+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

I keep on finding it funny cause I always found Mass Effect 2 harder than Mass Effect 1. Of course, I may have just been having too much fun with the charge attack...

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    That's why I like magic. Throw a fireball in the enemy's general direction and things should go fine. Or cast a bunch of AoE spells and watch things fall apart.
    That's exactly why I dont like magic. It feels that bit more rewarding know that you took that enemy out by lining up the shot and firing it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I keep on finding it funny cause I always found Mass Effect 2 harder than Mass Effect 1. Of course, I may have just been having too much fun with the charge attack...
    What about 2 did you find particularly easier than 1?

Don't get me wrong, I loved ME2 but it was full to the brim of hand-holding. I thought I'd never seen a game as dumbed down as much from the original..... until Dragon Age 2 was released anyway.

XBL: SympathyX PSN: CTD-SympathyX 3DS: 0344-9267-0120
    Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by SympathyX View Post
    That's exactly why I dont like magic. It feels that bit more rewarding know that you took that enemy out by lining up the shot and firing it yourself.

What about 2 did you find particularly easier than 1?

Don't get me wrong, I loved ME2 but it was full to the brim of hand-holding. I thought I'd never seen a game as dumbed down as much from the original..... until Dragon Age 2 was released anyway.
    Hmm, It was probably just a while since I'd actually played Mass Effect 1, but I think it's just that I tended to be more risky playing through Mass Effect 2 than I did in Mass Effect 1.

I really hope charge comes back in ME3. Insanity vanguard was possibly the most fun you can have in this game.
    Ganzbino

Happy day for the LBGT community: You can now have same-sex relationships in ME3 regardless if you're a m!shep or a fem!shep.
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1168458p1.html

Now the question is, whom do you get to choose from?

But what about the straight people?
    WHY ARE WE ALWAYS BEING FORGOTTEN!?!
    NintendoNetworkID:NJMancini, please leave a message saying you're from AP

Happy day for the LBGT community: You can now have same-sex relationships in ME3 regardless if you're a m!shep or a fem!shep.
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1168458p1.html

Now the question is, whom do you get to choose from?
    What the fuck? What the fuck?

I've got nothing against gays at all but that's really out of place in Mass Effect

I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

How in the hell is it out of place?

Or are you just upset that the "guy's game" of Mass Effect now has boy/boy options in it and you're worried about your masculinity being threatened?

Seriously, if this is set in a universe where there is an all-female race that can mate with either gender, I don't see what's so wrong about having gay male relationships too.

Kaidan's an option. That encounter between him was always awkward. I wonder if anyone's gonna complain about their same-sex option already possibly being dead? Of course that's speculation of course for both him and Ashley.

How in the hell is it out of place?

Or are you just upset that the "guy's game" of Mass Effect now has boy/boy options in it and you're worried about your masculinity being threatened?
    If Shepard was into that kind of thing then the option should have come up at the beginning like it did in Dragon Age. This would be like if Marty and Doc just started going all Brokeback Mountain in Back To The Future 3. They never gave any inclination of anything like that in the first two so why would they just randomly be like that now?

If Shepard was into that kind of thing then the option should have come up at the beginning like it did in Dragon Age. This would be like if Marty and Doc just started going all Brokeback Mountain in Back To The Future 3. They never gave any inclination of anything like that in the first two so why would they just randomly be like that now?
    This post is hillarious, Shepard is nothing more than a lump of clay for the player to mold as they see fit.
    As for romance in the first Mass Effect, they were planning on making Kaiden and Ashley same-sex romancible but backed out at the last minute, presumably due to not know what they could or could not get away with.

*shrug* Maybe they just were afraid of alienating the idiot guy gamers before ME had established itself.

Or maybe that idiot who claimed they were ignoring their "straight players" pissed Bioware off so much they decided to go the whole hog and truly make all their games with all options.

Either way, what's done is done, don't get pissy about the canon being "destroyed", it's fine. Let the love spread.

Either way, what's done is done, don't get pissy about the canon being "destroyed", it's fine. Let the love spread.
    Why are you quoting the word "destroyed"? I never said that?

From a character development stand point it just doesn't make much sense to retcon that kind of thing in now. If it had been there from the start then I'd be cool with it but it's not.

*shrug* Maybe they just were afraid of alienating the idiot guy gamers before ME had established itself.
    I think it had more to do with the moral guardians, which did happen when Fox News did a story on it where they coined the phrase "Virtual Organic Rape".
    A lot of people assume that was the reason gay/lesbian romance options were absent in ME2.

Wrex, our love will no longer be forbidden!

Kaiden did seem somewhat romantizable in the first one in certain dialogs. I guess that they didn't want to redo everything from female shephard.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Why are you quoting the word "destroyed"? I never said that?

From a character development stand point it just doesn't make much sense to retcon that kind of thing in now. If it had been there from the start then I'd be cool with it but it's not.
    Except that Shepard is supposed to be what the player wants him to be. This isn't like Assasin's Creed or Final Fantasy, it's supposed to be "you create the character, you guide the story."

The developers probably wanted to include the gay options from the beginning, but where kept back for various reasons/outside pressure. Either way, don't think of this as a "retcon." If your Shepard is straight, he'll remain straight.

So....how about piloting that Atlas Mech? Cool stuff right there.

So it seems I'm really not alone in my opinions on this one:
    http://kotaku.com/5802371/mass-effec...es-alter-canon

It's not just Shepard though. Say if Garrus just randomly made a pass at me, that would seem so out of place. Is it really so offensive in this day and age to just keep the characters straight?

As I said, if this had really been established in the first one then fine, I wouldn't have a single problem with it but since it's now being shoehorned into the third one for whatever reason it just seems wrong for narrative reasons.

I honestly don't care as long as they put more dialogue in for everyone. My male shepard only got the calibration line with garrus, while fem shepard got a whole lot more. the reverse is the same with Tali just because they werent a LI option. Im fine with the added options if everyones dialogue was available. Otherwise it just feels tacked on and out of character for some.
    Ganzbino

So it seems I'm really not alone in my opinions on this one:
    http://kotaku.com/5802371/mass-effec...es-alter-canon

It's not just Shepard though. Say if Garrus just randomly made a pass at me, that would seem so out of place. Is it really so offensive in this day and age to just keep the characters straight?

As I said, if this had really been established in the first one then fine, I wouldn't have a single problem with it but since it's now being shoehorned into the third one for whatever reason it just seems wrong for narrative reasons.
    *shrug* I can understand being annoyed over narrative and whatnot, but I consider it a small bump to step over. And just because you can make your Shepard gay doesn't mean they'll automatically make all the male LIs gay too. Garrus I have a feeling probably won't. Hell, if it's anybody it'll be Kaidan, and only Kaidan.

But I think that article points out some good arguments on both sides.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information