+ Reply to Thread
Page 492 of 492 FirstFirst ... 392 442 482 490 491 492
Results 9,821 to 9,825 of 9825

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    If they were so brilliant why did they get their asses kicked or die?

Even Itachi who was supposedly the most brilliant of them all died doing something that eventhough looked deep and reasonable made no sense and only further served to screw up his brother's head even more.

.... Wouldn't that be screw the 2nd Hokage since it was his justu and had a much different (and broken) application that both Orochimaru and Kabuto had somehow missed?
    I never said Itachi was brilliant and if I implied that, it wasn't it that line of thinking either.
    Maybe you got me wrong.
    By brilliant, I meant they were villains/adversaries that were written well and relatable.
    Zabuza, Haku, Neji, Gaara, to a certain extend Sasori, Deidara and pre-bs Orochimaru, and seeing how you pointed out Itachi, he is one of the better characters but yes he came with his flaws.
    Kishimoto had this really dark and cruel world going on that was in contrast with his main character and it was exciting and amazing to be able to explore that as a reader initially.
    People forget that the first half of Naruto can be pretty dark and at that point of time Naruto words had some enchantment to it what with him wanting to change the world.
    Most of the early villains were shaped because of their circumstances and were at least relatable.
    In fact I probably relate more to the "bad guys" than our ninja jesus.

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Ah, Itachi, you had the best of intentions. In a lot of ways his story is pretty tragic in its own right, but after seeing what Sasuke did, maaaaaaaybe traumatizing the kid was a really stupid idea. Like I get why he did, inspire him to kill the evil Uchiha to cement himself as the one Uchiha hero.

But then he fucked off from the village and caused hell for the Leaf.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    I never said Itachi was brilliant and if I implied that, it wasn't it that line of thinking either.
    Maybe you got me wrong.
    I mentioned Itachi as an example I know you didn't mention him.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Ah, Itachi, you had the best of intentions. In a lot of ways his story is pretty tragic in its own right, but after seeing what Sasuke did, maaaaaaaybe traumatizing the kid was a really stupid idea. Like I get why he did, inspire him to kill the evil Uchiha to cement himself as the one Uchiha hero.

But then he fucked off from the village and caused hell for the Leaf.
    But Meta he did all those things not for power, not for evil, but for good, the good of the village.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    But Meta he did all those things not for power, not for evil, but for good, the good of the village.
    "he" meaning Sasuke, who left the leaf.

All the good will Itachi had gathered for the reader to give to the Uchiha was completely ruined by Obito and Madara. tobirama was right

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    "he" meaning Sasuke, who left the leaf.

All the good will Itachi had gathered for the reader to give to the Uchiha was completely ruined by Obito and Madara. tobirama was right
    I know you were referring to Sasuke I was snarking on Itachi's good "intentions" for Sasuke and the village.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information