+ Reply to Thread
Page 491 of 494 FirstFirst ... 391 441 481 489 490 491 492 493 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,820 of 9870

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

honestly, Orochimaru surviving and getting away with it was made 100% worth it when Naruto just showed up and asked him to come to a parent-teacher conference for his kid

that's the kind of shit i live for

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Plot twist, the PTA is a trap to get orochimaru into a genjutsu and be done with him.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Paren't-teacher conference sounds like a buffet for past Orochimaru.

"And, btw, don't kidnap any children to make gruesome experiments on, please."

Since he, like, kidnapped 60 kids before he left Konoha, of which only Yamato survived. Even without that shit, a "kill on sight" order should be a given.

The character is interesting and all, but come on.
    Last edited by Razh; October 31st, 2018 at 01:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Wtf even is justice when poor Jiraiya corpse still can't be found.
    That's because Jiraiya is alive and well and off living on a private island somewhere, safely in retirement and away from all the nonsense.

Kishi went entirely out of his way to excuse not being able to ressurect him as a clone because "can't find any of his dna", even though given all the other *burned* corpses he was able to track down anyway. Surely a strand of his super long hair was lying around in one of the many bathhouses he frequented. Plus, him and Orochimaru had interacted for years, there must have been SOMETHING with his DNA lying around.

No one was actually there to see Jiraiya die, he had just pushed himself back from the brink of the death, water was carrying him away, he wasn't erased from the frog scrolls, etc. I'm almost certain Kishi had planned to bring him back, actually alive, during the final war but then the whole thing cascaded into a multiyear clusterfuck of too many characters, so the ideal moment never arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Paren't-teacher conference sounds like a buffet for past Orochimaru.

"And, btw, don't kidnap any children to make gruesome experiments on, please."

Since he, like, kidnapped 60 kids before he left Konoha, of which only Yamato survived. Even without that shit, a "kill on sight" order should be a given.

The character is interesting and all, but come on.
    Ah! So this what is going on in the anime. I only read the manga. Currently it had some really good chapters.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

No one was actually there to see Jiraiya die, he had just pushed himself back from the brink of the death, water was carrying him away, he wasn't erased from the frog scrolls, etc. I'm almost certain Kishi had planned to bring him back, actually alive, during the final war but then the whole thing cascaded into a multiyear clusterfuck of too many characters, so the ideal moment never arrived.
    Kishi in an interview said that he had no plan to bring back three characters in the story - Hidan(immortal anyway),Konan and Jiraiya. Though the interview came near the end of the manga and releasing of the film The Last.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Robby, it's been years, I'm sorry, Ero Sennin is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Kishi in an interview said that he had no plan to bring back three characters in the story - Hidan(immortal anyway),Konan and Jiraiya. Though the interview came near the end of the manga and releasing of the film The Last.
    Of course he'd say that. That would ruin the surprise when he turns up suddenly in Boruto, which he isn't writing. Boruto is going to try summoning a toad and Jiraiya is going to pop out or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Robby, it's been years, I'm sorry, Ero Sennin is gone.
    Lol. I don't care. Just stating that it was pretty clearly Kishi's original intent to have him be alive since he had all those little caveats. No witnesses and no instant death proof like he did with one of the little frogs. The "can't find a single shred of his hair to make a zombie clone from" being the most ridiculous when we know some of the other characters were burned or dead for decades.

Then he changed his mind sometime during the overlong final war because that ran for like 4 years of the 15 year manga.

There are actually theories that Koji Kashin from the Boruto manga is Jiraiya. I think he's more likely his son, though.

Or a clone. But I'd prefer son.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    Crocodile also was close to tears when Whitebeard was stabbed.

Bellamy's surviving and subsequent redemption is possibly my most hated thing to happen in the series lol

Orochimaru not being locked up or killed is dumb, but I'm not as bothered as with Bellamy or even Crocodile.

Sasuke I honestly don't have a problem with.
    Bellamy's one crime was being a pirate lol. It's not like he usurped kingdoms or destroyed countries under the pretense of being a government employee.

Bellamy was just a high school bully that grew up into a decent human being. With the help of some good old ass kicking.

It was easy to hate him when he first appeared. And I can somewhat understand the people who hate what Oda did with him. But only somewhat, because that was character growth done right. I was as happy to see him on the tournament as Luffy was. The dude showed morality and a great sense of responsibility, although a misdirected one. And I'm glad he joined the fleet in the end. Never could I have seen that happening during or after Jaya arc. That Oda could make me hate a character so much, feel such fulfillment when he's knocked out while watching it on anime first time, then make me root for the same dude out of nowhere.

Who among us hasn't been a dick at some point in their life, and came to regret it?

Bellamy entire side arc could have been developed better.
    There's no argument for that really.
    I mean it's nice that he's a changed man but the wasted potential and bad aftertaste still lingers.

Off topic, re-reading Naruto early arcs and I realize how foolish younger me was.
    Having all that expectations and all when Kishi throws it in our face so early that Naruto is basically an infinite battery.
    Pfft he was OP from the start, what was I thinking having all that hopes.

Nah Kishi killed off Jiraiya and didn't bring him back he's too half ass to do so.
    And he wanted to do that parallel with Naruto and Sasuke what with both of then losing someone.
    Keeping him alive would invalidate all that "deep" writing and parallels he was trying to make.
    That and he was too good for this trainwreck.
    Really mostly that.
    Come to think of it most of them who died early were actually brilliant characters.
    Screw that revival jutsu.
    Another reason Orochimaru is a piece of shit.
    Without him the entire war would be about fighting talking aloe veras.

If they were so brilliant why did they get their asses kicked or die?

Even Itachi who was supposedly the most brilliant of them all died doing something that eventhough looked deep and reasonable made no sense and only further served to screw up his brother's head even more.

Screw that revival jutsu.
    Another reason Orochimaru is a piece of shit.
    Without him the entire war would be about fighting talking aloe veras.
    .... Wouldn't that be screw the 2nd Hokage since it was his justu and had a much different (and broken) application that both Orochimaru and Kabuto had somehow missed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Bellamy's one crime was being a pirate lol. It's not like he usurped kingdoms or destroyed countries under the pretense of being a government employee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Bellamy was just a high school bully that grew up into a decent human being. With the help of some good old ass kicking.

It was easy to hate him when he first appeared. And I can somewhat understand the people who hate what Oda did with him. But only somewhat, because that was character growth done right. I was as happy to see him on the tournament as Luffy was. The dude showed morality and a great sense of responsibility, although a misdirected one. And I'm glad he joined the fleet in the end. Never could I have seen that happening during or after Jaya arc. That Oda could make me hate a character so much, feel such fulfillment when he's knocked out while watching it on anime first time, then make me root for the same dude out of nowhere.

Who among us hasn't been a dick at some point in their life, and came to regret it?
    It's not that I think he was so evil that he was irredeemable. I liked Bellamy because he was just a small-time asshole. He had no dreams or convictions and Luffy easily beat him. Then Doffy murdered him. He served his purpose, but Oda felt the need to bring him back and give him a sob story. And he also believes now!

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Bellamy entire side arc could have been developed better.
    There's no argument for that really.
    I mean it's nice that he's a changed man but the wasted potential and bad aftertaste still lingers.
    Sure, not saying it couldn't have been done better. The whole story with him losing his crew on a sky island. And he was reintroduced as Dofla's violent fanboy, going around and beating up everyone who speaks against Dofla or whatever. But how does he travel without the crew? He can't be just jumping from one island to next.

Then he falls apart when he realizes Dofla toyed with him just to have Dellinger kill him. Nah, he saves his fighting spirit for Luffy, who then repeats the scene for Jaya, just for the cheap nostalgia trip. That was pretty silly.

But whole of Dressrosa is for me Wasted Potential: The Arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    If they were so brilliant why did they get their asses kicked or die?

Even Itachi who was supposedly the most brilliant of them all died doing something that eventhough looked deep and reasonable made no sense and only further served to screw up his brother's head even more.

.... Wouldn't that be screw the 2nd Hokage since it was his justu and had a much different (and broken) application that both Orochimaru and Kabuto had somehow missed?
    I never said Itachi was brilliant and if I implied that, it wasn't it that line of thinking either.
    Maybe you got me wrong.
    By brilliant, I meant they were villains/adversaries that were written well and relatable.
    Zabuza, Haku, Neji, Gaara, to a certain extend Sasori, Deidara and pre-bs Orochimaru, and seeing how you pointed out Itachi, he is one of the better characters but yes he came with his flaws.
    Kishimoto had this really dark and cruel world going on that was in contrast with his main character and it was exciting and amazing to be able to explore that as a reader initially.
    People forget that the first half of Naruto can be pretty dark and at that point of time Naruto words had some enchantment to it what with him wanting to change the world.
    Most of the early villains were shaped because of their circumstances and were at least relatable.
    In fact I probably relate more to the "bad guys" than our ninja jesus.

Ah, Itachi, you had the best of intentions. In a lot of ways his story is pretty tragic in its own right, but after seeing what Sasuke did, maaaaaaaybe traumatizing the kid was a really stupid idea. Like I get why he did, inspire him to kill the evil Uchiha to cement himself as the one Uchiha hero.

But then he fucked off from the village and caused hell for the Leaf.

I never said Itachi was brilliant and if I implied that, it wasn't it that line of thinking either.
    Maybe you got me wrong.
    I mentioned Itachi as an example I know you didn't mention him.

Ah, Itachi, you had the best of intentions. In a lot of ways his story is pretty tragic in its own right, but after seeing what Sasuke did, maaaaaaaybe traumatizing the kid was a really stupid idea. Like I get why he did, inspire him to kill the evil Uchiha to cement himself as the one Uchiha hero.

But then he fucked off from the village and caused hell for the Leaf.
    But Meta he did all those things not for power, not for evil, but for good, the good of the village.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    But Meta he did all those things not for power, not for evil, but for good, the good of the village.
    "he" meaning Sasuke, who left the leaf.

All the good will Itachi had gathered for the reader to give to the Uchiha was completely ruined by Obito and Madara. tobirama was right

"he" meaning Sasuke, who left the leaf.

All the good will Itachi had gathered for the reader to give to the Uchiha was completely ruined by Obito and Madara. tobirama was right
    I know you were referring to Sasuke I was snarking on Itachi's good "intentions" for Sasuke and the village.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...en/0/29/page/1

Boruto makes me like Naruto as a character. In his own series he was very annoying. But aged up and much calmer and a couple decades of experience he's much easier to just kinda enjoy. It kinda helps that I still wanna deck Kawaki lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information