Closed Thread
Page 100 of 201 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 4018

Thread: Naruto Thread XI: Optometrist fetish flashbacks!

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Quote Originally Posted by Tamike Kawazoe View Post
    Guys guess what? To all of you Raikage fans out there.... THE BRAND NEW NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ULTIMATE NINJA STORM HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED AND RAIKAGE IS CONFIRMED TO BE IN IT! And also Zabuza and Haku are confirmed! Here's the link. http://www.saiyanisland.com/2011/06/...neration-scan/

Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Please try and forget your password again.
    eaf4e9

i just wish that the one piece games were made as well as the latest naruto games. it should totally be the other way around.
    why does one piece always get the short end of the stick?

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    i just wish that the one piece games were made as well as the latest naruto games. it should totally be the other way around.
    why does one piece always get the short end of the stick?
    Yeah man, why does the highly successful pirate manga that has made record-breaking sales, produced millions of dollars/yen in revenue for its author and publisher, gets an exorbitant amount of media exposure and tie-ins, and consistently gets in the top 3, if not number 1 spot, in the rankings each week, always get the short end of the stick, man!

you know very well that i meant video game wise compared to things like naruto :P

According to this, there are at least 29 One Piece video games.

yep, although i don't see much of them in my country.
    i liked one piece grand battle when it came out, i still have it for both ps2 and gamecube.
    the only major gripe my older self has with it now is the 4kids voices.

Well, you can always import some of the other games that have English patches from the UK, I think.
    Maybe on eBay or Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    you know very well that i meant video game wise compared to things like naruto :P
    There's plenty of One Piece games. Its just Naruto has the stateside fanbase.

Yet another example of 4Kids fucking it up for everyone. If only they'd gotten Naruto instead...

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    We all learned he has no respect for the dead when he stuck a bunch of dead characters in frog suits.

Nothing surprises me anymore.
    Damn Kishi, ruined the frog suits.
    Frog suits are cool, only that those characters aren't cool enough to stay cool when wearing them.
    It's entire different when someone classy like Ashina wear it.
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by THE SEA; June 21st, 2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    "Welp half of everyone we know and love just fucking died, let's show no grief over it whatsoever and have a bit of a laugh while peeing."

Kishi has no respect for the gravity of death. I honestly expected better of him.

Cue Oda is awesome rant:

In an SBS somewhere Oda explained why he never had Luffy and friends go "Let's go kill that bastard," opting instead for "Let's defeat him!" It's because he didn't want to be too flippant with death, and I respect that. While Oda does acknowledge that the SHs have in fact killed some mooks just by necessity, he never wants to tread the path where death means absolutely fuck all like in Naruto.
    I have to disagree with this. Soilders dying in battle doesn't mean everyone will be depressed 24/7. Read up on wars or watch Movies like saving private Ryan. They joke around even when their fellow Men die. You see them drinking, Arm wrestling,tattoos, punch each other in the chest, make up songs etc... They act like little kids especially the younger ones. Being depress 24/7 will probably get you killed. Go search on Google for Soilders playing beer pong in Iraq or other places. Don't get me wrong, some Soilders can't handle the battle field and get emotional. Look at the fodder who died vs Sasori and deidara because he went crazy after his friend died. Gao had to also save a fodder and give him a speech.

Darkest Timeline Prevented Kareem Said's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namixluffy2 View Post
    I have to disagree with this. Soilders dying in battle doesn't mean everyone will be depressed 24/7. Read up on wars or watch Movies like saving private Ryan. They joke around even when their fellow Men die. You see them drinking, Arm wrestling,tattoos, punch each other in the chest, make up songs etc... They act like little kids especially the younger ones. Being depress 24/7 will probably get you killed. Go search on Google for Soilders playing beer pong in Iraq or other places. Don't get me wrong, some Soilders can't handle the battle field and get emotional. Look at the fodder who died vs Sasori and deidara because he went crazy after his friend died. Gao had to also save a fodder and give him a speech.
    So apparently you missed the part where half of their forces were killed. In those movies and real life wars you mentioned, events like that never happened (probably because they wouldn't realistically happen in a real war, but regardless). You're right that soldiers try to enjoy themselves as much as possible but I think that if one out of every two soldiers were killed, you'd start to maybe take things a bit more seriously, since you now know how easily the enemy can kill you.

The main problem is it shows Kishi doesn't give a damn. He doesn't give a damn that he killed so many soldiers or about this war at all. We always kind of knew that, but this really illustrates it. Killing all the soldiers was just some really, really cheap attempt to create that elusive SUSPENSE!!! writers are always trying to create. Now it is a good idea to bring as much suspense as possible into a story, but not when it's as cheap as Kishi made it. It just makes you pissed off at Kishi.
    Proud member of the Beelzebub and Negima are awesome crews.
    Toonami is back. All is right again.
    Say it with me now: New shows, same Toonami.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    So apparently you missed the part where half of their forces were killed. In those movies and real life wars you mentioned, events like that never happened (probably because they wouldn't realistically happen in a real war, but regardless). You're right that soldiers try to enjoy themselves as much as possible but I think that if one out of every two soldiers were killed, you'd start to maybe take things a bit more seriously, since you now know how easily the enemy can kill you.

The main problem is it shows Kishi doesn't give a damn. He doesn't give a damn that he killed so many soldiers or about this war at all. We always kind of knew that, but this really illustrates it. Killing all the soldiers was just some really, really cheap attempt to create that elusive SUSPENSE!!! writers are always trying to create. Now it is a good idea to bring as much suspense as possible into a story, but not when it's as cheap as Kishi made it. It just makes you pissed off at Kishi.
    They do happen in real life. This is why I mention them. Soilders also get pretty cruel too(understandable because that's the enemy), They made a pyramid out of naked Soilders justfor the lol They were laughing their ass off. You can't watch mainstream media to see the stuff that they do. He seems to be informing the readers on who is winning so far. This is war, people will have to die

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

They do happen in real life. This is why I mention them. Soilders also get pretty cruel too(understandable because that's the enemy), They made a pyramid out of naked Soilders justfor the lol They were laughing their ass off. You can't watch mainstream media to see the stuff that they do. He seems to be informing the readers on who is winning so far. This is war, people will have to die

In fairness, if you lose half your forces, that usually means you're enemy is completely and utterly desroying you and you have no moral. In this, BOTH SIDES lost half their forces. And you also have to consider this happened in A SINGLE DAY. And when you consider the enemies forces, unlike yours, are expendable clones (and near invincible zombies) and Madara can presumably make many, many more of them with enough time. Morale is a very real part of war, and if shit like this happened in a real war, the side it was happening to would probably in utter chaos, disarray, and would be easily killed.

Also, using movies as an example is utterly stupid since fiction is NOT REAL, especially ones that are made to glorify war like Saving Private Ryan was

Who exactly is Mumbo?

They are derpy ninjas.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?

That's just awesome.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

Thanks for making me laugh. I really need that today.

Speaks the truth!

Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

Closed Thread

Thread Information