of Vinsmoke individuals their own age.

Were there two Germa 66s? The first comprised of Judge and his siblings. We know that Sora was a Marine hero, so perhaps Judge ended up going into genetic manipulation in order to clone his lost family.

I also have questions around whether or not we concretely know the timeline around events concerning Sanji‘s past, but haven’t done the analysis.
    Last edited by gyuukarubi; September 17th, 2020 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Where did you get this info?
    Oh, it's not a fact, I'm just assuming.
    When Oda does this kind of things it's usually in bulk. Like when he reveals the characters favorite foods, or birthdays. Or when the voice actors where the ones who responded to the SBS.
    So if he already did like half the crew looking older, I imagine he's going to cover the rest of them in the future.

I can see Sanji looking like Judge. We know that Law and Drake (33) knew of Germa 66 when they were children... but the current incarnation is comprised of Vinsmoke individuals his own age.

Were there two Germa 66s? The first comprised of Judge and his siblings. We know that Sora was a Marine hero, so perhaps Judge ended up going into genetic manipulation in order to clone his lost family.

I also have questions around whether or not we concretely know the timeline around events concerning Sanji‘s past, but haven’t done the analysis.
    I don't remember the Vinsmoke-Germa connection being a public fact. So we still don't know which one came first, the chicken or the egg. Or in this case, the comic-strip or the real life organization.
    It could be something along the lines you're suggesting or it could be Judge was inspired by the comic when creating his offspring, maybe because his wife shared the name of the hero.

Oh, it's not a fact, I'm just assuming.
    When Oda does this kind of things it's usually in bulk. Like when he reveals the characters favorite foods, or birthdays. Or when the voice actors where the ones who responded to the SBS.
    So if he already did like half the crew looking older, I imagine he's going to cover the rest of them in the future.

I don't remember the Vinsmoke-Germa connection being a public fact. So we still don't know which one came first, the chicken or the egg. Or in this case, the comic-strip or the real life organization.
    It could be something along the lines you're suggesting or it could be Judge was inspired by the comic when creating his offspring, maybe because his wife shared the name of the hero.
    All very true! I’d assume there’s more to Sora than meets the eye given Reiju’s strength. Does her face appear in the spread for Film Z with all the young marines?
    Last edited by gyuukarubi; September 19th, 2020 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The B-Mack View Post
    Every day at work, I see a big box that says SNACKS on it. I always think about taking a marker and making it say SHANKS instead.

Theory: I have a problem.
    You should do this, not just because of the One Piece reference..but because it would confuse people into thinking there are Ham Shanks in the box.

Rereading the Paramount War arc, I just noticed this guy among pirates. He has the very same Who's Who and Bao Huang tattoo.

I don't exactly know what it should mean, but I felt like sharing it here.
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

I think that the 3rd race Big mom wants are the horned humans/oni we have been seeing a lot of in the story lately. I also believe that they are the descendants of the ancients giants as oars is much smaller than the skull of onigashima suggesting that a decrease in height occurred over time.

Remember that WE News had ties with Germa and Sora was the name of Sanji's mother. It was pretty clear to be that they created the comics as some sort of propaganda and the Germa showed in it was just how Judge imagined how they would be when they growed up.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Remember that WE News had ties with Germa and Sora was the name of Sanji's mother. It was pretty clear to be that they created the comics as some sort of propaganda and the Germa showed in it was just how Judge imagined how they would be when they growed up.
    This fact, alongside Germa’s cloning tech, makes me think that there HAD to be another version of Germa 66. How are they connected to Vegapunk and Baldimore?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information