+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

Default Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

April Fools went perfectly until the forum didn't come back up at the end of the day with the new upgrade. Rest assured that everything else was an intended joke. The upgrade:

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe
    I'm sure you all are seeing that things have changed quite a bit. Well, not so much changed, but it is a little different, and there is much more potential. There is, for example, a more advanced video posting option, allowing you to select from more video streaming sites than just YouTube. There is a more advanced search feature. There is a new visitor messaging feature in your profiles, allowing you to leave notes or have conversations with people. We can integrate with Facebook and twitter, should we choose to do so. There is a donate button on the navbar, for those of you who would like to help us with the monthly server costs. Obviously this news section is new.

There are quite a few more additions, which I am sure you will all get to know over the next week or two, so we all hope you enjoy the changes. In the mean time, if you find anything you believe you should have access to, something you shouldn't have access to, or just something that isn't working, please let a staff member know or leave a comment in this posting.
    Check the news tab for more information.

There will probably be a few kinks to work out, but that will come in time. The staff has remained untouched and we've never been on better terms with each other. Hopefully the new theme and the upgraded VB software are worth it.

New skins/themes will be available in the future. They're a lot of work to set up, though, so you'll have to make do with what's available for now.

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

Default Re: Arlong Park gets a Fishman Island upgrade

So I see that we lost the ability to change skins under this upgrade. Probably because they are incompatible. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth to not have the classic theme available but whatever, it's for a greater good.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

the new version of vBulletin has a lot of new elements that the old skin simply could not be imported for, though it's possible to remake the old skins for the new forum version, I'd assume it would take some time.

Right now vBulletin is working on a script that will convert-- within reason-- older styles. I've held on to the old styles, but of course they are disabled. I'll try porting them as best I can when I get the chance. I've also started working on a newer version of the CP9 skin, as well as a special mod of said CP9 skin; major problem with it right now is contrast issues (color layout) and divs working with the gradients. Eh, I'm a little reluctant to keep pursuing it, but maybe after some more adjustments I will enable it for the rest of you to try out.

Is it possible to move that little bar at the bottom of the PM page saying how full it is to top of said page, before the PMs? Kinda weird having it at the bottom underneith everything.

Avatars won't save for some reason. I'm assuming it's broken?

Now put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Old Youtube embeds aren't working.

I'm assuming there's a new way to do that?

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

It'll take getting a little used to but I like it.
    Everything's Eventual...

Good to be back people.

Patience is a virtue, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Old Youtube embeds aren't working.

I'm assuming there's a new way to do that?
    Yeah, 'Go Advanced' when you want to post, and there is a new option button above the text box called "Insert Video". You'll be able to insert videos from more than just YouTube.

And yes, it works. At least YouTube does, and the YouTube box is bigger now!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Avatars won't save for some reason. I'm assuming it's broken?
    Same issue here.

Again, I can keep shirtless Chris Evans a little while longer. I'm not upset. No rush.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Holy New Forum, batman.

Discovered Stowaway Minh Young Kim's Avatar

Upgrade is great! well done

Awesome but pictere upload for avatars isn't working... But the rest is stunning. Good job guys
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me… "Black Leg" Sanji!

Oops. Forgive me for not saying this before.

Thank you for this awesome update. I can't stop running around the forum, looking for fun things to play with.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Same issue here.

Again, I can keep shirtless Chris Evans a little while longer. I'm not upset. No rush.
    Yeah, i've noticed no avatars I choose can save. I guess i'll be fine for the moment corrupted by the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    April Fools went perfectly until the forum didn't come back up at the end of the day with the new upgrade. Rest assured that everything else was an intended joke. The upgrade:

I want to ask about something.

When I click on "search all posts" the last posts in search I found belonging to myself are from December 2009, but for example when visiting the Bleach thread, my February posts are stil there.

What gives ?

I LOVE the new theme. a lot better than the original. and I liked the original.

I just find the rather important "new posts" button seems kind of insignificant here, that's all.

Yeah the new theme is awesome... Far better than the old one. I just can't change my avatar
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me… "Black Leg" Sanji!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information